Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2 parties. Us, vs THEM

Angry The 2 parties. Us, vs THEM

Locally and nationally there is really only 2 parties. Not Democrat or Repiblican, but rather Us, vs THEM.

Them consists of republicans independents, conservatives, democrats and the rest.. they all vote for less jobs, lower wages, and more taxes. Less liberties less freedoms and more Govt control They are, all the same. They all feel that the average person (us) are too stupid to make decisions for our own benefit, so THEM, have developed, the Dept of Education, the Dept of Health, The dept of Commerce, the Dept of homland Security, the FBI, and so on and so forth to regulate us, in what we can, and cant do.

Its now a two party system in this country, regardless of your so called 'party affiliation' its us, me you, and our families, vs politicians.

Politicians are, at their core, only care about themselves. What can they do, to make themselves better, over the rest of us, while making it appear they care about us, over them?

its, us vs THEM...

dont forget that.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

I defer to the late great sage:

It's not us vs. them. It's us vs. us.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Very funny video but the fact is that the people to blame for the mess we are in is the political class. They are the people who keep the system going. They choose to do so on a daily basis. They do so for greed, power, ego, and money.

It is facile to blame "the public" but in reality, the public does not exist; only individuals exist. We were all born into this big government system and there is almost nothing each of us as individuals could do to change it through political action. (Which is why I wrote a book on individual non-political action.) So, if the public is an abstraction meaning all individuals, and the individuals themselves are not to blame, then "the public" is not to blame.

I belabor this because the notion that the public is to blame is a very useful piece of political class propaganda that is designed to distract attention from their own foul deeds.

A practical reason to disabuse yourself of the Carlin myth is this: it is a strategic dead end. No plausible plan of action follows from it.

Bottom line. Politics is rigged so that the individual is virtually powerless to change it. That is why our focus should be on direct citizen action.

Start by yanking your kids out of government school today.

Start by yanking your kids out of government school today.
    And do what with them?
    As the 3rd poorest metro area in the nation, it's unlikely many people would be able to continue paying their school taxes and pay for private schooling.
    That leaves home schooling. Taught by Govt. schooled parents?
    Then what happens once those home schooled kids reach college age? How many people can give up extra income for 12 years to home school AND save money for a private college? Sure, some will qualify for loans, but having to pay for deficits created by their parents and grandparents are going to eat up a significant amount of their incomes and then school loan payments on top of that? hmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Locally and nationally there is really only 2 parties. Not Democrat or Repiblican, but rather Us, vs THEM.

Them consists of republicans independents, conservatives, democrats and the rest.. they all vote for less jobs, lower wages, and more taxes. Less liberties less freedoms and more Govt control They are, all the same. They all feel that the average person (us) are too stupid to make decisions for our own benefit, so THEM, have developed, the Dept of Education, the Dept of Health, The dept of Commerce, the Dept of homland Security, the FBI, and so on and so forth to regulate us, in what we can, and cant do.

Its now a two party system in this country, regardless of your so called 'party affiliation' its us, me you, and our families, vs politicians.

Politicians are, at their core, only care about themselves. What can they do, to make themselves better, over the rest of us, while making it appear they care about us, over them?

its, us vs THEM...

dont forget that.

The problem is that there are still many people with party loyalty. In this area for example, people will mindlessly vote for the "D" next to a candidates name. This has turned our state into the Peoples Republic of NY. We are a one party system.

Case in point is the Paladino campaign. Here is a guy from Buffalo that wants to get Buffalo a seat at the Albany table and change the way government runs. However, there are still dolts that will not vote for him merely because of the "R" next to his name.

It's an endless cycle and will never change.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

"And do what with them?"

People need to answer that question before they have kids.

On the contrary, the fact that there is a "free" babysitting service from pre-K through 12 encourages some people to have many children with little concern over their future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    "And do what with them?"

People need to answer that question before they have kids.

On the contrary, the fact that there is a "free" babysitting service from pre-K through 12 encourages some people to have many children with little concern over their future.
    Oh please, even you can't really think my question meant "whp is going to watcch my kids for free" . Perhaps reading the entire post in context would help, but just in case you can't figure it out:
    And do what with them EDUCATIONALLY SPEAKING.

I understood you. You didn't understand me.

"As the 3rd poorest metro area in the nation, it's unlikely many people would be able to continue paying their school taxes and pay for private schooling."

As I said in my book, if you live in the City of Buffalo, you pay virtually no school tax. If you live in the burbs, you pay almost a mortgage for mediocre, drug-ridden, day-time propaganda prisons for your kids.

Pull them out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Oh please, even you can't really think my question meant "whp is going to watcch my kids for free" . Perhaps reading the entire post in context would help, but just in case you can't figure it out:
    And do what with them EDUCATIONALLY SPEAKING.
    Ostrowski meant that if you can't afford to educate your kids privately from pre-k through college, you shouldn't have them. Of course, if you can't afford to do this and still have kids, well, they'll be doomed to fall into the uneducated underclass that provides cheap labor for the wealthy to make more money. This system works so great in so many garden spots of the Third World, that Ostrowski and his fellow "libertarians" want to spread it to the US.

Your intelligence should be in service to truth not sophistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    Very funny video but the fact is that the people to blame for the mess we are in is the political class. They are the people who keep the system going. They choose to do so on a daily basis. They do so for greed, power, ego, and money.

It is facile to blame "the public" but in reality, the public does not exist; only individuals exist. We were all born into this big government system and there is almost nothing each of us as individuals could do to change it through political action. (Which is why I wrote a book on individual non-political action.) So, if the public is an abstraction meaning all individuals, and the individuals themselves are not to blame, then "the public" is not to blame...
    Interesting perspective. But the public is still comprised of individuals. Carlin's main point is that people complain about what individuals rise to elected offices, but none of these individuals seem to actually have answers. Many of the people on this board seem to think they're know-it-alls, but seem to have trouble getting elected to office to apply their 'easy fixes.'

Where are all the intelligent, trustworthy people of conscience? Are you suggesting they prefer to tap away on their laptops with academic impunity, rather than actually solving all our problems in one afternoon?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Politics is a rigged game. That's why many intelligent people stay out. And that's why I believe direct action is the way to go. But people have been brainwashed into thinking that electoral politics is their only option.

The fact is, the last time electoral politics shrank government was Jefferson's first term!

The foundation of big government is the government school. Gets your kids out of those hell holes and heroin highs. Don't have an election; just do it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    I defer to the late great sage:

It's not us vs. them. It's us vs. us.
    Genious

Part of the problem is that, if you speak your mind on a board like this, you have a good chance of being visited by the brown shirts...

The political class has made it so that we the people literally have no rights, but merely privileges which can be removed if we misbehave.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information