Thread: So this is the HUD stuff they are referring to?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So this is the HUD stuff they are referring to?

Fees for Friends: Vendetta [Andrew Cuomo Scandal]

By Lucy Komisar
    Aug 30, 2006 [Part 2]
    On September 12th, a primary will choose the Democratic candidate for New York Attorney General. The front runner is Andrew Cuomo.
    Cuomo seeks to succeed Eliot Spitzer, who made a national reputation by targeting corrupt Wall Street and corporate officials. Spitzer has been publicly denounced by his targets, including former AIG chairman Maurice “Hank” Greenberg, accused of cooking the books to present a fraudulent picture of his company’s financial position.

Read the blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Fees for Friends: Vendetta [Andrew Cuomo Scandal]

Read the blog
    No, when Cuomo worked for Clinton, he relaxed regulations for approving homes through HUD - Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. The people clearly were not qualified buyers and as a result millions, who couldn't afford their homes, ended up losing them. There's much more to the story. This is just a thumbnail version. I heard Paladino was going to bring out more dirt in October and I think HUD will be on their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    No, when Cuomo worked for Clinton, he relaxed regulations for approving homes through HUD - Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. The people clearly were not qualified buyers and as a result millions, who couldn't afford their homes, ended up losing them. There's much more to the story. This is just a thumbnail version. I heard Paladino was going to bring out more dirt in October and I think HUD will be on their agenda.
    This is what to hammer into the voters minds. Andrew Coumo precipitated the housing meltdown. If Carl has enough $$$ he should go natonal. It worked for one (honest) term wth Jesse Ventura. Dick Kern moved to Mnlpls. All is lost!
    Last edited by Effigy; October 1st, 2010 at 01:55 AM.

Reports released by HUD for FY 97-01 show that over $200,000,000,000 VANISHED into thin air during Cuomo's run.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So he helped lower the qualifications for people to purchase homes who in hindsight had no business buying homes? All which came at a great expense to those who can afford homes?

So he helped lower the qualifications for people to purchase homes who in hindsight had no business buying homes? All which came at a great expense to those who can afford homes?
    What he did was increase the % of "risky" home loans freddie and fannie would buy from 45% to 50% of the total number of loans they held. So yes, he provided more loans to people who had bad credit, no credit, no jobs or loans that were to high to pay back.

However, these HUD loans only made up 17% of all sub prime loans, BUT it was the only mortgage "bank" that is tax payer backed. All those others we bailed out were ment to fail.

The difference however, is that all of those groups who got bailed out or TARP loans will or have paid it back... HUD will never see a cent of the alsmot TRILLION dollars it's gotten since '93, not to mention the 4 or son to be 4.5 TRILLION in FED mortgage buy outs, a big chunk from HUD.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So he had very bad judgment when being involved with hud it seems.

Yes and there's much more behind all of this and Douglas touches about more that happened in his recent post

So he had very bad judgment when being involved with hud it seems.
    More like a self-serving act on Cuomo's part.

Well, since the 1980's Andrew has believe that it his sole job in life to get people into homes. He's worked with a lot of good charities to help educate people about home ownership and get them into a house. However, me thinks that as we know charities and state govt doesn't have the free money that the Federal govt does. Cuomo jr worked for his dad as a "top policy advisor"

So when Clinton got elected, with a lot of help in NYS from Cuomo Sr, Andrew pushed for a job in HUD which as we know has unlimited funding. He was appointed to the number 2 in HUD in '93, and after his boss, quite because of a bad scandal... Cuomo jr took over.

Cuomo, like most govt officials, never worked a day in his life. He spent his whole life thinking he knew what was best for the housing of people, but in reality have never spent a day in his life living as the people he was trying to help. So yes... a lot of it was bad choices by him and overall arrogance!

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    This is what to hammer into the voters minds. Andrew Coumo precipitated the housing meltdown. If Carl has enough $$$ he should go natonal. It worked for one (honest) term wth Jesse Ventura. Dick Kern moved to Mnlpls. All is lost!
    Effigy: I agree. Paladino said that there's much more to release about Cuomo and that it would be coming out in October. I hope that they stick to issues like the housing meltdown and not personal or family issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Well, since the 1980's Andrew has believe that it his sole job in life to get people into homes. He's worked with a lot of good charities to help educate people about home ownership and get them into a house. However, me thinks that as we know charities and state govt doesn't have the free money that the Federal govt does. Cuomo jr worked for his dad as a "top policy advisor"

So when Clinton got elected, with a lot of help in NYS from Cuomo Sr, Andrew pushed for a job in HUD which as we know has unlimited funding. He was appointed to the number 2 in HUD in '93, and after his boss, quite because of a bad scandal... Cuomo jr took over.

Cuomo, like most govt officials, never worked a day in his life. He spent his whole life thinking he knew what was best for the housing of people, but in reality have never spent a day in his life living as the people he was trying to help. So yes... a lot of it was bad choices by him and overall arrogance!
    Dougles: And you hit on one word that describes Cuomo best - ARROGANCE.

Thread Information