Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Town Budget

2011 Town Budget

Attention: A public hearing to discuss the 2011 Town Budget will be held October 21, 2010 at 7:00 P.M. and a special meeting for adoption of the 2011 Town Budget on October 28, 2010 at 7:00 P.M. Both meetings will be held at the West Seneca Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The 2011 Proposed Town Budget is available at: http://www.westseneca.net/pdfile/201..._Tentative.pdf
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Such small print, I got to find my glasses.

Truth be told, I could never understand these things.

I'm counting on you to make heads or tails of this.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    While strolling through the old minutes of town board meetings on the town website, I came across sections about costs of the ice rink. In a July 12, 2004 board meeting, it was stated by the former Supervisor, that the costs of the ice rink for utilities and maintenance was between $300,000- $500,000 a year. He also stated in a Sept 20, 2004 board meeting that the town was helping to subsidize the costs for the towns youth hockey program to the tune of about $250,000.
    Where is the $300-500k in the budget? I don't think Paul Clark would pull those figures out of nowhere. I believe they exist, just don't know where they placed the figures, DTWarren, do you know?

All I can find.....
    Ice Rink - $23,500
    Buildings & Grounds - Ice Rink- 52,400

Hey SlowPoke, you're using a reference I made from 2004. It is now 2010. Between then and 2007, Paul Clark ran for higher office twice. You think maybe he eliminated those costs to help show town savings to impress an electorate of how he reduces taxes in an election year campaign ?

Additionally, he cleary states that he was alloting this Money for the upkeep of a facility that has seen better days, and safe to say, would keep costs down for those who have children utilizing the facility.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, your children played in at that time.

P.S. Don't start on your rink protest
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

It is difficult, even in the budget's current format, to separate out and isolate the true expenses for items such as the ice rink and pool because it often involves labor which is accounted for elsewhere and employee benefits and liability insurance which is in other locations.

Hey SlowPoke, you're using a reference I made from 2004. It is now 2010. Between then and 2007, Paul Clark ran for higher office twice. You think maybe he eliminated those costs to help show town savings to impress an electorate of how he reduces taxes in an election year campaign ?
    There is no way they can run a indoor ice rink for $75k. The budget also doesn't show the money they pay towards the association to subsidize the program

Depew's budget for their "outdoor" rink is $308,456

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    It is difficult, even in the budget's current format, to separate out and isolate the true expenses for items such as the ice rink and pool because it often involves labor which is accounted for elsewhere and employee benefits and liability insurance which is in other locations.
    Thanks Dan !

wnyfu will find some way to turn this into a conspiracy.

Would it be fair to speculate that this budget as presented, is within line of how other similar sized municipalities present their budgets ? Additionally, isn't it the Supervisor/Mayor who initially oversee and present the initial budget ? Then it goes before the board to be reviewed ?

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    There is no way they can run a indoor ice rink for $75k. The budget also doesn't show the money they pay towards the association to subsidize the program
    I knew you'd start up about the rink.
    P.S. Don't start on your rink protest

Would it be fair to speculate that this budget as presented, is within line of how other similar sized municipalities present their budgets ? Additionally, isn't it the Supervisor/Mayor who initially oversee and present the initial budget ? Then it goes before the board to be reviewed ?
    The most detailed budget Town of Amherst

There is always room for a another Hero

I suggest you take Amherst's budget go to the board meeting Monday and show the board and all of West Seneca how a budget should be done.

I for one would certainly be impressed.

Is this all there is for Burchfield?

http://www.westseneca.net/pdfile/201..._Tentative.pdf

Is this all there is for Burchfield? I know it doesn't include the maintence?

Attention: A public hearing to discuss the 2011 Town Budget will be held October 21, 2010 at 7:00 P.M. and a special meeting for adoption of the 2011 Town Budget on October 28, 2010 at 7:00 P.M. Both meetings will be held at the West Seneca Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
    Did your budget pass? I tried getting on the site, and could not. If you can answer a question for me, what was the budget increase? Did they approve the budget by now? Our town went up 6.33%, (Lancaster)was wondering what your towns outcome was?

I have tried to get on this site, have been unsuccessful, but do you know what the budget was for Amherst? What was the percentage increase?

shortie,

From the Amherst Bee-
    The 2011 budget decreases spending by 3 percent or approximately $3.7 million.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information