First of all I did NOT mean to copy the OLV stuff----they are not in this at all.

I am pointing out the major money being spent on the Martin Road---normans' folly project.

Before any of you attack---Yes, I did vote Yes on the project along with the other 4 Council Members for the project. I am all for Vision and Growth.
When I questioned the cost of the infrastructure VS the return on the City of Lackawanna's investment------I was promised by Charlie Jaworski and the other Councilmen that the project would pay for itself from the sale of the lots. Another one on the top of the huge pile of what they hid from me, this is alot bigger money than what they led me to believe. Hood-Winked Again.

They told me there was a long list of purchasers and they would determine who got what lot by a lottery method of selection.

Well I attended the City Auction for the lots---somewhere along the line they changed it to an auction but did not PUBLICLY market their sale at HUD-Belmont---local real estate brochure's, or even have signs on Martin Road.
The ONLY reason it got into the Buffalo News was because a long-time community activist gave them a news tip. I believe they kept it low key for the same reasons they did in the 70's---and they wanted who they wanted for their neighbors. The land is also a good deal compared to Hamburg, etc.

Go drive down the newly made streets and check out the new curbs, etc.
How about the $500,000 pump station that was supposed to go in because most of the lands are a wetland with some being Federally protected wetlands. The sump pump was upgraded but there is now a HUGE "Retention Pond" dug behind the lots.

Go walk down Verel and Brown Streets at the huge "SWAMP" created when Martin Road school was built! What is going to happen when 30 cellars are built if they find 27 more families to build their dream houses in Lackawanna.

Three lots were sold to a LA Judge, LA Policeman, and LA Fireman. The covenants are very stringent But I believe they are already modifying to make the homes more cost effective to the purchasers. Concrete driveways vs asphalt?

Do not get me wrong---I am happy to see progress, BUT.....The cost is --WHAT? Will one of you in the know please tell us--put in a Bflo News article---prove me wrong, I would love it!
ALL of the old sewers had to be pulled out from the 1970's " Kennedy " development that was going in but never went anywhere because of........

One reason was due to racial prejudices and the others due to the wetlands.

Will the Citizens of Lackawanna ever know how much of their money went in to subsidize these high end homes? Money that could have been used in playgrounds, street, sidewalks, beautification, etc.

Will the residents who live on "normans way" and "love terrace" send their children to Lackawanna Schools?

. How did the WETLANDS get by the LA Planning Board?

Looking at the big picture folks, this is what they do best---Cover-UP from the Citizens and use their money to get something they want for their own gain!

The whole project should have been sold to a developer and would have been done probably. What other community other than Lackawanna does their own .............did someone say , see ya at Rodney's?