Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bell Lackawanna?

Post Clarification

First of all I did NOT mean to copy the OLV stuff----they are not in this at all.

I am pointing out the major money being spent on the Martin Road---normans' folly project.

Before any of you attack---Yes, I did vote Yes on the project along with the other 4 Council Members for the project. I am all for Vision and Growth.
    When I questioned the cost of the infrastructure VS the return on the City of Lackawanna's investment------I was promised by Charlie Jaworski and the other Councilmen that the project would pay for itself from the sale of the lots. Another one on the top of the huge pile of what they hid from me, this is alot bigger money than what they led me to believe. Hood-Winked Again.

They told me there was a long list of purchasers and they would determine who got what lot by a lottery method of selection.

Well I attended the City Auction for the lots---somewhere along the line they changed it to an auction but did not PUBLICLY market their sale at HUD-Belmont---local real estate brochure's, or even have signs on Martin Road.
    The ONLY reason it got into the Buffalo News was because a long-time community activist gave them a news tip. I believe they kept it low key for the same reasons they did in the 70's---and they wanted who they wanted for their neighbors. The land is also a good deal compared to Hamburg, etc.

Go drive down the newly made streets and check out the new curbs, etc.
    How about the $500,000 pump station that was supposed to go in because most of the lands are a wetland with some being Federally protected wetlands. The sump pump was upgraded but there is now a HUGE "Retention Pond" dug behind the lots.

Go walk down Verel and Brown Streets at the huge "SWAMP" created when Martin Road school was built! What is going to happen when 30 cellars are built if they find 27 more families to build their dream houses in Lackawanna.

Three lots were sold to a LA Judge, LA Policeman, and LA Fireman. The covenants are very stringent But I believe they are already modifying to make the homes more cost effective to the purchasers. Concrete driveways vs asphalt?

Do not get me wrong---I am happy to see progress, BUT.....The cost is --WHAT? Will one of you in the know please tell us--put in a Bflo News article---prove me wrong, I would love it!
    ALL of the old sewers had to be pulled out from the 1970's " Kennedy " development that was going in but never went anywhere because of........

One reason was due to racial prejudices and the others due to the wetlands.

Will the Citizens of Lackawanna ever know how much of their money went in to subsidize these high end homes? Money that could have been used in playgrounds, street, sidewalks, beautification, etc.

Will the residents who live on "normans way" and "love terrace" send their children to Lackawanna Schools?

. How did the WETLANDS get by the LA Planning Board?

Looking at the big picture folks, this is what they do best---Cover-UP from the Citizens and use their money to get something they want for their own gain!

The whole project should have been sold to a developer and would have been done probably. What other community other than Lackawanna does their own .............did someone say , see ya at Rodney's?

The greatest thing about the Martin Road folly is that Norm and Love have an empty street named after them. How fitting empty streets for empty promises and a rapidly decaying city.

The new elementary school was built on a swamp! That's no secret. It took a lot more than estimated to fill the area before the school was able to be built on that ground. There was a reason the Diocese sold it and did not want it for themselves.......years from now there will be lots of problems.

I am happy to see new developments but not in that same area. I hope these families really check into this before they start building. It would be a shame if they had the same problems like the homes in Amherst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    The new elementary school was built on a swamp! That's no secret. It took a lot more than estimated to fill the area before the school was able to be built on that ground. There was a reason the Diocese sold it and did not want it for themselves.......years from now there will be lots of problems.

I am happy to see new developments but not in that same area. I hope these families really check into this before they start building. It would be a shame if they had the same problems like the homes in Amherst.
    I think the building technology is a little more on top of things now then 5 even 10 years ago, its not suprising that you people know about the construction trade also though!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    The greatest thing about the Martin Road folly is that Norm and Love have an empty street named after them. How fitting empty streets for empty promises and a rapidly decaying city.
    Why dont you just go away , you dont care about Lackawanna at all, all you care about is wanting people to fail so you can enjoy it and smear them. You and your kind are filled with jealousy and envy,and thats a tough way to live, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Why dont you just go away , you dont care about Lackawanna at all, all you care about is wanting people to fail so you can enjoy it and smear them. You and your kind are filled with jealousy and envy,and thats a tough way to live, isnt it?
    LMAO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT JOBS LOOK AT OUR CITY YOU GUYS RUINED IT!!!!Jealously really??? I wouldn't want to take credit for wrecking this city. You need to take off the rose colored glasses your wearing and look at the decay all around you. Specifically the second ward where I live.Furthermore I can't envy people who do nothing for the people but do everything for themselves!!
    Last edited by mnb811; October 2nd, 2010 at 12:36 PM.

I think the building technology is a little more on top of things now then 5 even 10 years ago, its not suprising that you people know about the construction trade also though!
    How about fixing up rundown sections of the city before building houses with all kinds of rules that drive up the cost. How about spending money on infrastructure before building Norman's Folly? How about improving the school system so people will actually spend 150grand on a house here? Common sense anyone? Lmao guess not.
    Last edited by mnb811; October 2nd, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

LMAO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT JOBS LOOK AT OUR CITY YOU GUYS RUINED IT!!!!Jealously really??? I wouldn't want to take credit for wrecking this city. You need to take off the rose colored glasses your wearing and look at the decay all around you. Specifically the second ward where I live.Furthermore I can't envy people who do nothing for the people but do everything for themselves!!
    What jobs are you talking about,were you bypassed for one?

Sorry but I WAS THERE and know what the construction problems were.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What jobs are you talking about,were you bypassed for one?
    I wouldn't work for this city for free to much BS. I love my job been and have there for 20plus years. It obvious jobs are what you all care about because if you didn't things would look a lot better around here. Just look at the city budget and the money that you shifted out of the general fund to save jobs. Just look at the schools and the people you got rid of and replaced them with. Meanwhile the city is rapidly deteriorating. Good job. You guys think no one notices your political bs what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Sorry but I WAS THERE and know what the construction problems were.....
    What trades union did you work for? How much time did you spend on site, or did you get updated by boe members that have no clue about construction trades either? its been ten years since construction completed, I have heard of no ploblems as of yet, or are we assured that they will not be evident til the 25 to 30 year mark.

Can you explain what the problems were and if you were there then why didnt you resolve them?
    are you refering to the swale?

Post It is called Listening.

When you attend meeting----read the provided paperwork (if any), and just sit back and listen to the people involved. And then you listen some more.

When I was on the Council you all know that the boys left me out of the who, why, and whens of the issues.
    So.....I went around them and did my own research--made my own visits and phone calls. The boys were pretty slick about leaving me out of the loop---
    They got me on a few because they openly lied about tings like normans folly, re-treeing Lackawanna, and fixing the playgrounds. Shame on them. Yes, it is about them and some of the citizens.

BUT, they have ruined and made a mess of OUR City---I tried to stop them and did not take part in their self-serving agendas and pillaging of the Citizens Money.

Just go back to the beginning talk of the project and talk to the people involved to do the research of the land itself--they have nothing to hide and were also told the project needed the $500,000 pump station to make the project feasible.

I personally was at the meeting with the County regarding the pump station when they promised it would go in. I questioned the exorbitant cost and was told all the people in Sewer District 6 would only pay for it. I thought it should be put on the homes going in the sub-division becausse tax bills are ready high, but......no one else ate meeting cared about the cost.

Now the situation is that County Ex. Collins came in and now there has to be a " Retention Pond ". Hmmmm.....
    Everyone involved from the beginning mandated a new half a million dollar pump station----now a big hole , I mean "pond".

Go drive down Verel and walk to the right along the path at the very end. Case closed.

I wouldn't work for this city for free to much BS. I love my job been and have there for 20plus years. It obvious jobs are what you all care about because if you didn't things would look a lot better around here. Just look at the city budget and the money that you shifted out of the general fund to save jobs. Just look at the schools and the people you got rid of and replaced them with. Meanwhile the city is rapidly deteriorating. Good job. You guys think no one notices your political bs what a joke.
    We noticed you avoided the truth again!

Post East Coast Bell, LA--Who is really watching the till?

Pay scandal, resignation deflate City Council in Bell, CaliforniaBy the CNN Wire StaffOctober 5, 2010 1:01 p.m. EDT
    "I believe this is in the best interests of the residents of Bell," Luis Artiga said of his resignation Monday.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Four current council members are facing criminal charges related to corruption allegations
    One of the four, Luis Artiga, resigned his council post Monday
    Report: Council meeting canceled after only one member shows up
    Eight current and former city officials were arrested last month