Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 33 point lead. But, the polls mean nothing anyway, right? (Today, that is.)

33 point lead. But, the polls mean nothing anyway, right? (Today, that is.)

New poll shows Cuomo up on Paladino by 33 points

Updated: September 23, 2010, 9:41 AM

ALBANY -- As if this election season is muddled enough, now the pollsters can't even come close to agreeing.

Just one day after an independent college poll showed Carl Paladino within six points of catching Andrew Cuomo, a poll out this morning by a different independent college research group has Republican Paladino distantly trailing the Democratic candidate for governor.

Siena College says there is a 33-point difference between Cuomo and Paladino and that, unlike the previous day's poll by Quinnipiac University, Cuomo is still comfortably above the all-important 50 percent level.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city/poli...icle198753.ece

What did they interview 800 people living in Albany?

I guess this is good news for people like you content with the status cuomo.
    Last edited by Yankeefan2009; September 23rd, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

The only people content with Cuomo are people who don't want to see things change in NYS. And there are a large number of them. Most are backed by special interest groups or are living off public dollars. They would all be perfectly happy to see Cuomo win and taxes continue to go up.

Then there are the rest of us. We're the ones who work hard, pay taxes and want what's best for our community. We're sick of seeing our community slide further and further down the tubes and we're disgusted with being taken advantage of.

Come November, we can only hope there are more of us than there are of the parasites who'll vote for Cuomo.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Keep in mind it was siena ( a $30k a year liberal arts school) that had Carl down by 16 points a week before he won by 30+ points.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    The only people content with Cuomo are people who don't want to see things change in NYS. And there are a large number of them. Most are backed by special interest groups or are living off public dollars. They would all be perfectly happy to see Cuomo win and taxes continue to go up.

Then there are the rest of us. We're the ones who work hard, pay taxes and want what's best for our community. We're sick of seeing our community slide further and further down the tubes and we're disgusted with being taken advantage of.

Come November, we can only hope there are more of us than there are of the parasites who'll vote for Cuomo.
    If he doesn't get in, I am voting for 1 800 Uhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    If he doesn't get in, I am voting for 1 800 Uhaul
    I know what you mean. I get calls all the time asking me if I'd like to move my business to NC, SC, FL, etc and I've never really taken them seriously.

It could be time to make a fundamental attitude adjustment.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    I know what you mean. I get calls all the time asking me if I'd like to move my business to NC, SC, FL, etc and I've never really taken them seriously.

It could be time to make a fundamental attitude adjustment.
    That's pretty sad that things have gotten this bad. I hope your business stays, NYS desperately needs you.

What's pathetic is that there are fool living in wnyright now that think Cuomo is the right choice. Yeah, keeping things the same has worked great for the past 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    What's pathetic is that there are fool living in wnyright now that think Cuomo is the right choice. Yeah, keeping things the same has worked great for the past 40 years.
    Actually, what's pathetic is that those of you in the "Everything wrong with my life is the fault of the Democrats" camp, have such selectively short memories - and always seem to forget that we recently had a 12-year Republican Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Actually, what's pathetic is that those of you in the "Everything wrong with my life is the fault of the Democrats" camp, have such selectively short memories - and always seem to forget that we recently had a 12-year Republican Governor.
    Palidino is a republican in name only. But more importantly, he is an outsider, while Cuomo is about a deep of an Albany insider as one could possibly be.

So essentially the vote is an Outsider vs the Establishment. Either you are happy with the way things are right now or you want a change. It's that simple.

Palidino is a republican in name only. But more importantly, he is an outsider, while Cuomo is about a deep of an Albany insider as one could possibly be.

So essentially the vote is an Outsider vs the Establishment. Either you are happy with the way things are right now or you want a change. It's that simple.
    I was talking about the Republican Governor we had for 12 years, up until about 4 years ago.
    You do remember that, don't you?

Yes. Pataki was part of the establishment as well.

What did they interview 800 people living in Albany?

I guess this is good news for people like you content with the status cuomo.
    They interviewed 3 people, all in the Cuomo household. I wonder which Cuomo voted for paladino???
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

After all of us pathetic taxpayers leave NYS, you can then live in blissful squalor and you won't have to listen to us anymore. You'll only have to listen to the special interests who completely control your life.

I was talking about the Republican Governor we had for 12 years, up until about 4 years ago.
    You do remember that, don't you?
    that was then this is now

WHY IS "NOW" different? 1) now, GASB (government accounting standards) mandates, rather than recommend (NYS did not follow the recommendation until it was mandated) that government accounting practices include public pension costs on the books and not on a separate ledger, so that there is publicly acounting of all costs, and 2) Wall Street's "turn" makes this accounting mandate so much the more meaningful as its inclusion is in RED ink.

besides, Carl does not fit into a partisan box. he does not fit the tea party either. WNY had a tax revolt years (2005ish) before the tea partiers even started up.

Just curious, does anyone know if while Pataki was the governor, who had control of the house & senate in the state? I know this is a "blue state", so there's no way the senate & state house cooperated with Pataki, unless the Republicans did in fact control them? Did they??
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information