Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schmucky Craigslist Jobs: Cross Posting Thread

Cool Schmucky Craigslist Jobs: Cross Posting Thread

Okay guys, just for ****s and giggles... and a way to laugh at the recession, let's post any really out of the ordinary, weird, banal or just plain schmucky Craigslist job postings here.

Here's a start:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/sls/1937017354.html

Direct sales to area head and smoke shops! ( (All areas!))
    Date: 2010-09-04, 7:03PM EDT
    Reply to: job-pzq55-1937017354@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We need 3-5 energetic sharp people to market our proven high quality AROMATIC POTPOURRI incense products direct to your area head and smoke shops. Comm. plus bonus. We supply the samples and you supply the effort, proven market with high quality proven products.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/trd/1933912472.html

drywall guys
    Date: 2010-09-02, 10:39PM EDT
    Reply to: job-wzwk8-1933912472@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

we are a busy wny drywall company in need of expericenced reliable hangers and finishers for new homes.By experianced I mean you've done this for a living before not just your basement or attic.We have jobs lined up till next summer.If your interested,have tools and your own transportation (not mom or girlfriend) reply to this ad with your personal info,job experience and contact info and I'll get in touch with you
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fbh/1932921378.html

Female Bar Maids Bartenders needed for Oktoberfest on Sept. 25th! (Buffalo Central Terminal)
    Date: 2010-09-02, 1:01PM EDT
    Reply to: job-bqtew-1932921378@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

WANTED! Female Bar Maids to serve beer at the Buffalo Central Terminal's Oktoberfest Party on September 25th.

Description: You will be serving beer to patrons at the event in traditional German costumes.

Date and Time: September 25th. The event runs from 6pm to 11pm. You will be required to be there at 5:30pm and work until 11pm.

Requirements: Experienced bartenders are encouraged to apply. You will also be required to wear a authentic German costume (Provided by us if you do not own one). Here is a link to a picture example of what the costume may look like: http://www.buyoktoberfestcostumes.com/product/LA83311 (You will not be able to keep the costume. Sorry) You must be comfortable working in a german costume.

Payment: The CTRC is an all volunteer corporation but you will be able to collect and keep tips from patrons as payment. The nice you are, the more tips you can make! There should be 2000-4000 people in attendance so the opportunity is there to do well in tips.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 17TH!!! THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 8 SPOTS OPEN AND MORE INFO TO COME VIA EMAIL IF INTERESTED!!
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I actually feel kinda bad for this guy, can't tell if it's a joke or not.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/lgl/1940414332.html

I read craiglist adds way more than I should just to laugh. The help wanted adds are funny, the personals are even funnier. Personals make me laugh to begin with but on craigslist are 10x's funnier.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Okay, I'm not making fun of this person... I just think it's odd, but kind of cute.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/trd/1943169314.html

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    I actually feel kinda bad for this guy, can't tell if it's a joke or not.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/lgl/1940414332.html
    It must have been a joke because they flagged it for removal.

Oh the Craigslist lulz. I've seen a lot of those ads because I've been looking for jobs the last couple of weeks. The Orleans County letter writing thing really had me going WTF? He posted several of those.

I now have two jobs. One I got from a CL ad but it was completely legit and basically I just switched from one place I was working to another in the same "professional sales" type of business. The other I got as a referral from a friend. I'm a professional geek with a long list of credentials but even after throwing at least 40 applications and resume's out there the last few weeks, I came up empty-handed in that department. I'm now a sales slut/sales manager. Go figure. Quite frankly though, the money isn't far off from what a professional geek makes around here, if you can actually find that kind of job at all.
    Meow, baby

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    Oh the Craigslist lulz. I've seen a lot of those ads because I've been looking for jobs the last couple of weeks. The Orleans County letter writing thing really had me going WTF? He posted several of those.

I now have two jobs. One I got from a CL ad but it was completely legit and basically I just switched from one place I was working to another in the same "professional sales" type of business. The other I got as a referral from a friend. I'm a professional geek with a long list of credentials but even after throwing at least 40 applications and resume's out there the last few weeks, I came up empty-handed in that department. I'm now a sales slut/sales manager. Go figure. Quite frankly though, the money isn't far off from what a professional geek makes around here, if you can actually find that kind of job at all.
    Yeah, so far I am at between 12 to 15 apps sent out for everything from basic receptionist things, to customer service to things that do require "credentials." So far only two interviews and no job offers.

Ten years ago I was interviewed for and offered nearly every job I applied for, now the well has dried up. The economy sucks.

The other whack thing that people do is post their own "hire me" Craigslist ads. Those crack me up too, but my neighbor claims a friend of hers was offered several "serious" jobs from doing that. Still, seems risky to me.

But I might try it. How about this.

Hire me to be a part-time clapper!

I am an enthusiastic professional seeking a position as a part-time back up clapper for a band. I would like to break into the music industry however I don't know how to sing or play an instrument. I can however clap very well. I will come to shows with your band and clap along onstage. I will do this with great enthusiasm and guarantee that I will help entertain your audience.

Pay rate is negotiable. Please respond with inquiries. I look forward to working with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post

Hire me to be a part-time clapper!

I am an enthusiastic professional seeking a position as a part-time back up clapper for a band. I would like to break into the music industry however I don't know how to sing or play an instrument. I can however clap very well. I will come to shows with your band and clap along onstage. I will do this with great enthusiasm and guarantee that I will help entertain your audience.

Pay rate is negotiable. Please respond with inquiries. I look forward to working with you.
    This would work better in pro golf. Less effort for you, too.

SPELL CHECK ALERT! SPELL CHECK ALERT! SPELL CHECK ALERT!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fbh/1946192127.html

MIGHTY TACO – Crew Membere (WNY)
    Date: 2010-09-10, 8:35AM EDT
    Reply to: see below

NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

WE OFFER:

FLEXIBLE HOURS
    DISCOUNTED MEALS
    PAID VACATIONS
    MEDICAL BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE
    OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT
    M&T AT WORK
    WESTERN DIVISION FEDERAL CREDIT UNION MEMBERSHIPS
    SYSCO CASH & CARRY DISCOUNTS
    EXTENDED BJ’S MEMBERSHIPS
    DARIEN LAKE DISCOUNTED TICKETS

$8.00 / HOUR

REPLY TO THIS AD OR APPLY ONLINE AT www.mightytaco.com

Would a "Crew Membere" be a FRENCH version of a Mighty Taco employee?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/sls/1946234491.html

College Sprots Recruiter (Buffalo/Western NY region)
    Date: 2010-09-10, 9:12AM EDT
    Reply to: necprecruit@twcny.rr.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

If you have a passion for HS sports, enjoy going to sporting events, understand athletics, willing meet with families, and make money $$$$$ this might be for you.

We will train you, support and provide you with marketing materials. All you have to do is use our 14-year old system, make 5 phone calls a day and follow our program. If you do that you will make $$$. Company has been in business since 1994. We now have more than 80+ recruiter?s nationwide helping student-athletes achieve their dream of playing athletics in college. Some of our top recruiters generate $5-$10,000 a month in commissions. Company provides qualified leads. Opportunity to grow your own team.

Only those with a desire to succeed and work hard should respond. You MUST, MUST, MUST have previous sales experience, are creative, discipline to work on your own, willing to learn and must have an entrepreneurial spirit. YOU MUST WANT TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS AND BE WILLING TO MANAGE OTHER RECRUITERS. THIS IS NOT A JOB THIS IS A CAREER.

We will send you additional information.

TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE FORWARD US YOUR RESUME.

100% commission based upon performance. Income potential $50,000 to $100,000

I believe that "SPROTS" is like the Swedish version of sports, right? "BORK BORK BORK!" *Throws chicken in air.*

Last edited by Achbek1; September 10th, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/acc/1945745591.html

Bookeeper (Snyder,NY)
    Date: 2010-09-09, 8:56PM EDT
    Reply to: job-a4bvz-1945745591@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Sonoma Grille is looking for a Bookeeper.
    Experience in receivables, payables, payroll, daily sales reports. Must be proficient in Quick Book.
    Please send resume via e-mail to vcarriere@bijoucafe.org or fax (716)204-0278.

Meow, baby

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    http://buffalo.craigslist.org/acc/1945745591.html

Bookeeper (Snyder,NY)
    Date: 2010-09-09, 8:56PM EDT
    Reply to: job-a4bvz-1945745591@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Sonoma Grille is looking for a Bookeeper.
    Experience in receivables, payables, payroll, daily sales reports. Must be proficient in Quick Book.
    Please send resume via e-mail to vcarriere@bijoucafe.org or fax (716)204-0278.

Hahahahahahaha! Took me a while to get that one

Here's an opportunity!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/lab/1947095963.html

Canine Waste Cleanup (Lewiston/Niagara Falls)
    Date: 2010-09-10, 4:05PM EDT
    Reply to: job-tknfq-1947095963@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

K9 Lawn Pals is a canine waste cleanup service organization. We are looking for someone for our Lewiston and Niagara Falls accounts. If you are interested, email me with your job credentials and I'll get back to you.

* Compensation: $10/hour
    * This is a part-time job.
    * This is a contract job.
    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

What kind of "job credentials" are required to get a job cleaning up dog crap?
    Meow, baby

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information