Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schmucky Craigslist Jobs: Cross Posting Thread

My SOn got a job working for a local business delivering ice when he graduated from CDL school. He is 19 and green big time. He found this place on Craigslist, They worked him like a DOG he was there every morning at 8 AM and would work until 9-11 PM 6 nights a week, he was supposed to be paid time and a half for overtime wich would have made his paychecks pretty juicy. He wanted to save up alot of money for a new car and a trip he planss every Summer.. He worked for this place for 5 weeks and every single week he got paid for exactly 47 hours of work when he was working upwards of 70 hours or more. When he would go to his boss, he would get every excuse imaginable... "oh we'll fix that in your next check"... then the next week nothing was fixed on top of being screwed out of even more hours.. Then it got to the point of them saying he wasnt punching the clock correctly so thats why he was shorted money. It was one big BS story after another. As his Mom I called the Labor board and reported it , so they sent out a big form that has to be filledout and sent in with all your proof... all he had was his pay stubs, because the time clock was a palm print scanner so there were no paper time cards.
    He is young and learned a big lesson , i told him to leave there, and he is now working for a legitamate place. he makes a little less and doesnt get much overtime but at least he gets paid for the work he does. Hard lesson learned but a necessary one so I am told in the trucking and transportation industry.
    So much for craigslist, i guess you got to be careful of the kinds of employers who post there.

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    what kind of "job credentials" are required to get a job cleaning up dog crap?
    lmao!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    My SOn got a job working for a local business delivering ice when he graduated from CDL school. He is 19 and green big time. He found this place on Craigslist, They worked him like a DOG he was there every morning at 8 AM and would work until 9-11 PM 6 nights a week, he was supposed to be paid time and a half for overtime wich would have made his paychecks pretty juicy. He wanted to save up alot of money for a new car and a trip he planss every Summer.. He worked for this place for 5 weeks and every single week he got paid for exactly 47 hours of work when he was working upwards of 70 hours or more. When he would go to his boss, he would get every excuse imaginable... "oh we'll fix that in your next check"... then the next week nothing was fixed on top of being screwed out of even more hours.. Then it got to the point of them saying he wasnt punching the clock correctly so thats why he was shorted money. It was one big BS story after another. As his Mom I called the Labor board and reported it , so they sent out a big form that has to be filledout and sent in with all your proof... all he had was his pay stubs, because the time clock was a palm print scanner so there were no paper time cards.
    He is young and learned a big lesson , i told him to leave there, and he is now working for a legitamate place. he makes a little less and doesnt get much overtime but at least he gets paid for the work he does. Hard lesson learned but a necessary one so I am told in the trucking and transportation industry.
    So much for craigslist, i guess you got to be careful of the kinds of employers who post there.
    Yes, exactly. Some of these companies are fly by night, not legitimate places. Always do you research first!
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

What kind of "job credentials" are required to get a job cleaning up dog crap?
    I think you got to be able to recognize bull**** when you see it??? that way you know when its dog ****...

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if you love horses. My daughter worked in a barn for years in exchange for riding lessons. Now she's 20 and works with horses for a living in another state.
    Meow, baby

BARTENDERS WITH NO DRAMA! BARTENDERS WITH NO DRAMA! BARTENDERS WITH NO DRAMA!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fbh/2004954808.html

Server- Evenings /Weekends (Eagle House Restaurant, Williamsville)
    Date: 2010-10-13, 7:52PM EDT
    Reply to: job-snpqz-2004954808@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

looking for EXPERIENCED part time server, evenings/weekends/holidays. person applying should have great, out going personality without being over the top, need a worker not drama...experience with casual/fine dining..knowledge and understanding of cocktail service and bottled wine service. schedule for now will include 2-3 nights dinner floor part time with the opportunity to develop into full time if interested/ will train for lunch/ banquet/ hosting for ability to pick up additional shifts . restaurant is family owned for over three generations, environment is friendly, fast paced and nights not too late. serving position is long term, not seasonal, looking for an individual that is ready to work and leave the cell phone off. please apply in person, references helpful but not required.

* Compensation: standard + tips
    * This is a part-time job.
    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/fbh/1992711755.html

looking For Bartenders (Kenmore )
    Date: 2010-10-06, 6:25PM EDT
    Reply to: see below

Looking for Bartenders, with no Drama experience preferred with a following. Must be dependable if interested in working with a great team please give me a call at 716-602-4053 Joe
    Thank you

* Compensation: TBD
    * Phone calls about this job are ok.
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1992711755

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/sec/2027566488.html

Re: Mercs, Need your expertise (Amherst)
    Date: 2010-10-26, 8:44PM EDT
    Reply to: job-qvsza-2027566488@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

The Location:

General: Amherst, NY
    Specific: 50m south of the creek; further location details to be disclosed upon contract agreement

The Mark:

One - two small crickets nested in parts unknown of what we will call "Garage 897"

The objective:

Complete neutralization of aforementioned mark(s)

Hardware necessary:

Stock/modified push or sweeping broom
    Stock/modified fly swatter
    Stock/modified beast killer - recommend Raid or similar lethal propellant liquid

Rations to be provided:

Limitless tap water
    up to four (4) breaded chicken breast sandwiches with mayonnaise/hot sauce/mustard upon objective completion

* Compensation: See "Rations to be provided" section

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ret/2129766036.html

NEED AN ATTRACTIVE YOUNG GIRL FOR WHAREHOUSE CLEANING AND PACKING (BUFFALO /CHEEKTOWAGA)
    Date: 2010-12-26, 3:16PM EST
    Reply to: juan.bass@yahoo.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

plz contact with your picture and contact number we will call you.need a young sexy girl for wharehouse cleaning and packing

* Compensation: upon interview
    * Telecommuting is ok.
    * This is a part-time job.
    * Phone calls about this job are ok.

PostingID: 2129766036

You think the misspelling of "wharehouse" was intentional???

Cleaning and packing? There's some kinky stuff going on at that "wharehouse".
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    You think the misspelling of "wharehouse" was intentional???

Cleaning and packing? There's some kinky stuff going on at that "wharehouse".
    Here's a misspelling for ya:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/trd/2130463000.html

Drywall Finisher (Buffalo, NY )
    Date: 2010-12-27, 12:31AM EST
    Reply to: job-taycz-2130463000@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have three projects that I am seeking one qualified finisher.

You must be a finisher by trade - we are not seeking a no it all handyman.

Please send your resume and we will get in touch with you immediatley.

If You Have Not Worked for a Drywall Company Before - DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AD

Also, indicate your past experince or send a resume.

* Compensation: Depending on exp - 12-14 / hr

PostingID: 2130463000

What kind of "job credentials" are required to get a job cleaning up dog crap?
    you need to know **** from shinola!! lol

UNPROFESSIONAL composer / sound editor at your service (Buffalo)
    Date: 2011-01-17, 7:06PM EST
    Reply to: job-64pnv-2165790003@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi there. I know this is probably pointless. I have no resume. I don't suck corporate ****.

HOWEVER

One thing that I do have going on is an ability to work 24 / 7 on your project for VERY negotiable pay.
    I can also meet deadlines. I am punctual and professional if I like you.

I've gone to college for music composition. I can deconstruct and arrange / re - arrange any kind of music. I have access to a mac computer and experience with simple but effective programs / equipment.

I am the best cut - and - paste - er of audio material in town.
    I will charge less than any one else. guaranteed.

* Compensation: cheaper than anyone else

PostingID: 2165790003

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/tfr/2165790003.html

There seem to be a lot of job postings on Craigslist lately that must be scams because they indicate ridiculously high pay for run of the mill office jobs, etc. What do you think? Hmmmmm?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ofc/2176913107.html

Busy income tax office looking for person to fill part-time/seasonal position during upcoming tax time.NO computer skills necessary, NO income tax experience required.Persons interested MUST be very personable and friendly, mature, dependable, energetic, work well in fast paced environment, able to operate 4 phone lines efficiently, and file accurately.This position would start the week of January 3, 2011 for a couple days training, then Monday thru Friday from 2:30p.m. until close (usually 6:30p.m.-7:30p.m.). With possible every other Saturday schedule 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. This particular position will last into March maybe even April. But will NOT last longer than April 15.Please e-mail ASAP if interested in working with us.

* Compensation: $$$$35.33\hourE

PostingID: 2176913107

Yeah, REALLY? Very, very few jobs pay 35 dollars an hour in Buffalo, NY. WHERE do you see ANY kind of basic "no experience" office worker earning that much? I worry about these postings because I feel sorry for the people who take these things seriously and fall for apparent scam artists!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information