Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caetano running for Lancaster Councilman seat

Caetano running for Lancaster Councilman seat

In another thread Shortstuff indicated Patrick Caetano would be challenging incumbent Mark Aquino for the lone Councilman position up for vote in November.

Is this the same Patrick Caetano that opposed Supervisor Giza in a 2003 Democratic primary?

I remember writing the following in 2003 which helped explain his platform and convictions at that time:

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_510.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_538.shtml

Shortstuff suggested reading his current platform. Where can it be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    In another thread Shortstuff indicated Patrick Caetano would be challenging incumbent Mark Aquino for the lone Councilman position up for vote in November.

Is this the same Patrick Caetano that opposed Supervisor Giza in a 2003 Democratic primary?

I remember writing the following in 2003 which helped explain his platform and convictions at that time:

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_510.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_538.shtml

Shortstuff suggested reading his current platform. Where can it be found?
    Lee, we are working on getting his current platform out there and hitting the streets.

Thank you for putting this up here. Lancaster has a chance to get someone to challenge a Demo. We need a balance. I believe everyone agrees it is important about having a balance in government.

I remember Pat from his last run. He's an interesting dude.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    4248, let me get this straight, when you mention "they are running another one of their own as a challenger" are you referring to Caetano as a Dem in the past who was put up by the Dem's party to run as a Republican?

Hey 4248, are you seriously implying that Caetano who ran against Giza in a primary in 2003 and was a conservative is running on the Republican ticket as a shill/mole?

Are you telling me that Ralph Mohr, the Erie County Republican Commissioner of the Board of Elections, who handpicked Caetano to run as the Republican candidate to challenge Democratic incumbent Mark Aquino for the lone council member seat in Lancaster would stoop to such level? I am shocked, shocked I'll tell ya! What is politics coming to.

And you wonder why I remain an unaffiliated registered voter?

Some questions for you. Is Caetano still a conservative? If a Republican, when did he become one. What the hell is going on?

That is the million dollar question!

Hey 4248:

Still waiting for your reply as to whether you believe Caetano is a Republican plant/mole. And, how long has he been a registered Republican

As an unaffiliated registered voter (my entire life), who holds little regard for any of today's career politicians (regarless of Party) whose best interests are their interests, and who will vote against any incumbent from any party, my only interest is whether I should even consider voting for the Lancaster council seat available if the deck is stacked and he is nothing more than a RINO.

Please

I am sorry to say - R.More More More and his band of Repub retreads are just another acquired group.

If Mr.C was a Conservative - he is supported by J.C. Bella Vista.
    If he did primary Giza , he had to be one of Dem.

I realize your response is just a joke - but too many people are easily misinformed.

The only way the current Town Board will change is if they work out a "Incentive retirement Plan"

I hear their working on one for Simme ! ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by 4248:
    The only way the current Town Board will change is if they work out a "Incentive retirement Plan"

I hear their working on one for Simme ! ?
    I hope that last line was a joke.

Georgia L Schlager

So.....regardless of what 4248 says - is this guy a viable candidate?
    What's his story?

If the Republicans (or anyone ,for that matter, who is sick of the Dems) can't come up with a respectable warm body, then shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So.....regardless of what 4248 says - is this guy a viable candidate?
    What's his story?

If the Republicans (or anyone ,for that matter, who is sick of the Dems) can't come up with a respectable warm body, then shame on them.
    I'm working on it.

As far as Simme is concerned, more info to come....

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I am sorry to say - R.More More More and his band of Repub retreads are just another acquired group.

If Mr.C was a Conservative - he is supported by J.C. Bella Vista.
    If he did primary Giza , he had to be one of Dem.

I realize your response is just a joke - but too many people are easily misinformed.
    Hey 4248, if your response is intended for me, your answer is not clear, and no I was not joking.

What is taking place in the Republican Party at the moment is a joke and is the reason people are confused, not misinformed. You know damn well of what I speak.

Mr. Caetano was a Conservative in 2003. Mr. Cipolla was Chair of the Conservative Party at that time (I believe) at the time; and/or at least had a lot of influence. Are you saying that JC was instrumental in Caetano's run, when at the same time he needed Giza and Town support for the Wal-Mart project, or was this another political scam to team up and attack Cansdale? Ah, dirty politics in Lancaster.

Mohr has been known to attend Democratic Party meetings and events, playing both sides against the best interests of the community.

Which begs the question, is Caetano a viable candidate? A setup? A throwaway candidate? What gives, as we have heard nothing from the Reublican Party or the candidate himself. He hasn't canvassed the community for petition support, but was given a blank check. The Republican Party has already not accepted overtures from candidates who were RINO's.

What gives? Who is really playing us? It is crap like this that keeps the 25% nonaffiliated registered voters in Lancaster from wanting to get involved.

Hey 4248, if your response is intended for me, your answer is not clear, and no I was not joking.

What is taking place in the Republican Party at the moment is a joke and is the reason people are confused, not misinformed. You know damn well of what I speak.

Mr. Caetano was a Conservative in 2003. Mr. Cipolla was Chair of the Conservative Party at that time (I believe) at the time; and/or at least had a lot of influence. Are you saying that JC was instrumental in Caetano's run, when at the same time he needed Giza and Town support for the Wal-Mart project, or was this another political scam to team up and attack Cansdale? Ah, dirty politics in Lancaster.

Mohr has been known to attend Democratic Party meetings and events, playing both sides against the best interests of the community.

Which begs the question, is Caetano a viable candidate? A setup? A throwaway candidate? What gives, as we have heard nothing from the Reublican Party or the candidate himself. He hasn't canvassed the community for petition support, but was given a blank check. The Republican Party has already not accepted overtures from candidates who were RINO's.

What gives? Who is really playing us? It is crap like this that keeps the 25% nonaffiliated registered voters in Lancaster from wanting to get involved.
    Well Well Well~~~now that is a deep subject. Now that is a story Lee. Now if all that is what it is and we the Lancaster Taxpayer registered voters should stand up and get pretty knowledgeable on politics in Lancaster real quick! Because I for one do not like what is going on.

Registered voters have a say in how they want their government to represent them, we just need all registered voters to go out there and vote out the incumbents!!!!

Based on what I know:

1 Caetano is not a "hand-picked" candidate. The Republicans passed a petition for a specific candidate, who, after collecting enough petitions, dropped out. Based on personal experience, a list of potential candidates were drawn up and the people were asked. Some said no, Caetano said yes.

2. Caetano is not a "Bella Vista" candidate. To the best of my knowledge, no one from that organization is backing him. Mr. C. was not the Conservative party chairman. He was an officer, just can't remember. The current chairman is Mr. Abraham Sr., father of a current Democratic town board member.

3. Is Caetano a viable candidate. By himself, probably not. He needs people to back him.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    Based on what I know:

1 Caetano is not a "hand-picked" candidate. The Republicans passed a petition for a specific candidate, who, after collecting enough petitions, dropped out. Based on personal experience, a list of potential candidates were drawn up and the people were asked. Some said no, Caetano said yes.

2. Caetano is not a "Bella Vista" candidate. To the best of my knowledge, no one from that organization is backing him. Mr. C. was not the Conservative party chairman. He was an officer, just can't remember. The current chairman is Mr. Abraham Sr., father of a current Democratic town board member.

3. Is Caetano a viable candidate. By himself, probably not. He needs people to back him.
    Thanks for the feedback. However, regarding:

1. Isn't Caetano a late entry? His name was not bandied about when the original list came out.

2. That's good to hear that JC is not directly involved. If that were true Mr. Caetano would lose a lot of votes.

3. Until we see Mr. Caetano on the street or his campaign litterature, only you and a few select others will know how viable he is. Come on Republicans, get cracking.

Thanks for the feedback. However, regarding:

1. Isn't Caetano a late entry? His name was not bandied about when the original list came out.

2. That's good to hear that JC is not directly involved. If that were true Mr. Caetano would lose a lot of votes.

3. Until we see Mr. Caetano on the street or his campaign litterature, only you and a few select others will know how viable he is. Come on Republicans, get cracking.
    The original candidate was Brian Bish. The petitions were passed and he dropped out. That's all I really know.

There was a list of replacement candidates put together. Not sure how many names were on the list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information