Thread: BREAKING NEWS Blown engine idles taco truck

BREAKING NEWS Blown engine idles taco truck

What passes for news in Buffalo, is sometimes funny.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...l?ana=e_du_pub

Blown engine idles taco truck
    Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink

Where’s Lloyds?

That’s the question that’s being asked these days in downtown Buffalo about the mysterious disappearance of Lloyd’s taco truck, a mere two weeks after its debut.

The quick answer is a blown engine has temporarily put Lloyd’s into dry dock.

Peter Cimino, one of Lloyd’s owner, said he was driving to his downtown location at the corner of Main and Mohawk streets Monday morning when dark smoke started pouring out from underneath the hood. An emergency stop at his mechanic’s gave Cimino the bad news - the truck’s engine was blown.

“I’m not much of a mechanic or tech, so I don’t know technically what’s wrong, only that it is expensive,” Cimino said.

Cimino and his friends are holding a fund raiser on Friday night at 200 Amherst Street to help secure the necessary monies to repair the truck. Repair costs could top $8,000, Cimino said.

“Even if I have to beg for change on the corner, I will get the money,” Cimino said. “Rest assured, we will be back and hopefully by next week.”

Lloyd’s is downtown’s first street vendor to sell tacos and burritos. The truck has been greeted by long lines and happy customers since it debuted on July 28.

Downtown leaders hope Lloyd’s will serve as a template for other street vendors to sell food items other than hot dogs.

“The good news in all this is that we’ve been swamped with calls from people asking us to hurry back,” Cimino said.

Read more: Blown engine idles taco truck - Business First of Buffalo

24 views and know posts? I'm gonna have to post here out of respect for Rising.

Think of the chain reaction: if a guy doesn't get his tacos, how productive will he be? Or all the other workers who have to work hungry?

The whole system breaks down and no work will get done in Buffalo.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

THANK GOD ...for no coin op toilets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    24 views and know posts? I'm gonna have to post here out of respect for Rising.

Think of the chain reaction: if a guy doesn't get his tacos, how productive will he be? Or all the other workers who have to work hungry?

The whole system breaks down and no work will get done in Buffalo.
    .....at least the SEWER SYSTEM ..IN BUFFALO...will get a break!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So they bought the truck used? They started this up in July 28? I wonder when they purchased the truck.. they just start ed up in July.

Thread Information