Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could change one thing regarding this forum, what would it be?

If you could change one thing regarding this forum, what would it be?

The only thing I wish this forum had, was more community involvement...as in more people posting... instead we have a handful of posters out of tens of thousands of visitors
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    The only thing I wish this forum had, was more community involvement...as in more people posting... instead we have a handful of posters out of tens of thousands of visitors
    It's difficult to post here. Really. The forum is filled with such negativity, hate, and violence, it's amazing there are as many posters as there are.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

More cowbell.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

I used to post things but, I would immediatley get bombarded with ignorant, rude comments instead of having a discussion about what I posted. Now I will comment but rarely do I post anything. The sharks circle here. Its counterproductive and the threads that do "survive" are endless circles of the same statements and viewpoints ad nauseum.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well why don't you all discuss between yourselves what we should do with the people who have ******* attitudes... I do see it. I think it's stupid..It's a waste of time.

It's difficult to post here. Really. The forum is filled with such negativity, hate, and violence, it's amazing there are as many posters as there are.
    Then leave. You don't seem to have an issue posting according to your post count so it must not be that difficult.

Yea, but isn't the same argument made of talk radio, two or three percent call and the rest just listen. I pretty much just post here and in a job forum. You think I get crap here on immigration topics, you should hear it in my job forum. (grin)

The only thing I would change is I would put another menu bar (specifically the link for NEW POSTS on the bottom of the page as well as the top. I use NEW POSTS to navigate and on some of these long threads it is easier to scroll down than ALL THE WAY to the top.

b.b.

I wish there was an easy way to ban the whiners and complainers. Last time I checked, people are free to post if they want to.. or not.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    I wish there was an easy way to ban the whiners and complainers.
    Yea, but then what would you do with your time.....?

(grin)

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well why don't you all discuss between yourselves what we should do with the people who have ******* attitudes... I do see it. I think it's stupid..It's a waste of time.

Then leave. You don't seem to have an issue posting according to your post count so it must not be that difficult.
    I use to enjoy posting, and commenting however, the reason I don't much anymore is simply how WNY resident just responded to someone's post.

It is your attitude that has people leaving your forums.

tighter controlls

I would like to see threads kept on subject more. as I just said in the positives thread every thread seems to talk about the same things Taxes Politics and how stupid each person on the site is.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

nav bar on bottom

I agree a nav bar on the bottom would be great when you get done reading it would be much easier to just punch the nav bar instead of scrolling all the way to the top
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Yea, but isn't the same argument made of talk radio, two or three percent call and the rest just listen. I pretty much just post here and in a job forum. You think I get crap here on immigration topics, you should hear it in my job forum. (grin)

The only thing I would change is I would put another menu bar (specifically the link for NEW POSTS on the bottom of the page as well as the top. I use NEW POSTS to navigate and on some of these long threads it is easier to scroll down than ALL THE WAY to the top.

b.b.
    I'vn been procrastinating.... I will upgrade the forums to Vbull 4. There are more user options etc...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I use to enjoy posting, and commenting however, the reason I don't much anymore is simply how WNY resident just responded to someone's post.

It is your attitude that has people leaving your forums.

read this:

If it's so difficult why is this person making this comment while they are having no difficulty at all posting.

A start would be immediate, and succinct banning of people who use death threats to deal with opposing views...

Funny. So, I should just leave. That would leave, what? 14 posters here?

It's an emotional drain. I sometimes walk away from here for a few days to a few days because this place starts to give me a headache.

I also enjoy verbal sparring sessions. Most people do not, however.

read this:

If it's so difficult why is this person making this comment while they are having no difficulty at all posting.
    It's difficult for the average person 'Res, and you know damned well what I meant.

I'm an "oddball" of sorts who likes verbal sparring sessions. Keeps my wit up. Your run-of-the-mill person does not like to steep in negativity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information