Thread: "Temporary Police Order, No Parking" signs on Steinfeldt Rd.?

"Temporary Police Order, No Parking" signs on Steinfeldt Rd.?

Yesterday I noticed a bunch of small signs posted on the east side of Steinfeldt that read, "Temporary Police Order, No Parking". I couldn't find anything on Lancaster's website or google. Just wondering what the deal is?

Thanks,
    Dave

It's usually a race, parade, or maybe some road work that causes towns to put up temp parking bans.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbyapple View Post
    It's usually a race, parade, or maybe some road work that causes towns to put up temp parking bans.
    They just repaved Court St. Maybe Steinfeldt is next.
    Meow, baby

Thanks. The question was more out of curiousity but after reading alot of posts published on this site I can't help but wonder what Lancaster has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroDave View Post
    Thanks. The question was more out of curiousity but after reading alot of posts published on this site I can't help but wonder what Lancaster has planned.
    Scorched earth policy?

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroDave View Post
    Several years ago Supervisor Giza declared he wanted to build out the town like Chauncey Depew did for the Village of Depew. He is well on the way to doing that. Unfortunately, there are many that believe a lot of dumb growth has taken place by a town that has not provided the roads and infrastructure to accommodate for said growth.

At the same time valuable and functional wetlands have been destroyed and/or filled in which have resulted in many of the flooding and drainage issues that are now taking place. Then throw in the rezones and rezones of rezones that have negatively impacted the quality of life of many residents.

And as the town builds out (site plan approvals by the town), and when residents who build in those new subdivisions complain about tings that impact their quality of life, they are told "why did you move there, you should have know better."

So when you move to Lancaster, let it be known, "Buyer beware." Yes, you really need to do your homework. Oh, and if you moved next to a near defunct airport, but that airport later expands ten fold, you should still have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Several years ago Supervisor Giza declared he wanted to build out the town like Chauncey Depew did for the Village of Depew. He is well on the way to doing that. Unfortunately, there are many that believe a lot of dumb growth has taken place by a town that has not provided the roads and infrastructure to accommodate for said growth.

At the same time valuable and functional wetlands have been destroyed and/or filled in which have resulted in many of the flooding and drainage issues that are now taking place. Then throw in the rezones and rezones of rezones that have negatively impacted the quality of life of many residents.

And as the town builds out (site plan approvals by the town), and when residents who build in those new subdivisions complain about tings that impact their quality of life, they are told "why did you move there, you should have know better."

So when you move to Lancaster, let it be known, "Buyer beware." Yes, you really need to do your homework. Oh, and if you moved next to a near defunct airport, but that airport later expands ten fold, you should still have known better.
    Well said...I always enjoy reading your posts and articles. Although my wife and I are very happy with our home, I can't help but wonder if/when "the other shoe will drop". Hopefully never but you never know!

On a side note, it looks like the temporary signs have been removed.

Thanks,
    Dave

The signs are a result of a street sale permit being obtained by the residents. Lancaster requires a street sale permit for all street sales, and when one is granted, one side of the street has parking restricted starting 24 hours prior to the street sale. The signs are posted by Town Highway dept, and retrieved the day (or two) after the sale. Not sure exactly when the process was implemented but the intent is to reduce parking congestion to allow proper spacing for emergency vehicles in the event there is an emergency.

Thread Information