Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is unemployment free?

heres a thought, how about the govt can UE and SS, and allow us to manage our own money instead...

we go to work get a paycherck and before we can even cash it, the govt takes a chunk right off the top, as if we are 'paying the govt' to the PRIVELEGE to wrk.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

26 weeks

If I remember right only the first 26 weeks are covered by your employers unemployment tax everything over that is pure tax money given as a gift. I believe they are well over 100 weeks now. unheard of number of weeks until recently they might extend to 39 weeks or possibly 56 but never More then 56 now its double that. basically they have done this because their are less forms to process for unemployment then welfare and they can get you of unemployment by stopping the extensions. this way they can take care of people without creating more lifetime wellfare families
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

The first 26 weeks are paid for from the STATES UI funds, which are paid for by the private sector. The next 73 weeks (a total of 99 weeks) is paid for by US debt...
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unemployment is only supposed to be 26 weeks. The extensions going on now are only temporary because of the economy. Its not the norm
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

What government handout is only temporary?

The best intentions have the worst execution.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    What government handout is only temporary?

The best intentions have the worst execution.
    It has nothing to do with best intentions unless you are taiking about the best intention to get re-elected. These liberal progressive democratic knot heads just love to use our money for their re-election campaigns.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    It has nothing to do with best intentions unless you are taiking about the best intention to get re-elected. These liberal progressive democratic knot heads just love to use our money for their re-election campaigns.
    So, should 8.5% of the population just starve, then?
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    So, should 8.5% of the population just starve, then?
    No, they should help the rest of us stop Obama and his administration as well as the dunderhead liberal, progressive democrats in the House and Senate from destroying our economy and country. Plain and simple!

No, they should help the rest of us stop Obama and his administration as well as the dunderhead liberal, progressive democrats in the House and Senate from destroying our economy and country. Plain and simple!
    By starving?

Because, that's what would happen if we "stopped giving handouts" like Unemployment benefit extensions.

So, which group do you think are looking out for the people:

* The ones who want to continue benefits
    * The ones who just want to let them starve

And, the administration is not destroying our country, or our economy

Of course they would be doing that, but Obama buys them off by pandering to them and giving them free money for votes. This is the state of politics in 2010.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    By starving?

Because, that's what would happen if we "stopped giving handouts" like Unemployment benefit extensions.

* The ones who want to continue benefits
    * The ones who just want to let them starve

And, the administration is not destroying our country, or our economy
    Lets see... you lose your job and eventually reality hits. You need to sell your home.... your extra toys and move to something you can afford unless you want to burn threw your savings. How long do you think you should pay people for?

By starving?

If that is what it takes!!!

Their families, friends and churches should be allowed to look after them. I know that this is a hard saying for all liberal, progressives. You see I think that people should be responsible for their own lives first and then they should be willing to help their family, friends and churches. the government should have no part in this. The government only ends up hurting all these groups when they get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Lets see... you lose your job and eventually reality hits. You need to sell your home.... your extra toys and move to something you can afford unless you want to burn threw your savings. How long do you think you should pay people for?
    Exactly. I just did a search on monster. There are 768 jobs available in Buffalo right now. If you can't find a job within 2 years, then you aren't looking hard enough. People are just lazy and don't want to work, with a few exceptions.

http://jobsearch.monster.com/PowerSe...iles&tm=60&dv=
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    True. I would. But, eventually, when even that money runs out, should we let people starve, who through no real fault of their own lost their means?

If that is what it takes!!!
    What a good, wholesome, christian attitude
    Their families, friends and churches should be allowed to look after them. I know that this is a hard saying for all liberal, progressives. You see I think that people should be responsible for their own lives first and then they should be willing to help their family, friends and churches. the government should have no part in this. The government only ends up hurting all these groups when they get involved.
    What is the families, friends, and churches are all hurting too? Have you not seen the news where churches are being foreclosed on? 9.5% unemployment rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Exactly. I just did a search on monster. There are 768 jobs available in Buffalo right now. If you can't find a job within 2 years, then you aren't looking hard enough. People are just lazy and don't want to work, with a few exceptions.

http://jobsearch.monster.com/PowerSe...iles&tm=60&dv=
    Buffalo (NYS in general) has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. Some states are up to 12%.

So, in spite of our "Social programs" or due to our "social programs" NYS maintains a low unemployment rate.

What a good, wholesome, christian attitude
    You are completely correct here. Except that as a Christian I can solely rely on God to keep me employed or to take care of me when I need him! Even the birds in the field do not starve because God cares for them. How much more does he care for those that he loves and those that love him. Really, this is all to easy to figure out for those that seek after God.
    Last edited by mikenold; July 23rd, 2010 at 03:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information