Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rodent-resistant garbage totes to be rolled out

Maybe they're just too busy hauling load after load of tree debris from all over the Town. I have seen areas where they've picked up the debris and then residents put out more.

I'm not an efficiency expert but you seem to know everything steakolder, so why don't you calculate how long each of these tasks take, find out how many employees are working, factor in no overtime and let us know what you come up with. It may surprise you to find out that with the number of workers they have available they have accomplished a great deal.

Since you like expressing yourself so much, why not go to a Bored meeting and give them your opinion and suggestions on how to speed up the work. Maybe you can even suggest that since the new comptroller isn't doing all the work that the old comptroller did he probably has time on his hands and can deliver totes a couple of hours a day. Another approach would be to volunteer your services to the highway department and give them a hand. It would make you feel good and improve the quality of life in your neighborhood. Or get in your car and follow one of the trucks, video tape their progress and feel like a damn fool when you find out that they actually do work.

Delivery

The employees didn't make the distribution schedule, the "All knowing" made the schedule . They're the ones who should have made the deliveries. Can't you just see Shelly with sweat dripping from her furrowed brow as she struggles to handle a 95 gallon tote.
    dono

It's not my place to do the work that Town Of Amherst New York empllyees get paid for. Moses said the schedsule was to get the garbage pails delivered by Memorial Day 2007. He is a Town emp[loyee. I never heard of Shelly Schnartz creatihg a delivery schedule. The ohnly thing she should do is fire the failing empoloyees for not doing a good job.

And if there is a alledgedd good reason that they could not perform their duties as intended, they should have the good sense and honor to announce that they have fallen short and why they fell short and how they are going to fix the failure and what they will do dfifferently so that they do not repeat such a failure in the future. But they haven;t done any of that. They failed and are keeppi ng their mouth shut. That is childish behavior by the Amherst employees.

When will everyone have their Garbage Tot cans? Waht is the "new" story?

"Town officials hope to hand out all 34,000 of the totes by Memorial Day, Moses said."

Who exactly is MOses? How much does he get paid? Has he taken any days off sionce the distribution of the Toters started? Has he allowed any other time off since it started? Shouldn't the emnployees get their job done BEFORE taking time off?

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    It's not my place to do the work that Town Of Amherst New York empllyees get paid for. Moses said the schedsule was to get the garbage pails delivered by Memorial Day 2007. He is a Town emp[loyee. I never heard of Shelly Schnartz creatihg a delivery schedule. The ohnly thing she should do is fire the failing empoloyees for not doing a good job.

And if there is a alledgedd good reason that they could not perform their duties as intended, they should have the good sense and honor to announce that they have fallen short and why they fell short and how they are going to fix the failure and what they will do dfifferently so that they do not repeat such a failure in the future. But they haven;t done any of that. They failed and are keeppi ng their mouth shut. That is childish behavior by the Amherst employees.

"Town officials hope to hand out all 34,000 of the totes by Memorial Day, Moses said."

Who exactly is MOses? How much does he get paid? Has he taken any days off sionce the distribution of the Toters started? Has he allowed any other time off since it started? Shouldn't the emnployees get their job done BEFORE taking time off?
    No but you could take the time out and find out why they have not been delivered.

To help you, here are 2 url's for contact information.

http://www.amherst.ny.us/contact/contact.asp

Or a link to a PDF doc on department heads, phone #'s and e-mail addresses.

http://www.amherst.ny.us/pdf/tb/budget/c_contact.pdf

Let us know who Moses is.

Micheal

This is a quote: "Deliveries of the two-wheel, covered garbage containers will begin in rural north Amherst and move southward throughout May. Town officials hope to hand out all 34,000 of the totes by Memorial Day, Moses said. Amherst bought the totes, or rollout carts, with the proceeds of a $1.7 million bond in hopes of controlling a growing rat menace, especially along the town’s borders with Cheektowaga and Buffalo."

Town employees cannot even deliver totes according to a plan. Theyt are obviously incompentent to even accomplish a simple task like that! There is no excusae for failing a simple project like delivering garbage cans. Even worse they donm't even have the courtesy are professionalism to announce why they cannpt get the job done... or if it will ever be done. Amherst Town Governmenty e,mployees are utter failurs at jusdt about evertything they do. Isn't it a shame that they get full pay for failures.
    I bet they know how to use spell check.
    You can observe alot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra, Berra's Law

I don't understand what the problem is, I have had my tote and so have my neighbors for over three weeks............I'm happy with the service.
    You can observe alot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra, Berra's Law

Just for the record my totes showed up 2weeks ago. Yes I said totes. They gave me 2. but anyways, their 'ok' ya u can get alot in them and stuff, but I could use a 3rd. I wonder which town employee I have to buy beer for in order to get a 3rd can?

Anyways, I am in the North Union/Main street area, and I have been here for 25 yrs, and in that time, geuss how many rats I have seen? NONE not a single rat. I have seen a mouse, about 2 inches long.... is that considered a rat? I spend almost every day outside all day, and have yet to see a rat, I have spent many nights in my yard having a fire, and have yet to see a single rat. Since rats are so common in amherst, maybe one of you folks can snap a pic for me, since I have never seen an Amherst Rat.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD
    Just for the record my totes showed up 2weeks ago. Yes I said totes. They gave me 2. but anyways, their 'ok' ya u can get alot in them and stuff, but I could use a 3rd. I wonder which town employee I have to buy beer for in order to get a 3rd can?

Anyways, I am in the North Union/Main street area, and I have been here for 25 yrs, and in that time, geuss how many rats I have seen? NONE not a single rat. I have seen a mouse, about 2 inches long.... is that considered a rat? I spend almost every day outside all day, and have yet to see a rat, I have spent many nights in my yard having a fire, and have yet to see a single rat. Since rats are so common in amherst, maybe one of you folks can snap a pic for me, since I have never seen an Amherst Rat.
    Same goes for me in cheektowaga but on the other hand one of the guys I work with had a rat issue at his place. I think there is a rat issue in various parts of all areas. With that said why not just police the effected areas instead of having one plan for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by FMD
    I have never seen an Amherst Rat.

Go to Town Hall & look in the Supervisors office. I guarantee you'll see one!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Same goes for me in cheektowaga but on the other hand one of the guys I work with had a rat issue at his place. I think there is a rat issue in various parts of all areas. With that said why not just police the effected areas instead of having one plan for everyone?
    Better be careful. Isn't Bings on the Amherst/Cheektowaga border? There is one big fat rat that hangs out there. Also noted to shriek "On the question"!

Totes oh totes

We got our totes today! God I can put a month's worth of garbage in one of those things! Or the neighbors can get together and put our week's garbage in just one and that way the Gmen only have to make one stop. Or one of them can sustain Bing's for a week as it's vomitorem.
    dono

Quote Originally Posted by Dvoakley
    We got our totes today! one of them can sustain Bing's for a week as it's vomitorem.
    Naw...I think you'd need a couple! Ta-HEE-HEEE!!

this may sound like a 'dumb' question, but are these totes mine? or do i hafta share them with the town... meaning they can just take it at any time?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information