Thread: 264 Ridge Road, former Friendship House property

Post 264 Ridge Road, former Friendship House property

Any opinions on the former Friendship House properties new look?

What about the building?---Do you think it should be sold AS IS or should the City pay the $250,000 estimate they submitted to New York State to demo it?

It is 5 acres and right on Ridge---zoned Industrial.

Side Note: Did anyone notice they new fence going up next house between Redding Street( City Barn Street) and Hamilton address 3010 South Park Lackawanna, across from Colonial Chapel Funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Any opinions on the former Friendship House properties new look?

What about the building?---Do you think it should be sold AS IS or should the City pay the $250,000 estimate they submitted to New York State to demo it?

It is 5 acres and right on Ridge---zoned Industrial.

Side Note: Did anyone notice they new fence going up next house between Redding Street( City Barn Street) and Hamilton address 3010 South Park Lackawanna, across from Colonial Chapel Funeral?
    I been in there about 18 yrs ago and also the one on rt 5. Is it that bad that they have to tear it down and take it off of the tax rolls? Do they have a plan for the vacant land?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

5 more empty acres

so you free up 5 acres and when someone wants to build on it the infighting will start. no matter what is planned for the site it would take years to pay off enough people to get something built. LA. has many acres of empty industrial land why not fix the place up and build on the remaining acreage, or wow a new concept dont spent any money just sell the place as is.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

I say put city hall there.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I think that's a super idea!
    I think putting the police station there might help halt the crime I hear is problematic on the other end of the city.

Post Yupper!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I brought it up for years BUT the rest of the City Council would not even let me Finnish my sentences!

In the words our Lackawanna Director of Development and the Lackawanna Planning Board love to say, " It fits the footprint! " !

How about a petition drive?---Too bad City Hall spent close to $40,000 to a company already to do a study on the feasibility of a new building or to fix the orange crate.
    I think the old Friendship House property is a perfect fit!

FriendHouse Property

The property looks terrible right now, all the graffiti really stands out.
    I also think putting CITY HALL there is an excellent idea. And having police presence should deter much of the problems in the ward. I don't see it happening though, the politicians never go with the easiest or most cost effective answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyExp View Post
    I also think putting CITY HALL there is an excellent idea. And having police presence should deter much of the problems in the ward. I don't see it happening though, the politicians never go with the easiest or most cost effective answer.
    That is all it has is graffiti? It is still sound? foundation, structure, roof, plumbing,heating?

They spent $40,000 on a feasibility on a building? No one could come up with any ideas.. WOW..

They county spent $400,000 for a feasibility study for their few parks, golf courses and beaches and they stole all the ideas from the employees. that was a rip off.

The Town of Ton used the same company and spent $50,000 with the same company for the entire town..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyExp View Post
    Their answer will be: "No one will go there because of the crime." So it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The idea is to get rid of the rundown look . What a better way to do it than relocate city hall.Rip off the front of the orange crate and use that building for the city court and a new housing court that makes sure the city gets improved.
    Last edited by mnb811; July 21st, 2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: add

Thread Information