Thread: Lancaster Student Arrested After Rumored School Attack

Lancaster Student Arrested After Rumored School Attack

Lancaster Arrests Student After Columbine Rumors
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 06:24 AM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - Moving swiftly in response to rumors of a school attack on tomorrow's anniversary of the Columbine massacre, Lancaster police arrested a high school student, and he is in police custody.

Few other details were being made public Thursday morning.

School districts around the nation are being cautious as the anniversary of a the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado come the same week as a massacre at Virginia Tech University on Monday.

Lancaster officials say their district t will be safe Friday, and they've bolstered security on school grounds. For more, click the audio link above for a report from WBEN's Steve Cichon, with the school's superintendent.

Lancaster is not alone. In New Hampshire, schools will stay open Friday despite several threatening notes sent to teachers promising violence Friday. School officials are on alert and have issued a three-day ban on backpacks and purses starting Wednesday.

The Montgomery county school division outside of Washington DC was one of many which tried to reassure parents by sending home notes describing the close collaboration between the schools and local police.

Schools and universities across the United States rushed to beef up security in the wake of the massacre at Virginia Tech.

----------------------

There's more to this story. A source close to the story tells me the threat was against the Principal and there may have been more than one person involved.

Was just one individual arrested? Two high school students are talking of at least two arrests and two guns being confiscated.

Some of the kids are really shook up!

Lancaster High may want to keep this quiet for good reasons. However, the incident has made the professional media and it would be better if the school came clean instead of letting malicious rumors spread.

I'm still waiting for more info. I've heard more than one student but I can't verifiy that. There was a hit list that included the principal. The cops searched for weapons and found none. Apparently, they found drugs.

The arrest(s) was made Thursday night. A lot of kids stayed away from school Friday.

The good news. Nothing happened on Friday.

There was increased police presence in Depew Schools. My nephew said there were at least five officers in the schools. There were no reports of threats or problems in Depew and the kids felt better with the cops there. Again - Good news, bad happened.

Does this stuff happen in China?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Lightbulb Students reported threats !

Students reported the threats to authorities by signed statements.

One student has been arrested and expelled to date.

No know "Hit List" has been documented to date.

No "Guns or Drugs" documented to date.

We can only ask the students and parents to remain vigilant .

Don't repeat rumors and do report threats to school admin or authorities.
    -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248
    Students reported the threats to authorities by signed statements.

One student has been arrested and expelled to date.

No know "Hit List" has been documented to date.

No "Guns or Drugs" documented to date.

-
    Hey Bullitt, are those the same authorities that you previously slammed for (allegedly) "working a six hour shift" and "sitting in a closet" at the High School?!?

Sounds like they did a pretty damn good job to me...
    "And the bravest are surely those that have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it."
    - Thucidides

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbringer 88
    Hey Bullitt, are those the same authorities that you previously slammed for (allegedly) "working a six hour shift" and "sitting in a closet" at the High School?!?

No, I doubt it. The "six hour a day, overpaid, dangerous to others officer" was probably driving his "gas guzzling, luxury SUV" to New York City to participate in an "expensive, useless and pointless" conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4248

-

That was great!!! If only you would take your own advice!!!!!

Wink Yes - the same one !

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbringer 88

First as stated , "Students sent signed reports to the Admin."

The short shift worker - did do what he does best - react when lead !

I knew this guy who was a factory production worker - he was put on a very fast paced line - he had the correct coveralls (uniform) - safety boots and glasses - but he just couldn't keep up - even when he learned to parrot the factory guy talk - he kept falling behind the other workers - well management saw that this guy was a good "Team Player" just not suited for the "front line."

Well , sense he was "Well liked and well Connected" they found him a nice little office job . This way he could feel useful - he acted like a supervisor of sorts - when the real bosses wanted some one to go on the work floor to deliver a pep talk or because they (the bosses) didn't want to get their shoes dirty - they sent him in .

After all , he was a good team player and it made him feel useful and important to be able to appear to be an insider - while all along he was just carrying the water for the team ! The little office job was a safe place to stash him , kept him from interfering with the line work - and the bosses knew they had a cheer leader when they needed one !

How do rumors get started?

The authorities and those in know clam up, so people start talking to themselves.

In this case, they are clamming up because the perp is 14 and they don't want to inspire copycats.

The info in today's Bee is sketchy and inadequate.

I'm gonna get yelled at because I can't reveal my sources, but the info I printed wasn't based on rumor...

This whole process will be repeated in Depew, because...the high school was evacuated today. The students were sent to the middle school and that was locked down.

Why?

No one knows. It's not in the papers, on the radio, or on tv.

There's no information, so people will start talking and rumors will get spread.

But ,we got our Top Cop at the High School !

Drugs in the High School !

But ,we got our Top Cop at the High School !

I guess he was waiting for another "Anonymous" tip to come in from the students !

Wait a minute - even with our $60,000.00 a year Senior Officer at the High School -
    nobody told Supervisor Giza there was a problem ?

Lancaster's Supervisor said , " They kept it a secret."

Well OK , so I guess no-one can be held accountable then !

Thread Information