Thread: new driving range

new driving range

In the past there were internal thefts at the golf course in Amherst. With the opening of the new driving range does anyone know if there are things in place to provent thefts? Have the auditors reviewed the controls that should be in place? Is this a cash business or is it all operated by machines meaning you put money in a machine, the machine tracks what comes in, and the balls are automatically dispensed?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Excellent topic. What should be addressed is, what are the controls for these types of ventures in all our towns in WNY.

Doesn't NYS by now have "regulations" for how "government ran businesses" should be handled just like they have for the non-government business owner?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Excellent topic. What should be addressed is, what are the controls for these types of ventures in all our towns in WNY.

Doesn't NYS by now have "regulations" for how "government ran businesses" should be handled just like they have for the non-government business owner?
    Exactly. Government ran business though are anything but businesses. They are nothing but ways of distributing cash to friends of politicians.

Maybe i'm just a retard.....but I went to the driving range the other day and I couldn't figure out how to get the machine to work......so I just went to the Brighton driving range.

To get balls out of the machine I recommend........3 iron.

And don't forget, if you ever need to remove the rear window of a Cadillac Esplanade........9 iron.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Drove by the driving range recently during the week when kids are all out of school. There was no one using the range around 11 am on a very temperate day! How does this work into Marlette's and a certain Engineering dept employee's revenue average estimates.

What a complete waste of money. If we total up all of the expenditures, how much was spent? I think I can recall somewhere around $400,000 being spent if all of the piecemeal projects are added up. I'd love to see the spreadsheets on this one.

Driving Range Folly

The machine that takes dollar tokens doesn't work properly, to get a large basket of balls it takes 15 minutes to feed the coins if they go in at all. Half the range is closed because it aims directly into the 1st fairway. Just another great example of why we don't need government intruding into what normally is a private sector operation. Real amateurs gudzek and armstrong put this one over on the residents.

Thread Information