Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Walmart

Is the new Walmart a Superstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Albie View Post
    Is the new Walmart a Superstore.
    It was announced two years ago that the Transit-William Wal-Mart would be a supercenter.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed here before, but I thought that the William Street driveway was going to be across from the Flix driveway.

As it looks now, it seems like it will be impossible to make a left out of Flix onto William.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    It was announced two years ago that the Transit-William Wal-Mart would be a supercenter.
    So, does that still stand? or did the plans change?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    So, does that still stand? or did the plans change?
    It will be a supercenter and carry groceries. As the store at 152,000 square feet is not as large as some other Wal-Mart stores, its grocery line will be smaller.

Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been addressed here before, but I thought that the William Street driveway was going to be across from the Flix driveway.

As it looks now, it seems like it will be impossible to make a left out of Flix onto William.
    That plan went out the window a long time ago; a plan to relocate the Flix driveway to the west and align it across the Wal-Mart driveway.

81&3 of Florida, aka Bella Vista, aka Cipolla had an option to buy the property to the west of Flix (his property) and was going to build a three unit retail complex. He gave up on the project and so there is no plan to realign the Flix driveway. Kulbachs now owns that piec of property and for now ha no intent to build a driveway there - at least not until they develop the property.

So, you will have traffic accessing William from four driveways; from the Flix, the signalized Wal-Mart driveway, the Rite Aid/Aldi driveway and the Sunoco driveway. Neat, huh?

That section of William & Transit trying to get into the Flix, the Rite Aid, the gas station is a NIGHTMARE.

All I have to say is Lancaster should of known better!!!!! Right Giza & Co.? Or should I say, they don't know anything about it......it was the first time I heard about it........................

I want everyone to realize I'm just expressing my OPINION. They're not necessarily facts, it's just how I feel.

The other day, gourmand that I am, I went to Louie's for a couple-three slime dogs. Mmmm Mmmm good.

Personally, I can't stand driving in heavy traffic. (A personal idiosyncrasy) The traffic heading south was bumper to bumper in two lanes and the traffic going north was worse - in one lane.

While being held up in traffic, I examined the adjustments being made to Transit and William for Walmart. In my OPINION, they are inadequate. Because, here's a fact, like it or not, that Walmart is going to draw hundreds of customers daily. Yes, I said it, the store will be a success.

For all the traffic it will attract, single turn lanes on William will be inadequate. My GUESS is that William and Transit will become a nightmare.

I'm a guy. I don't shop. But I selfishly am upset because I'm going to think twice about driving thru that area to spend money at Louie's, Mighty Taco, Anderson's, etc.

I'm only one person. Hopefully, the increased traffic will draw other customers to these places to make up for my absence. But, since it's a Walmart, that may not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    I want everyone to realize I'm just expressing my OPINION. They're not necessarily facts, it's just how I feel.

The other day, gourmand that I am, I went to Louie's for a couple-three slime dogs. Mmmm Mmmm good.

Personally, I can't stand driving in heavy traffic. (A personal idiosyncrasy) The traffic heading south was bumper to bumper in two lanes and the traffic going north was worse - in one lane.

While being held up in traffic, I examined the adjustments being made to Transit and William for Walmart. In my OPINION, they are inadequate. Because, here's a fact, like it or not, that Walmart is going to draw hundreds of customers daily. Yes, I said it, the store will be a success.

For all the traffic it will attract, single turn lanes on William will be inadequate. My GUESS is that William and Transit will become a nightmare.

I'm a guy. I don't shop. But I selfishly am upset because I'm going to think twice about driving thru that area to spend money at Louie's, Mighty Taco, Anderson's, etc.

I'm only one person. Hopefully, the increased traffic will draw other customers to these places to make up for my absence. But, since it's a Walmart, that may not happen.
    A 24/7 supercenter Wal-Mart draws up to 10,000 daily customers.

So Louie's dog is good?

I don't like driving in heavy traffic either. I'll either avoid that area completely or try and go during off hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    So Louie's dog is good?
    I like Zorba's
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    I like Zorba's
    Still prefer Teds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Still prefer Teds.
    Ted's is good. I used to walk to Front Park and go to Ted's.
    Zorba's has good sauce.

Ted's used to be good. Then they changed their hotdog brand. I want to say that they used to be sahlens. Now it just tastes like an overpriced dog. Their onion rings are wonderful though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information