Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Decides When To Close Schools???

Who Decides When To Close Schools???

Well, if you have a puppet instead of a superintendent, and you're John Makeyenko, you just do a little poll on your Facebook page and see how many school employees (or family members of school employees) you can get to suck up to you!!!
    Thats how!!!!!!

John Makeyenko
    should the schools be closed tomorrow ?
    December 1 at 9:34pm via BlackBerry

Tammy Hanna-Pilarski likes this.
    o
    Debbie Rogers No question. Already bugged my aunt about that!! Seriously though, my husband just came back from the bank in Abbott Rd. plaza and said he can't see how it's possible for there to be school.
    December 1 at 9:35pm
    o
    Bobby Daley Your god daughter said yes !!!!!!
    December 1 at 9:36pm
    o
    Joseph Yannuzzi Kids today are soft. Suck it up and go to school. You live in freakin Buffalo for crying out loud, what did you expect? : )
    December 1 at 9:37pm
    o
    Dana Britton city should be able to plow the streets in 8 hrs.....depends on the weather later tonight......
    December 1 at 9:37pm
    o
    Debbie Rogers Dana- they said no let up until late tomorrow afternoon, that's the problem.
    December 1 at 9:38pm
    o
    Maura Dolan-Welch Yes!!!!
    December 1 at 9:39pm
    o
    Dana Britton That lightning has been pretty dangerous.......
    December 1 at 9:41pm · 1 personLoading...
    o
    Dan Friday Piatek when i was young, we would walk 2 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways.
    December 1 at 9:43pm · 2 peopleLoading...
    o
    Kelli Stotz-Spadone YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ♥ YOU!!
    December 1 at 9:48pm
    o
    Angela Pitillo McCaffrey Not a drop of snow in Boston! Really weird band!
    December 1 at 9:56pm
    o
    Dan Friday Piatek yeah. A friend of mine lives in the Village of Hamburg and they have a couple inches. Here in the town we almost have 2 feet.
    December 1 at 9:58pm
    o
    Kimberly Bukaty-Ristovski Dan did you do that in your bare feet ?
    December 1 at 9:59pm
    o
    Kimberly Bukaty-Ristovski Yes I worry about the small kids at the bus stops
    December 1 at 10:00pm
    o
    Dan Friday Piatek No, in our K-Mart Specials Sneakers
    December 1 at 10:01pm
    o
    Kim Girdlestone Pulinski YES!!!!
    December 1 at 10:02pm
    o
    Kim Girdlestone Pulinski Bus duty in thunder and lightning SUCKS!!!!
    December 1 at 10:03pm
    o
    Kimberly Bukaty-Ristovski You are special was it a blue light special
    December 1 at 10:03pm
    o
    Courtney Daley Pretty plz Uncle John, i wanna stay home with my mommy, daddy and Shu Shu baby. I love you, Emma Love Daley
    December 1 at 10:38pm · 1 personLoading...
    o
    Keri Chentfant YES!!! because i dont think i am going to be able to get out of my driveway
    December 1 at 10:40pm
    o
    Jessica Coccionitti Yes because Papa Ronnie will have my little one playing in this if I teach!
    December 1 at 10:52pm
    o
    Tammy Hanna-Pilarski DANIEL & HANNAH SAY
    "YES" :-) THEY TY
    MR. JOHN
    December 2 at 12:14am via Facebook Mobile
    o
    Kenneth D Friend i am gonna say yes john.the morning is gonna be a mess this snow is heavy slippery snow.things wont be going smooth first thing if it keeps up like this.
    December 2 at 12:20am
    o
    Dennis O'Hara In LA, they MIGHT be able to open MONDAY.
    December 2 at 1:13am · 1 personLoading...
    o
    Dana Britton Yes, too dangerous for the kids...
    December 2 at 1:54am
    o
    Dave Staniszewski With the fine job the maintenance crew is doing, that is the ones that actually work, should be no problem on our end, see if the streets are passable for the buses and that is very doubtful from what from what I see!
    December 2 at 6:38pm · 1 personLoading...
    o
    Dave Staniszewski Closed I say!
    December 2 at 6:39pm
    o
    Kenneth D Friend i have to agree mostly with the cheif you are absolutly right brother.
    December 2 at 8:09pm

You got to be kidding me. LOL I guess Korach can't make the decision cuz he lives in OP.

School Closing is the final decision of the School Superintendent!

Schools close because: the police advise the schools against traveling for safety issues, the bus company recognizes due to the weather, bus drivers may call off and no one can drive the buses, the road conditions/weather and wind are too poor for kids to wait in the streets, too many staff live outside the area and will call off because of travel bans or being unable to navigate the roads and the weather forecast may impact the whole day making it difficult for kids to get home once they arrive at school. Just a FEW reasons.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh yes, and there is NO such thing as "snow" days. We call them that in Buffalo but all schools (in all states) have "emergency" days. They are NOT meant to be used for anything more than an emergency....they are NOT built into the school calendar. When a school closes they lose federal aid (which is a lot of money) so these days give schools a little room for things that happen that are out of their control (no water, no electricity, flooding, inclement weather, etc.) When these days are used up schools have to start taking away other days (Professional Development, vacation etc.) to cover the required number of attendance days each year.

For some reason people think these days are to be used each year. They are NOT. Many school distrcts (like the Northern area of the city) rarely take any!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know your right literal but the guy (Makeyenko's) facebook page speaks for itself. Seems like he wants/thinks/has some influence on his superintendent. You know how Lackawanna is and works. Sad.

This last post made me laugh...OF COURSE the board PRESIDENT has influence over the Superintendent. The Superintendent works for the BOARD not the district! The Superintendent is the employee of the board and all district employees work for the Superientendent. That is EDUCATION LAW, not politics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From reading these posts it appears John already thinks he is the superintendent for Lackawanna and all the people connected to him do also. What's next.......running for Mayor John?

His wife says he is so.....look out.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    This last post made me laugh...OF COURSE the board PRESIDENT has influence over the Superintendent. The Superintendent works for the BOARD not the district! The Superintendent is the employee of the board and all district employees work for the Superientendent. That is EDUCATION LAW, not politics!
    I know that but seriously Mr. Micromanager has to have his paws in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    does his influence come in the form of a sucker punch??? Intimidation????

Naw probably an offer of a raise before Korach retires so he can pad his pension. Do as I say or ?? Seriously will anyone do anything other than what he says after what they did to Monica. Nope. Welcome to Lackawanna Puppet City USA!

Wow, jealous people!hahahahahahahahahahahahahha, some day, you might actually get it! No clue!

May be we should have called Dr.Willie and Pat Roach, who happen to have been your peeps! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaah, talk about puppets with no clue!!

Anyone got Vaseline?

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    May be we should have called Dr.Willie and Pat Roach, who happen to have been your peeps! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaah, talk about puppets with no clue!!
    Outsiders brought in for change are puppets really??? Your delusional. The real puppets are the ones the city controls so they can control jobs and never ever change and be accountable for anything . The new school board member yep, Friend yep, Woody yep, Korach yep, Miller yep and the list will take to long to keep typing.
    Furthermore other outsiders that worked for the district previously even said this district was quote " a joke" " a cluster___." "The state needs to take it over." "Never saw anything like it in all my years of educational expierence. I couldn't wait for them to find my replacement." There are many many more comments but I'll keep them to myself. If this came from people from outside this district with many years of expierence I will take their word for it over your bottom ranked political hack of a leader Makeyenko any second,minute and hour of the day!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information