Thread: R U kidding?

R U kidding?

One has to admire "sex sigma". He goes out and hires a new deputy county exec. who will remain on the payroll of his employer, an employer by the way whose taxes are set by the very county government he'll be administering and which sells millions of dollars a year of its product to the county. What could possibly go wrong with that! But wait it gets better. He's going to collect his county salary too because "the law" requires him to do so. Funny how "sex sigma" abides so willingly by the law when it benefits one of his country club buddies but ignores it ( and routinely loses lawsuits) when it doesn't. But wait there's more. He's going to donate his salary to charity...the one controlled by "sex sigma" and his wife! Isn't that cozy! Not to worry... they promise that he won't be involved in issues regarding his employer. This promise from an administation that has already had questions raised about whether it tried to direct county business to a company affiliated with "se sigma". I'd be worried about the propriety of this arrangement but it's been vetted and approved by the crack staff in the county attorney's office...the one that's lost just about every lawsuit and labor dispute involving this administration.

if it looks like crap and smells like crap, we don't have to taste it to know it is crap.

This is Disgusting not only for Collins but as well National Fuel. Im sending a letter to the NAtional Fuel today and to Shummers Office telling him to remember this the Next time NAtional Fuel wants to raise our rates.

Also now I know why its ok for Collins to allow County Supervisors to come to work when ever they want sign in for 9 and leave when they want and still put down what they want for OT...with out any punishment! By the way that isnt just a RUMMOR its a fact and I have proof to back it up !

I thought the County purchased its gas through an energy consortium, not from NFG. Am I wrong?
    I also thought HEAP was paid for through the state. Am I wrong again? It is still our tax dollars, but this person will not have much control over state programs.

What bothers me . . .

I've noticed that there are no details to Mr. Hart's employment contract with either National Fuel nor the County. Are we sure his salary is only that, and does not include a bonus or some type of stock option plan? If so, he could greatly benefit from his new position. That's not Kosher!

Unless my research is incorrect, National Fuel is one of the top five taxpayers in Erie County, and one of the top ten employers. Isn't it dangerous to place such a powerful and influential "customer" in such a County leadership position? I question Mr. Hart's loyalty to the County taxpayer at the expense of his "former" employer.

This is bad call for everyone in the County. Stop it now.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Let's look at a few facts.

1) National Fuel "loaned" the county one of their executives for a one year period.

2) This guy is highly respected in the business community and has incredible training in finance and operations.

3) If the county executive was Giambra, Keane or anyone else like we've had in the past, the Deputy County Executive would be addressing the County Executive as Uncle Joel or Uncle Jim.

4) The guy that you all referred to as being a loser and dummy, Al Hammonds, left the county to take a teaching post at UB. That doesn't exactly sound like a dummy to me.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Money buys loyalty!

National Fuel is STILL this guy's employer! Money buys loyalty! It's that simple. It doesn't matter how nice a person he is, or his education, or his training, or what another County Executive did, or what job someone else left to do - that's all smoke.

FACT - this guy is NOT a County employee. Why is he working in the Rath Building?
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    Let's look at a few facts.

1) National Fuel "loaned" the county one of their executives for a one year period.

2) This guy is highly respected in the business community and has incredible training in finance and operations.

3) If the county executive was Giambra, Keane or anyone else like we've had in the past, the Deputy County Executive would be addressing the County Executive as Uncle Joel or Uncle Jim.

4) The guy that you all referred to as being a loser and dummy, Al Hammonds, left the county to take a teaching post at UB. That doesn't exactly sound like a dummy to me.
    NFG didn't loan anybody anyone. They're still paying him and he's double dipping the county salary too. They keep talking about the credentials of everyone hired by "sex sigma" yet the county is still broke. That's right, broke. That $44 million surplus we keep hearing about is Obama $ that's offsetting county spending for medicaid and the feds have already told "sex" and the boys that it can't be used for plugging the budget. Hammonds came from UB to work as "sex sigma's" six sigma black belt, a stupid unnecessary position that cost the taxpayers a bundle. Now he's gone back to UB to help Homer Simpson finish sinking that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    NFG didn't loan anybody anyone. They're still paying him and he's double dipping the county salary too. They keep talking about the credentials of everyone hired by "sex sigma" yet the county is still broke. That's right, broke. That $44 million surplus we keep hearing about is Obama $ that's offsetting county spending for medicaid and the feds have already told "sex" and the boys that it can't be used for plugging the budget. Hammonds came from UB to work as "sex sigma's" six sigma black belt, a stupid unnecessary position that cost the taxpayers a bundle. Now he's gone back to UB to help Homer Simpson finish sinking that ship.
    Is there anything you're not grumpy about?
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    Is there anything you're not grumpy about?
    Yeah; I love the six sigma posters plastered all over the Rath Bldg. How many hundred k did we pay for that? Too bad there were no Steven Covey posters on discount.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Yeah; I love the six sigma posters plastered all over the Rath Bldg. How many hundred k did we pay for that? Too bad there were no Steven Covey posters on discount.
    You sound like a disgruntled county employee. If it's so bad working for the county, why don't you go someplace else?

We got off topic. Let's reconsider the facts:

We got off topic. Let's reconsider the facts:

1) This guy is being paid by National Fuel
    2) National Fuel is a major taxpayer

This still seems BAD and I see this as a mistake.

Thread Information