Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real Question: Is Jesus even real?!

The real Question: Is Jesus even real?!

This should stir up quite a debate!

First of all, I would like to point out some facts, and stuff, and opinions. Ill get this out of the way first so theres no confusion later on.

I am an Athiest I do not believe in god. I actually am beginning to think, religion as a whole should be abolished since nothing good ever comes from it.

Here is MY theory on religon. then you all can tell me I am crazy

Way back when, people were begining to colonize, and started forming small tribes, it became apparent that for people in general to live a productive life they needed more to believe in than themselves. So 'God' was created to fill that void.

Over the years, many different versions of this 'God' were spun off to fit each tribes own sets of rules and whatnot, guidelines for their lifes if you will.

Now. History has shown us, that Religon, in the past, has been a war starter. Empires have fallen impart because of religon (think Rome and Christianity) Countries have been wiped off the map because of conflicts between religous groups. Lets face it. Every religion on earth has a 'God' of one form or another. Different religons have different guidelines to follow to make their 'God' happy, but in the end, they all have a 'God'.

Yet people even after thousands of years, still can not get along even with religon. So, since religon is such a social divider in the world today, (Muslims and their holy war against the world) Maybe, instead of trying to promote our religon, christianity, we should just say to hell with it, since obviously it doesnt work. Religon divides people, it doesnt bring them together. No religon is better than any other, they all have their pluses and negatives. Its how far people are willing to go with those points determines what happens in history. Our problem we as Americans are facing today, is a growing number of Muslims who believe their religon is supreme to all others, and if you disagree, they cut your head off - literally. Now, you cant sit there and tell me oh its just a few bad apples. Its entire countries! Think Palistine, and Iran. Look at Iraq! (lets not go there) well actually, Lets go there. In that country you have a few ethnic groups all fighting over supreme power of the others. and its ALL religon based. Are you going to say that religon is good? Christianity was a major factor in the fall of the Roman Empire! The most technological civilisation of their time and for thousands of years there after!

The Problem here is religon in my eyes is starting to look 'bad' Since it is obvious to me, that religon doesnt bring people together, it sperates them. Much like less pigmented americans vs more pigmented americans. Its sad. And I dont think it will ever change... But think for a moment, look back over history.... Religon was a big part of almost every major conflict in human history... So you have to ask yourself, is it really worth all the trouble and suffering of millions of people fighting over whose 'god' is better?

My answer: NO.

Now, Please dont flame me, I really am a nice guy

Jesus is very real. He's been spoken of since the beginning of the Bible. The Bible spans 4,000 years. That's a pretty long time to keep up a lie. You are free, in The United States of America, to believe as you see fit. I cherish that right and anyone else that does the same should not flame you, but respect your view, even if they don't agree. It's what makes us a great nation.

Unregistered

Save your debate until after the Easter Holiday season, your being offensive to many

Save your debate until after the Easter Holiday season, your being offensive to many

unless of course you would like to start posting controversial messages during passedover and hananakkukka or controversial messages during ramada-don

hey if your not a believer or your an atheist...thats fine...but enciting such tactics during a religious holiday isnt much different than Hitler using his anti-religion prejudice and persection during Kristalnacht.

Well timmy, my intention was not to upset anyone, which I seem to be doing alot of lately...

Unregistered

FMD, you dont upset me in the least....so please dont mis-interpret

FMD, you dont upset me in the least....so please dont mis-interpret

Its just that there are alot...yes ALOT...of christ haters who like to pollute our two highest and most sacred seasons in one form or another.

Your welcome to say whatever you like...be as controversial as you like...and if people dont like it...well thats ok too. Its ok if christians defend themselves and its ok if one asks for proof....remember the apostle Thomas who refused to believe unless Jesus appeared and Thomas could actually touch his wounds.....earning him the name Doubting Thomas. There is nothing wrong with you asking for proof....I consider you just following in the path of Thomas....

Political correctness...is a form of liberal fascism...trying to control the argument by controlling the speech and the meaning of words.

My statement is simply to say that is atheists, jews, muslims expect religious respect and tolerance for their holidays....the same should extended to christians especially during Christmas and Easter.

FMD, your welcome to speak your mind...and I truly feel it comes from a place of opinion and not of disrespect in any way.

If the question is prescient, I don't see where time really matters.

I discussed who (if not where) made a historical record of the actual existence of a man named Jesus the Christ on the other thread. But I guess FMD is talking more about a God figure in general, than a controversial messiah-man.

To say that "nothing good ever comes/came from religion" is not only myopic, it's completely ignorant.

Yes, wars have been started over, and justified by, religion. Yes, it can be a dangerous "mind control" device when perverted and wielded by the wrong people. But let's go look at Catholic Charities here in Buffalo alone to see how many people were helped yesterday, or the day before. I know that a few years back they helped me incredibly with a very important family matter. The value went well beyond any monetary equivalent. This is just one example.

I won't discuss what having and cherishing a faith does for an individual, that's entirely too subjective. But I think we all know people who at least say they are inspired to great actions by their faith. At least in some instances, those people deserve to be taken at their word.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Hitler was Catholic. So please try to get your head out of the clouds.

FMD explained it perfectly. Although I would add that until the bleeding hearts learn how to use the miltary more effectively to get the muslims to slaughter themselves, we'll continue to need the christians to slaughter them for us.

One very important tactic to be aware of will be christians and bleeding heart atheists being fooled by muslims and being allowed to breed themselves into or culture. I would rather not rely on muslims to slaughter the christians in north america when its easy enough to continue to allow the FDA to continue to do what its already doing.

Its understandable that some people will find my post disturbing. The truth usually hurts. But if christians truely loved their religion and want to preserve it as a good way of life then they would do the rational and reasonable thing and try to get a better understanding of what it is and what is happening to it.

Click on "Islams war against the west" [on the left] - http://www.howardbloom.net/

http://www.sikhspectrum.com/112006/joe.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

unless of course you would like to start posting controversial messages during passedover and hananakkukka or controversial messages during ramada-don

hey if your not a believer or your an atheist...thats fine...but enciting such tactics during a religious holiday isnt much different than Hitler using his anti-religion prejudice and persection during Kristalnacht.
    Please grow up, timmy.
    If your faith is strong you wouldn't be rattled by FMD's question.
    Aside from all of the rights, including the first amendment, if you are strong in your faith, you would welcome this question.

I believe in the idea of a God, but not the same one that you seem to think of. I don't think HE looks like us, or sure doesn't have the same nitty gritty limitations which you seem to think is religion.
    I think of God as something much more organic and encompassing.

Speaker is right Timmy. If you get angery and bitter (and I have never met a kristian who doesnt) over someone debunking your faith or simply offering you sources of information to back up their facts, all your anger is, is jealousy.

Anger=Jealousy Its in your bible.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan_fettle
    ... But if christians truely loved their religion and want to preserve it as a good way of life then they would do the rational and reasonable thing and try to get a better understanding of what it is and what is happening to it.
    The same could be said of non-Christians and getting a better understanding. People fear what they don't understand and that fear is often projected as ridicule. Racism is a good example of this.
    I'm very secure in my beliefs. Nothing you can say will move me away from the love I have for Jesus Christ. I also understand where you are as I once believed as you. You have every right to do and believe as you see fit. I'm not your judge, I don't know your heart and it isn't me that you ultimately have to answer to.
    Therefore, it isn't your disagreeing with me that I find offensive, it's the smell of the poison and bitterness you exude in your posts that I find offensive.

Its because religion creates a consciousness that politics loves to monetarily capitalize on [persecution]. And when politics continues to take away all of our freedoms the instinctive question is, "fight or flight?". I choose fight. And you choose flight, which only leads to oppression.

The only thing more annoying than a non-Christian who thinks they know everything they need to about Christianity, is a Christian who thinks they know everything they need to about Christianity...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    The only thing more annoying than a non-Christian who thinks they know everything they need to about Christianity, is a Christian who thinks they know everything they need to about Christianity...
    This is true. I don't know everything, nor would purport to know everything. I know a lot more than I have, but I'll never know everything.
    Consider the following:
    Where is the purpose of God if we
    A) don't believe in Him
    or
    B) know everything there is to know about Christianity?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

...only took her 14 minutes to admit it too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    This is true. I don't know everything, nor would purport to know everything. I know a lot more than I have, but I'll never know everything.
    Consider the following:
    Where is the purpose of God if we
    A) don't believe in Him
    or
    B) know everything there is to know about Christianity?
    Science has already debunked the god theory. Start at the NASA website. I'll be praying for you. Luv ya. Call me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information