Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeyenko control equals disaster for your kids!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    oh please stop---your nose is growing by the second!

Except in my case --- the politicians attacked me personally and,
    1. " the city" spent over $25,000 of tax dollars in 2008 to come after me about my building. Drive around the city and look at all the buildings, especially the burned out one since 2003 on holland, a sweetheart deal is currently cooking for that one.

2. Bashing?!!?? Hahaha! Too funny! Am i missing something here?

I have tried 3x now to no avail to wave the white flag.
    At least all of us who try to help out of the goodness of our heart, say to you-----we are not responsible for the mess the city is in--you are!

So take credit where credit is due.

****the people ""like the people in office""****?? Try some are wannabees and others are fearful of their assessments, retaliation, and plain old sick of their lies and greed. They are the "silent majority" who are so turned off from the dirty poli-tricks that they do not even come out to vote.

Not only is your nose growing, you better make your doorways larger to fit your head through.

Insanity quotes

some are born mad. Some remain so. :d
    author: Samuel beckett

like men condemned to thunderbolts, who, ere the blow, become mere dolts.
    Author: Samuel butler (1)
    source: Hudibras (pt. Iii, canto ii, l. 565)

much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense the starkest madness. 'tis the majority in this, as all, prevails assent, and you are sane; demur,--you're straightway dangerous, and handled with a chain.
    Author: Emily dickinson
    (1891 ed.)

for those whom god to ruin has designed he fits for fate, and first destroys their mind.
    author: John dryden

there is a pleasure, sure, in being mad, which none but madmen know!
    Author: John dryden

insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Author: John dryden

the alleged power to charm down insanity, or ferocity in beasts, is a power behind the eye.
    Author: Ralph waldo emerson
    source: Essays--conduct of life--of behaviour

but the devil when he purports any evil against man, first perverts his mind. [lat., at daemon, homini quum struit aliquid malum, pervertit illi primitus mentem suam.]
    author: Euripides

but when fate destines one to ruin it begins by blinding the eyes of his understanding.
    i, i, i, i, i, i, i,

Post The TRUTH!

political machine

In U.S. politics, a political organization that controls enough votes to maintain political and administrative control of its community. The rapid growth of cities in the 19th century created huge problems for city governments, which were often poorly organized and unable to provide services. Enterprising politicians were able to win support by offering favours, including patronage jobs and housing, in exchange for votes. Though machines often helped to restructure city governments to the benefit of their constituents, they just as often resulted in poorer service (when jobs were doled out as political rewards), corruption (when contracts or concessions were awarded in return for kickbacks), and aggravation of racial or ethnic hostilities (when the machine did not reflect the city's diversity). Reforms, suburban flight, and a more mobile population with fewer ties to city neighbourhoods have weakened machine politics. Famous machines include those of William Magear Tweed (New York), James Michael Curley (Boston), Thomas Pendergast (Kansas City, Mo.), and Richard J. Daley (Chicago). See also civil service.

For more information on political machine, visit Britannica.com. Britannica Concise Encyclopedia. Copyright © 1994-2008 Encyclopędia Britannica, Inc.

The $1,000,000 question is: Who is the real boss hog in Lackawanna?

The ones on the front lines are not the brightest bulb on the string---they take the hits, and walk around like a peacock with the power they think they have, BUT....

I know how it works and that is why I am politically black-balled, "Because I won't PLAY BALL with the crooks who have raped OUR good City of the money that should have been spent on the City and things for the People who live in it." I fight for THE PEOPLE and the politicians fight me/us.

Knowledge is Power! Power is Knowledge---We KNOW, they Pow!

Who is the Director, it is not John John, they just use him for the battles because that is the level he plays on.

Post May God Bless My/Our Enemies....I mean it, Enough

The Armor of God

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritually Dressed For Success
    Pr 20:18 (NIV) Make plans by seeking advice; if you wage war, obtain guidance.

The purpose of this Bible Study is to consider and meditate on the Scriptural meaning of each piece of the armor of God, so that we might stand firm in the battles of life.
    Eph 6:10-17 (NIV) ...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

No matter what the outcome tomorrow, God has a plan. I just put my Armour on and show up.
    I bless my enemies and ask mercy for your hard-hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    ]
    He can run on his record as a board member, he did last year and won, get over it!
    He is the problem. His record of threats and intimidation is on record. The only reason why he won was his cronies and friends voted him in. 3 percent turnout whooppiiie!!! Have this thing in November he'd get his ass kicked to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    You idiots sit here and bash every elected official in this city. There is one thing you forget, the majority of the public non political persons like these people. How the hell do you think they got in office you idiot! Go ahead and keep offending everyone, that works well when trying to win an election!
    1 day left of this non sense, then you can move on to bashing the next election!
    Intimidation!!!!

In fairness to the person here who has his own thread....

I have never known John to be in any way hurtful to children. When it came to the needs of the "kids" in the district, I NEVER met with his resistance. Let's be clear on that. He would move mountains to get votes to help kids.

Now as far as staff and political stuff....that may be different. That is business that was handled very differently and of course, too heavily handed politics. In the end, we all have to live with our own conscience.

It has always been my HOPE that things will change... I will NOT give up on that hope!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real fair to his OWN children.......

Divorced father of two? Ummmmm, he has THREE children. Easy to forget about the first born? How fair is that?????

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    Real fair to his OWN children.......

Divorced father of two? Ummmmm, he has THREE children. Easy to forget about the first born? How fair is that?????
    It wasn't long ago that John showed me a picture of his son in Florida. He had that picture on the bulletin board in his office. He WAS proud to show and share. I also know he visits etc.

John has re-married his second wife. Whatever their life, THEIR BUSINESS!!!!
    John may have his faults (like ALL of us) but he certainly has good things too!
    It's no fun always focusing on what's wrong with everyone......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By the way Johns first son lives here in Lackawanna!

Still does NOT explain his ignorance............

LACKAWANNA

Candidates: (Elect 2) Lisa Friend, 1,320; Ronald Miller, 1,225; Laurent Swanson, 899; Catherine Panczkowski, 785.

Budget: $44 million, up 4.22 percent. Yes, 1,301; no, 784.

Smile We Won Too--by not winning WE still won!

Cath, when did you say we are going to have our Victory party?

I know God pulled you and Laurent out of the den for a reason, we must trust him.

This is not meant to offend anyone at all, I truly wish everyone well and pray they will help Lackawanna Schools pull up.

Did "I" say Party? "I'll" bring the green bean casserole---no sorry, I burned it at Christmas, I'll bring the cheese.

Gee, I hear Congratulations are in order for John Makeyenko who was voted in Board President. Carl Morgan is back as attorney.........WOW!!!!!
    Annette Iafallo survived as board clerk...now that is some amazing politics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Isn't Makeyenko they very person who came after you as Superintendent? WOW---you aren't kidding.....amazing politics????? Talk about a bunch of sellouts!! You people disgust me. What the hell ever happened to integrity in your city??? Think that left when the Steel Plant closed! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    Isn't Makeyenko they very person who came after you as Superintendent? WOW---you aren't kidding.....amazing politics????? Talk about a bunch of sellouts!! You people disgust me. What the hell ever happened to integrity in your city??? Think that left when the Steel Plant closed! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!
    And your point is what? All I said is the FACT he was (1) ELECTED (voted in by his community), (2) VOTED IN AS PRESIDENT and (3) WAS GIVEN CONTROL by his fellow board memebrs. Is any of that incorrect? I was not there to vote but if I was, yes, I would have voted for him. Did I say he was perfect? Shall I "HATE" him because of what was in 2000? That would be stupid! I have no bitterness. I only have to ACCOUNT for ME, no one else.

I hope he uses his power for GOOD. Yes, I DO BELIEVE he is capable of that....and, I wish him the BEST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information