Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Jesus's Tomb?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Is This Jesus's Tomb?

There were two types of fame on display at the press conference Monday morning in a grand, sky-lit room at the back of the New York Public library. There was director James Cameron, towering like a a six foot-plus druidic monolith in a dark jacket and black turtleneck. And there was a light tan limestone box about two feet long lying on a table in front of Cameron — which the Titanic director was presenting as the burial box of Jesus Christ. All things being equal, we know who would be the bigger draw. (It was John Lennon who said he was bigger than Jesus, not Cameron, right?) But all things were not equal. Those in the room knew that Cameron was provably authentic. The other guy? Much more problematic.
    Related

Titanic Claim: Jesus Still Dead

Director James Cameron announces a documentary that he believes will shake the underpinnings of Christianity

Cameron (acting as producer), biblical film documentarian Simcha Jacobovici and a handful of their expert consultants were at the Library to publicize Jacobovici's The Jesus Family Tomb, which will run this Sunday on the Discovery Channel, and a HarperSanfrancisco book of the same name. Their claim is that there was indeed a Jesus family tomb in what is now suburban Jerusalem: and that the two bone boxes on the table in front of them, exported from Israel, had contained the remains of Jesus and Mary Magdalene, whom the filmmakers assert was Jesus's wife and the mother of a son named Judah. Meet the Jesuses! Cameron told the press that when Jacobovici, who has been working on the project for years, laid it out for him in detail, he thought, "I'm not a biblical scholar, but it seemed pretty darned compelling." He added, "I said, this is the biggest achaeology story of the century. And I still believe that to be true."
    Full Story Time.com

Propaganda. Hoax.
    Statistics show that Jesus sells and this claim has clearly been made for profit. A highly compelling assertation that will make money despite it's transparency.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But what if you see the film and the facts add up? Would you discount it even without seeing what they have to say?

Post Fyi

February 26, 2007

JESUS’ TOMB DISCOVERY IS TITANIC FRAUD

“Titanic” director James Cameron and TV-director Simcha Jacobovici are claiming they have evidence of a Jerusalem tomb that allegedly houses the remains of Jesus and his family. Commenting on this is Catholic League president Bill Donohue:

“Not a Lenten season goes by without some author or TV program seeking to cast doubt on the divinity of Jesus and/or the Resurrection. Last April, NBC’s ‘Dateline’ featured the wholly discredited and downright laughable claims of Michael Baigent, and two years ago ABC treated us to a special that questioned every aspect of the Resurrection. Now we have the Cameron-Jacobovici thesis.

“Israeli archeologist Amos Kloner was in charge of the 1980 investigation of the tomb that Cameron-Jacobovici have seized on 27 years later to make their allegations. ‘The claim that the burial site has been found is not based on any proof, and is only an attempt to sell,’ Kloner says. He adds, ‘I refute all claims and efforts to waken a renewed interest in the findings. With all due respect, they are not archeologists.’ Indeed, Kloner has branded their claims ‘impossible’ and ‘nonsense.’ Moreover, he says there is ‘no likelihood’ that Jesus and his relatives had a family tomb. ‘It makes a great story for a TV film,’ he concludes.

“Joe Zias, who spent a quarter-century as an archeologist at the Rockefeller University in Jerusalem, said that ‘Simcha has no credibility whatsoever.’ Zias isn’t shooting from the hip: Jacobovici’s credibility explodes when one considers that he still believes the 2002 tale about an ossuary with the inscription, ‘James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.’ On June 18, 2003, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) condemned this claim as a modern forgery—this was the unanimous decision of a 15-member IAA committee. Agreeing with this decision were Harvard’s Frank Cross and Tel Aviv University professor Edward Greenstein.

“The Discovery Channel aired the 2002 hoax and now it’s back with the Titanic fraud. It’s time the Discovery Channel discovered ethics and stopped with the sensationalism.”
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

OH, I'll watch anything to do with this subject but this story looks like it isn't even as good as the "Code". The resurrection of Christ is a bedrock of the Christian faith and so this film would be a challenge to Christians.
    It doesn't do any harm to ponder on the "what if"s?

hum

This is old, old, old very old news.........just because its james camron doing the flim for discovery is the news...he's from Niagara Falls you know.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I remember a few years ago they showed a new tv documentary with "proof" that we never landed on the moon.

If the only people pushing it are television programmers then I wouldn't put too much credit in the content...

Three key points.

1. The names weren't all that uncommon at the time.

2. There have been literally thousands of hustlers trying to make a quick buck (shekel?) off of the Jesus movement since, well probably since the weekend after they crucified our Lord.

3. Jesus ascended corporeally into heaven. There are no remains to be discovered.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

We are not a bunch of fundamentalists and the important thing is faith.
    Faith in the goodness of man, the sanctity of life. There are a lot of challenges at this time, and a lot of bad people, but movies are just entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    But what if you see the film and the facts add up? Would you discount it even without seeing what they have to say?
    If they present "facts", do you expect me to take them as such? FoxNews reports the facts, too.
    The manipulated evidence they'll offer will be convincing enough to appear as facts to those who have recently fallen off the watermelon truck to turn a large profit.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    This is old, old, old very old news.........just because its james camron doing the flim for discovery is the news...he's from Niagara Falls you know.
    Cameron is very lucky that Christianity is a reasonably forgiving faith. Had he claimed to have found Mohammed's tomb or the original Koran in Mohammed's handwriting, every Moslim from here to hell and back would be screaming for his head on a spike.
    As to the veracity of his claims, I think he's full of scheit, but that's just me.

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I remember a few years ago they showed a new tv documentary with "proof" that we never landed on the moon.

If the only people pushing it are television programmers then I wouldn't put too much credit in the content...
    You wouldn't know the name of the moon documentary do you? I have looked for it for quite a while and can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomac
    Cameron is very lucky that Christianity is a reasonably forgiving faith. Had he claimed to have found Mohammed's tomb or the original Koran in Mohammed's handwriting, every Moslim from here to hell and back would be screaming for his head on a spike.
    As to the veracity of his claims, I think he's full of scheit, but that's just me.

That's pretty funny, and absolutely true.
    That's also why the only religion that is fair game to bash is Christianity. Until a couple of bible thumpers get a case of red ass and mobilize, they'll continue to be the whipping boy. Christians need to butch up and start some beheadings if they want to get an street cred...

I think they're the same people who really believe there was no holocaust. They think it's all b---s--- job. It takes all kinds.

If the tomb were true, it would be a lot more likely story than the one we are told. I would welcome that. Too much is un-scientific these days as far as religion is based. Do I believe in Jesus? Sure, do I treat Him as my Savior? Sure...but do I think he ACTUALLY changed water to wine? COME ON! Do I actually think Mary was a virgin? HAHA...no way. This would contradict too much!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information