Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totes

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Totes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnybillsfan
    Looks like Satish Mohan got caught trying to avoid the bidding process, Dan Ward has a resolution directing him to comply with the law:

RESOLVED the Amherst Town Board hereby authorizes and directs the Senior Refuse Officer to prepare and issue an RFP for the purchase of large plastic-like waste refuse containers (so-called "Totes"), such purchase for the residents of the Town of Amherst to be paid for by the proceeds of a bond issue, to include the following characteristics and specifications,

Well, as I see that you have been too lazy to actually get the facts, and do not wish to know the truth, but would rather spread inuendos (sp).

Here is the truth.

I called the Refuse department (716) 631 - 7119 and talked to Joan.

She informed me that the Town put out bids on September 20, 2006.

The winner (and also the lowest) was a company by the name of Rehrig. The same as was mentioned in a previous post.

She does not know what the Dan Ward resolution is about.

So, stop being sa fri*** a** and do a little homework.

You make yourself look more and more rediculous by not investigating things first.

Of course maybe you jut like to look the fools part in the long run.

Micheal
    Micheal, can you get a copy of the bid? WOuld be fun to see what we can find on the internet for totes compared to what the local businesses quote for them.

Unregistered
    Quote:
    Looks like Satish Mohan got caught trying to avoid the bidding process, Dan Ward has a resolution directing him to comply with the law:

RESOLVED the Amherst Town Board hereby authorizes and directs the Senior Refuse Officer to prepare and issue an RFP for the purchase of large plastic-like waste refuse containers (so-called "Totes"), such purchase for the residents of the Town of Amherst to be paid for by the proceeds of a bond issue, to include the following characteristics and specifications

There must be some problem with the bid for the totes otherwise why would Dan Ward submit this resolution, nowhere on Satish's resolution does it indicate that the company is the lowest bidder. And why wouldn't the Refuse department be aware of a resolution which obviously impacts their department, sound like Satish has a bigtime communication problem!

I guess if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sleuth
    a strategy you seem to embrace

wnybillsfan

Satish Mohan is a Poor Communicator

Looks like serious internal communication problems exist within Satish's Town Government:

1. a department (Refuse Department) lacking information about a resolution that directly relates to the operation of the department, and

2. a councilmember (Dan Ward) submitting a resolution that is in conflict with the Supervisor's (Satish's) resolution.

In the private sector the CEO (Satish) would be fired, but in government we are stuck holding our noses for another three years, and are stuck with our taxes going up!!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Micheal, can you get a copy of the bid? WOuld be fun to see what we can find on the internet for totes compared to what the local businesses quote for them.
    Sorry, I am out of town working. I took the time to make the long distance call.

Try calling, the number is in the post, and ask if the bid is available to the public, or see if you can get the info for the bid.

I would assume, and it is only an assumption, that local companiesa would have been available to bid on this if they wanted to.

Micheal

Quote Originally Posted by wnybillsfan
    Looks like serious internal communication problems exist within Satish's Town Government:
    I talked to one persaon in the department. I did not say that she ran the department, nor did I ask. I just asked her name when I called the department to make sure I could document the call. She was very helpful to me.

Nowhere did the previos posts say that Dan Wards resolution was passed, only that he presented one. WHat was the outcome of his resolution b=y the way.?

1. a department (Refuse Department) lacking information about a resolution that directly relates to the operation of the department, and
    As I stated above, if she is not the department head, why should she know about Dan Wards resolution, and you are assuming it was passed. I do not know if it was passed, if it wasn't then the dept does not care.

The way the dept runs does not reflect directly on the supervisor, but does bring up a potential problem in the department. I would look at the dept head before blaiming Satish.

[QUOUTE]2. a councilmember (Dan Ward) submitting a resolution that is in conflict with the Supervisor's (Satish's) resolution.[/QUOTE]

As if that hasen't happened before. It has happened many times in the past that one member of the board presentas a resolution contraticting another. Just watch the filmed board meetings. Gtreat but sad comedy.

In the private sector the CEO (Satish) would be fired, but in government we are stuck holding our noses for another three years, and are stuck with our taxes going up!!
    I am going to assume taht you do not know much about the private sector, or you would not have made the above statement.

In the provate sector there would not be these problems, because those throwing up road blocks would be FIRED. There would also be much more accountablity by the town employees and management of the town.

In some cases, the board of directors would and could be replaced, as has happened to many a company.

Micheal

Stevenco

Who's Christine?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by wnybillsfan

2. a councilmember (Dan Ward) submitting a resolution that is in conflict with the Supervisor's (Satish's) resolution.

The Refuse Department reports directly to to the Supervisor, I shudder to think of the gross mismanagement under Satish Mohan's misdirection. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Refuse Department reports directly to to the Supervisor, I shudder to think of the gross mismanagement under Satish Mohan's misdirection. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Again, before you complain about the terrible communications, the following questions need to be answered.

1. What is the status of the resolution from Dan Ward?? Was it passed, tabled, or did it fail??

2. Again, it is up to the department head to assign or take care of a passed resaolution. If he takes care of it himself, or if he assigns it to someone, the others in the department have no need ot know about it, or the status of it. They have other jobs to do.

Note: I did not ask, when I called, who the department head was, and to speak to that person.

I do not see how at this point you can put any blame onto Satish, when you can not even answer the above questions.

Micheal

Refuse Control

Mr. Joseph:

The Refuse Officer for the Town of Amherst is Len Fiegl (only for a short period of time - he's retiring because he can no longer work effectively or efficiently with the Supervisor - information that I got directly from Len). The Refuse Officer is not a Department Head, per se, but reports directly to the Supervisor.

Len has been working on the tote deal for months but his efforts have been thwarted along the way by the Supervisor's interference and micro-management of the process. I do not know who is responsible for the current tote bid that is being put to the Town Board by Mohan.

Ward's resolution is for Monday's meeting and has not been acted upon yet. Ward did not run his resolution by Len, the Supervisor, or anyone else - he never does. It is in direct conflict with Mohan's resolution as Ward is asking Fiegl to do what has already been done. This type of inattention to detail on the part of Ward is not a new phenomenon - just look at his other resolutions and his past work that languishes on "Old Business". Dan just likes to "stir things up".

The people who blindly support Mohan have never had personal dealings with him. Anyone who has, quickly loses any allegiance or loyalty that they might have felt for the man. His time will come.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote:

RESOLVED the Amherst Town Board hereby authorizes and directs the Senior Refuse Officer to prepare and issue an RFP for the purchase of large plastic-like waste refuse containers (so-called "Totes"), such purchase for the residents of the Town of Amherst to be paid for by the proceeds of a bond issue, to include the following characteristics and specifications

There must be some problem with the bid for the totes otherwise why would Dan Ward submit this resolution, nowhere on Satish's resolution does it indicate that the company is the lowest bidder. And why wouldn't the Refuse department be aware of a resolution which obviously impacts their department, sound like Satish has a bigtime communication problem!

Maybe dan ward wants to look like he's doing something. Plus remember satish is more of an outsider than the standard democratic party member. Dan ward's brother works for the board of elections and both are loyal party members. They will do anything to make sure the "democrats" stay in control.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Maybe dan ward wants to look like he's doing something. Plus remember satish is more of an outsider than the standard democratic party member. Dan ward's brother works for the board of elections and both are loyal party members. They will do anything to make sure the "democrats" stay in control.
    What? The Republicans have the majority in Amherst, that is the party of Satish Mohan. As far as I know the Democrats have never had any control in Amherst. There currently are five Republicans and only two Democrats on the Amherst Town Board.

According to a recent article in the Buffalo News Satish Mohan is a major player in the Amherst Republican Party, hardly would I call that an
    "outsider". I also should add that the Amhest Republican Party is funded by special interests.

Satish has become a political insider. And it's business as usual in Amherst - one-sided government. At least when Grelick was there, there were some checks and balances.

One of the reasons Satish won't even look into eliminating the lifetime health benefits is because he wants to protect his Republican cronies who will get them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What? The Republicans have the majority in Amherst, that is the party of Satish Mohan. As far as I know the Democrats have never had any control in Amherst. There currently are five Republicans and only two Democrats on the Amherst Town Board.

According to a recent article in the Buffalo News Satish Mohan is a major player in the Amherst Republican Party, hardly would I call that an
    "outsider". I also should add that the Amhest Republican Party is funded by special interests.

Satish has become a political insider. And it's business as usual in Amherst - one-sided government. At least when Grelick was there, there were some checks and balances.

One of the reasons Satish won't even look into eliminating the lifetime health benefits is because he wants to protect his Republican cronies who will get them.

I'm refering to dan ward not amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie '70
    Len has been working on the tote deal for months but his efforts have been thwarted along the way by the Supervisor's interference and micro-management of the process.
    Your friend Lenny must be quite a failure at getting the job done. He's been working for months? MONTH? To but plastic garbage cans? Sounds like he must be taking effectiveness lessons from other politicians and former board members that didn't get reelected.

MONTHS to buy garbage cans. Now there's someone that should be canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie '70
    Who's Christine?
    I'm still trying to figure that out.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information