Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontier CSD

Frontier CSD

I hear our old buddy Ford is runnning for the school board, good luck if he gets voted in...

Seriously?

I have a great campaign slogan...not right for his own children, definitely wrong for yours! Just throwing my opinion out there, maybe it will stick, TO A BILLBOARD!!

I seen it in the Frontier News looks like a a real nut case his picture.Talks about taxes,but Frontier has a 0% tax increase he can't read I suppose.I would think both incumbents will be re-elected with a 0% tax increase.The other 3 candidatesalso may want to think twice with a 0% tax increase.But for real nice job by this Board,with all the other districts I seen in the paper in bad shape.

This is what happens when people who don't know runs for a board and makes empty promises.
    1. you can't compare public education with private. Private schools can kick you out and then you go to public..Public schools have to educate you by law..NCLB
    2. He is talking about a 2-4% raise when they said no raise in taxes.
    3. He states that frontier is not in the "top" 25 school, i think he is refering to Buisness first.. If he had half of a brain in his head he would know that buisness first only looks at 1 thing test scores.. I will do his homework for him..
    Frontier is in good standing making AYP in all areas, all their regents tests scores are over 90% for levels 3&4, and for a majority of the test scores they are testing 50%+ in level 4 (that is real good) the only weakness i saw was in HS for math B. Their graduation rate is 98%, so only 2 percent not graduating in june.. I say june because these figures do not include kids who graduate in summer school, so if another percent graduted in summer that does not reflect in these number and cannot be used by buisness first.

Looking at the scores frontier is doing pretty well, yes there is room for improvement but his whole sales pitch was just what he did on here ramble about things he didn't know about..All this coming from a guy who got his kids taken away because he was considered an unfit parent who was arrested for harrasing a family member, and i believe he had a restaning order against him from contacting them.. real winner.. Why don't the news look into his background i bet they could have a pretty good story here..

If you want a good laugh, check out his webste/blog:

http://hamburgfirst.wordpress.com/20...-school-board/

Nothing says "I'm a quality candidate" like a personal website filled with misspelling, horrific grammar and inaccuracies all laced with profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Applesack View Post

Nothing says "I'm a quality candidate" like a personal website filled with misspelling, horrific grammar and inaccuracies all laced with profanity.

They also ignore or tend to forget down to the penny how much more it costs to educate people in the ####hole state.

I'd like to see him get elected just because he's promising to blog about all the issues the board faces! Sort of a direct link to the happenings we wouldnt otherwise hear or read about.

And even if his grammar ain't perfect, I can still understand him well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    I'd like to see him get elected just because he's promising to blog about all the issues the board faces! Sort of a direct link to the happenings we wouldnt otherwise hear or read about.

And even if his grammar ain't perfect, I can still understand him well enough.
    A skewed direct link. If you want to know what's going on, go to the meeting yourself.

A skewed direct link. If you want to know what's going on, go to the meeting yourself.
    Point taken

Besides, I have another candidate in mind. We can cast two votes, each for a 5yr term. But if you understand ballot counts, voting for only one candidate is sorta like giving them two votes.

What is funny is that he doesn't know how to look at the report cards, he thinks he know what he is talking about..

Ok here you go frontier has an 83% graduation rate, https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb-rc...1604060008.pdf page 11, it says 83%, and i said 98%.. So who is correct..

well if we look and the other report for the same year, https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb-rc...1604060008.pdf page #7, is says 98% of students receiving a regents diploma..

So here you go, graduation rate only accounts for students who pass all regents by the end of june, so if you have kids who go to summer school or another year or half year of high school they are not included in the grauation rate. They are put into the high school completers, which is everyone who graduated from that year's cohort (2004 for this information).

Example, if you had a freshman class of 100 kids from 2004, and in 4 years 83 kids passed all their regents in june then you have a graduation rate of 83%, say 15 other kids go to summer school and pass then you still have a graduation rate of 83% but a completion rate of 98%, which is basically the graduation rate but it took those kids a little longer.

I had some time tonight so I went to Meet the Candidates night.(I wanted to see this Ford dude) Well this is how I seen it,Larry Albert,Martin Lalka very good.Ted Casey seemed lost,went with the flow.Pat Boyle was ok,but blew one big question.Nick Hoffman I felt sorry for,young man barking up the wrong tree,Ford open mouth insert foot.

why is everyone here so upset at the fact this guy is running for school board? I listened to him last night and he is promising to vote no on any tax increase in the future. That is exactly what people want. I thought he did well.

Well did you hear all the people laugh,at the one when he said about 24 students play sports in the high school.Where did Mr. Beckwith get that number from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburg Voter ll View Post
    Well did you hear all the people laugh,at the one when he said about 24 students play sports in the high school.Where did Mr. Beckwith get that number from.
    So is that why you don't like him? Because he said something that made you laugh? What about any ideas or facts he lists? What about promising to vote no on tax increases in the future?

It seems you have a vendetta against him. Why is that? What is the root of your hate and discontent?

All I'm saying is that his ideas make sense and people like you want to knock him down for a silly comment instead of the substance of his argument. It makes you look petty, kinda like what you call him.

I have no problem with him,just said he is funny.He talked about taxes,I will take that 0% that Frontier has given to it's taxpayers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information