Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how does one raise a hotel on school property?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    The sale of such property shall be without the approval of the qualified voters of the school district, unless a petition requiring that the question as to the sale of such property be submitted to a vote by the qualified voters of such district.
    but what if it's a property not put up for public vote?

The law didn't address "what if" so you should probably call the school board and ask them! They are the ones that voted for the resolution to sell the property and finalized all the paperwork for the sale. I'm guessing you don't just want to know though, you want to try to hammer Paladino.

For the record, I'm not a Paladino supporter (yet), but so far no one has convinced me not to be, so carry on!!

Quote Originally Posted by bflo_resident1 View Post
    it was public school property sold by a town to a developer with no bids.
    It was not sold by the Town it was sold by the WS School District. The Town Board granted a rezoning of the land from residential to commercial: http://www.westseneca.net/bdmin06/mi060802spec.html

This rezoning was unanimously approved by those in attendance:

Paul T. Clark Supervisor
    Vincent J. Graber Jr. Councilman
    Craig J. Hicks Councilman
    Christina Wleklinski Bove Councilman

Absent - Christopher F. Osmanski Councilma
    Last edited by dtwarren; May 5th, 2010 at 06:51 AM.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

but what if it's a property not put up for public vote?
    Then it is the people who chose not to have a public vote, if the people wanted a public vote they needed to petition for it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    you want to try to hammer Paladino.
    and your "sssshhhhhh" comment on the first page wouldn't happen to be you trying to hammer me, now would it?

Unregistered
    were there no bids?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Then it is the people who chose not to have a public vote, if the people wanted a public vote they needed to petition for it.
    was the original intent to sell the property made public? the notes you linked was about rezoning once the property had been sold.

Unregistered
    For the record, I'm not a Paladino supporter (yet), but so far no one has convinced me not to be, so carry on!!
    do you think less than 6 months after a rezoning meeting that $9,000 made in contributions to the supervisor from the ellicott development address wasn't some kind of a thank you from paladino to (p) clark?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    and your "sssshhhhhh" comment on the first page wouldn't happen to be you trying to hammer me, now would it?
    WHen someone lies about someone for political reasons and political reasons alone expect to get hammered for it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    do you think less than 6 months after a rezoning meeting that $9,000 made in contributions to the supervisor from the ellicott development address wasn't some kind of a thank you from paladino to (p) clark?
    All I know is he knows how to play the game and knows where the bull**** must exist... Exactly what we need compared to more status quo.

DTWarren? Was everything done "technically" legal on that plot of land?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    All I know is he knows how to play the game and knows where the bull**** must exist... Exactly what we need compared to more status quo.

DTWarren? Was everything done "technically" legal on that plot of land?
    They story that we all just read - large political donation ($9k IS large) in exchange for a rezone - is exactly the kind of thing you're always railing against. I've seen you correct people who call it a donation - saying it's a bribe, instead.

But when it's Carl, you wave it off, saying he "knows how to play the game." And, then you go on to say that he's exactly what we need - instead of the status quo!

Guess what - he is the ****ing epitome, of the status quo! Yet, all he has to do is pretend to be an "outsider", and you believe him?

He is so entrenched in government that it's not even funny.

You're right about one thing -- he does know how to play the game. And, personally, I don't fault him one bit for that. Until he comes out, and pretends to be against the same game that he's been mastering for years.

Res - you're a smart man. And, if you've been fooled by this bull ****, then I'm sure a lot of other people have, as well. Maybe I was wrong all along -- maybe, Carl does have a chance.

Not any more suspicious than, say, Kennedy getting contributions from unions before or after sponsoring legislation that favors them. Did the other council members get the same contribution or was Clark the sole voter and sole recipient? As far as I know there could be lots of reasons for someone legally contributing to someone else's campaign fund. Just because something COULD be true, doesn't prove it is true. Unless you are making an accusation?

Actually I was making fun of UnionCop and myself, but as it turned out, we weren't so ignorant after all. Had I said I thought you were one of the most ignorant or dense posters, THAT would have been an example of me hammering you. But that's not what I said.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    They story that we all just read - large political donation ($9k IS large) in exchange for a rezone - is exactly the kind of thing you're always railing against. I've seen you correct people who call it a donation - saying it's a bribe, instead.

But when it's Carl, you wave it off, saying he "knows how to play the game." And, then you go on to say that he's exactly what we need - instead of the status quo!

Guess what - he is the ****ing epitome, of the status quo! Yet, all he has to do is pretend to be an "outsider", and you believe him?

You're right about one thing -- he does know how to play the game. And, personally, I don't fault him one bit for that. Until he comes out, and pretends to be against the same game that he's been mastering for years.

Res - you're a smart man. And, if you've been fooled by this bull ****, then I'm sure a lot of other people have, as well. Maybe I was wrong all along -- maybe, Carl does have a chance.
    excellent points all the way around!

it was even written:
    expect to get hammered for it

Unregistered
    As far as I know there could be lots of reasons for someone legally contributing to someone else's campaign fund.
    less than 6 months after a rezoning meeting involving property paladino owns $9,000 in donations were made to friends of paul clark from the same address used by ellicott development. all of the donations (being discussed) happened within days of each other. if it were a one-time $100 to a dinner fundraiser it would probably be overlooked very easily, $9,000 is a different story.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

Sure is. I totally agree with you. I don't like it but technically it happens so we need to deal with it. I'd prefer to at least know we have someone from WNY who might pull some contracts into WNY versus another part of NYS. Wouldn't it be nice if he could steer 100,000,000 worth of rentals into properties in Buffalo? ALl those people eating at local buffalo restaurants? Maybe people moving from Albany filling up condos as fast as they could be rehabbed? Maybe even move some operations in Albany to Buffalo.

NOOOOOOOO.... no waving off at all. I don't like IDA tax breaks just to move a business from one area in WNY to another either. I won't waver on that. We need someone who knows the game well in order to stop the game wouldn't you agree?

YOU GOT IT... Your learning.... he knows where the BS is..I hope he's a bastard right to the core and doesn't take crap from no one. No matter how you want to frame it he has taken properties no one wanted and put them back to use in the CIty of buffalo. He's probably no different but I would rather see building's reused versus some lame ass developer who uses IDA incentives to just shuffle businesses around Erie County so they can make some money. We all get a tax break or no one does.

Nope I don't believe what he says but I believe even less the people who the controlling political party has put forward.

Knows where the BS is.

Y
    ou can't fault him for the same exact thing any other developer would do. At least he worked in buffalo versus moving people from buffalo to farmland in the burbs at our expense.

At least we know what we are working with. Not once have I said he's a saint. We currently have real issues in Albany that effect the non-government laborer/non-government business owner. I want to send a complete bastard in. EVEN if it's a freak show for the next 4 years.

Anyways... once he's elected he'll be so focused on I'm sure bflo_res will follow him along like a hawk.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information