Thread: Lcdc/lmha

Lcdc/lmha

The Lackawanna Community Development Corporation and the Lackawanna Municiple Housing Association are two of the biggest non-profits in the city. What accountility do we have for these non-profits who control all housing and community development initiatives in the city? What agendas/goals have they developed and what projects have they undertaken to improve the quality of life in the city? With the horrific desicion to exterminate the development department in the city what role does the planning board play in policy development?

Lackawanna Housing

On a recent trip home from the City of Buffalo, I decided to drive down the snowfilled streets of the first ward. I wanted to take in the houing stock of the first ward and just take a look at what types of housing the first ward has to offer. The vast majority of housing is the 2.5 story wood frame with a small front yard and tiny driveway. The homes are old, very large, and falling apart and some even vacant. From reading the latet census data. I found that the first ward has many low-income/middle-low-income families. Ironically the satelite dishes were scattered everywhere. Homes are not kept-up, as long as we have our dish.

In my travel through the first ward I began to think about the Lackawanna Municiple Housing Authority. Even through the controversy and conflict I am not sure this group has done very much for housing stock in lackawanna. I know of the various home ownsership programs they run. I think using HOPE VI as a best case model from even the City of Buffalo's projects (west side) we can begin to transform the appearance of the city.

LMHA isn't meant to develop private homes. It is for providing housing inthe form of apartments (Seniors, "Projects").

I stand corrected sir thank you for sharing the information. I guess we must turn to the city government!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gork315
    I stand corrected sir thank you for sharing the information. I guess we must turn to the city government!?
    That would be funny

Since the City employs a Development Director who is also the elected supervisor (and obviously resident) of the Town of Boston, good luck with any housing initiatives. Any grants, incentives, etc. would likely end up further south.

Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gork315
    On a recent trip home from the City of Buffalo, I decided to drive down the snowfilled streets of the first ward. I wanted to take in the houing stock of the first ward and just take a look at what types of housing the first ward has to offer. The vast majority of housing is the 2.5 story wood frame with a small front yard and tiny driveway. The homes are old, very large, and falling apart and some even vacant. From reading the latet census data. I found that the first ward has many low-income/middle-low-income families. Ironically the satelite dishes were scattered everywhere. Homes are not kept-up, as long as we have our dish.

In my travel through the first ward I began to think about the Lackawanna Municiple Housing Authority. Even through the controversy and conflict I am not sure this group has done very much for housing stock in lackawanna. I know of the various home ownsership programs they run. I think using HOPE VI as a best case model from even the City of Buffalo's projects (west side) we can begin to transform the appearance of the city.
    Of course they have dishes... That way they can get native language programming.

One thing I can say about ppl from the first ward..(middle eastern), they showed up at school functions more than other ethnic groups.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Also

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor
    LMHA isn't meant to develop private homes. It is for providing housing inthe form of apartments (Seniors, "Projects").
    The LCDC handles the distribution of grants..

Its all a scam... Why should gubment be in the housing business??
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

There seems to be a conflict of interest per the Hatch Act

Being a Empire Zone Director taking a salary from Government funding
    and a Elected Town Supervisor taking another salary from the Town.

Makes you wonder...if there is a good development initiative, where does it go??? To the taxpayers paying his salary in Boston, or to the taxpayers paying his salary in Lackawanna??

Doesn't matter for long, word about town is that he is lookin for a big job with Keane for Co. Exec.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonPolitics
    There seems to be a conflict of interest per the Hatch Act

Being a Empire Zone Director taking a salary from Government funding
    and a Elected Town Supervisor taking another salary from the Town.

unfortunately the Hatch Act only deals with federal money. Empire Zones are state funded.

Well I have done some research and Eagan is in charge of Empire Zone but that department also receives federal monies for brown site development and RC tax benefits that are federal benefits.

So yes he is in violation of the Hatch Act

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Anyone know what type of crime and punishment breaking the hatch act gives?

from the web site
    looks like all the politicians found guilty
    had to immediately step down from office

anyone out there have any infomation on this subject
    please Private Message me

Thread Information