Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Resident Info (News)

Lackawanna Resident Info (News)

Upcomming Programs:

Tues April 20,2010 - Financial Workshop (Money In Motion) - Consumer Credit Counsling
    2nd Baptist Church, 18 Church Street Lackawanna NY 14218
    A certified Counselor from Consumer credit counsling service of Buffalo Will discuss: How to develop a Budget, How to use credit wisley, and how to get out of financial trouble.

Tues May 4,2010 Part 2 Financial Workshop - Consumer Credit Counsling
    2nd Baptist Church, 18 Church Street Lackawanna NY 14218

Sat May 15,2010 - First Ward Neighborhood Spring Clean Up day. 9:00am - 1:00pm. Meet at the Corner or Church Street And Wasson Ave. Come out and Clean Up your Yard and help out your neighbors! All supplies and Lunch Provided. If we can just atleast get everyone to first start in Beautifying their own yards thats a big start! For more Information contact Reverend Mark Blue @ 716-826-4940

5/18 & 5/25 6:00pm - 7:30pm - Home Repair And Inprovement Workshop. 2nd Baptist Church, 18 Church Street Lackawanna NY 14218
    Learn About: Things you should be doing to your home every spring. How to keep water away from and out of your house. How to hire a competent responsible contractor. The Nuts and bolts of smart Home repair and inprovement. For more info call: 884-2358 EXT.114

6/8/2010 @ 6:00pm. Lackawanna 1st Ward Neighborhood Association Meeting. 2nd Baptist Church, 18 Church Street Lackawanna NY 14218
    Please come and let your voice be heard. Many of the ongoing topics include: The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York - Affordable Housing Program. If you would like to get assistance in fixing up your home this is a great program to apply for. You must be a homeowner in Lackawanna's 1st Ward. For more information on this program please contact Ellary Mori @ 716-858-2733.
    I myself am in the last stages in this program. One step closer to a beautiful home. The process requires much paperwork and a short waiting period for processing. If you need assistance in filling out your paperwork please attent one of the Association meetings and one of us who have gone through the program can assist you.

Other topics covered at the meetings are: Citizen Concerns, Lincoln School - With hope to soon be a nice community center (again Long Process),Programs to help Renters that may be in trouble of Eviction (ECHO program) - If you need more info on this program you can obtain a panphlet from Reverand Blue, and the revitilization through programs for Lackawanna's 1st ward community. BUT WE NEED YOUR VOICE!!!!! Also if anyone knows Lackawanna Counselman Noman please encourage him to attend a neighborhood meeting. It would be nice to hear what he may feel about some of the issues.

If there are any upcomming workshops or events you would like to share please post - Thank you!!!

ECC offers a one stop Employemnt and Training center.3176 Abbott Road, Orchard Park NY from: 8am - 4:30pm Monday thru friday.

They offer Complimentary: Jobsearch assistance, career Counseling, Computer Training, and workshops.
    They offer state of the art computers with high speed internet access for job seekers, as well as classroom and meeting space for visiting businesses. Complimentary computer classes and workshops are offered on a wide range of topics including: Windows Vista, Microsoft word, Excell, Access power point, and publisher 2007. Job Search Labs, How to work with difficult people, Modern interview techniques, career exploration. www.ecc.edu/paths/onestop.asp or 716-270-4444 for more info.

Lackawanna Resident Info (News)

Thanks for the information. Also, check out CELEBRATE LACKAWANNA BUSINESSES on Facebook - it's a good place to add local events.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Info14218 View Post
    ECC offers a one stop Employemnt and Training center.3176 Abbott Road, Orchard Park NY from: 8am - 4:30pm Monday thru friday.

They offer Complimentary: Jobsearch assistance, career Counseling, Computer Training, and workshops.
    They offer state of the art computers with high speed internet access for job seekers, as well as classroom and meeting space for visiting businesses. Complimentary computer classes and workshops are offered on a wide range of topics including: Windows Vista, Microsoft word, Excell, Access power point, and publisher 2007. Job Search Labs, How to work with difficult people, Modern interview techniques, career exploration. www.ecc.edu/paths/onestop.asp or 716-270-4444 for more info.

All services are Free.

http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/c...&Submit=Search

The above link should lead you to the Sex Offenders living in Lackawanna. I am yet to recieve any information from anyone when a sex offender moves in my neighborhood. I know some school districts are very good about it but Lackawanna is lacking on spreading the information. I had one move right next door and never knew it until i Looked on the website. He was in a zone he wasn't even suppose to be in, a school zone and less than 100 feet from a playground. Don't let the athorities monitor these offenders because they do not check to see if they are in regulation. Sorry about any spelling errors my spell check is not working. Keep yourself Informed!

If the above link does not work here is the site: http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/n...arch_index.htm

The above link should lead you to the Sex Offenders living in Lackawanna. I am yet to recieve any information from anyone when a sex offender moves in my neighborhood. I know some school districts are very good about it but Lackawanna is lacking on spreading the information. I had one move right next door and never knew it until i Looked on the website. He was in a zone he wasn't even suppose to be in, a school zone and less than 100 feet from a playground. Don't let the athorities monitor these offenders because they do not check to see if they are in regulation. Sorry about any spelling errors my spell check is not working. Keep yourself Informed!

If the above link does not work here is the site: http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/n...arch_index.htm
    family watch dog

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

is also a great site that will actually send you a e-mail when an offender moves in and out.

Your 'info' in incorrect..sex offenders are monitored constantly and those in violation are charged with either New York State correction law or local ordinance. Just because someone is a registered sex offender does not mean they are excluded from living 100 feet from a playground, school etc. There are many factors that determine their restrictions. Lackawanna, Global Concepts and OLV are all notified when a registered level 2 or 3 offender moves into the city. What the schools choose to do with the notification is their decision. Level 3 offenders are posted in the Front Page newspaper, but with one exception, they are in violation of the local ordinance and must relocate within a given time frame.

Post Fact

A few years back before I got elected I brought a nice flyer from little ole' Silver Creek that they had handed out to all their residents when it comes to the sex offenders in their community.
    And ironically, just yesterday I too saw the web but because mainstream Lackawanna is not always on a computer, I believe it is an example of out of sight--out of mind. Till something happens when God forbid it does.
    Whatever you guys can do to enhance PUBLIC SAFETY is of great importance because, I am sure you will agree, that------1 victim of any kind of predator is 1 victim too many! I know there is money in the budget--Please keep the Lackawanna Citizens tuned into what is their right to know. Thanks.

always about you isn't it Andrea

Post What?

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    always about you isn't it Andrea
    I am puzzled--what is about me?

Read your posts the most used word is? I

Quote Originally Posted by captron View Post
    Your 'info' in incorrect..sex offenders are monitored constantly and those in violation are charged with either New York State correction law or local ordinance. Just because someone is a registered sex offender does not mean they are excluded from living 100 feet from a playground, school etc. There are many factors that determine their restrictions. Lackawanna, Global Concepts and OLV are all notified when a registered level 2 or 3 offender moves into the city. What the schools choose to do with the notification is their decision. Level 3 offenders are posted in the Front Page newspaper, but with one exception, they are in violation of the local ordinance and must relocate within a given time frame.
    If you know the specific laws please share them with us. Ironically after i printed out the page from the sex offender website and shared it with my neighbors with children he got a visit from LAPD and a few days later he moved out. I dont see how a level 2 or level 3 sex offender would not be restricted from living less than 100 feet from a playground or school. St Hyacinths is right up the street and the playground is Bauder playground and he was smack in the middle. I know probation doesnt always catch these offenders because there is a young man (level 3) in Hamburg and the address that has been listed on the site is his mothers address. Yes he did stay with her for some years but he has been living with his girlfriend in Woodlawn for a couple years now and no address change yet. Please dont think the system doesn't has flaws because it does. Now why he hasn't voulentarly changed his address, who knows, but if all we know his girlfriend may be living in a area where he is restricted to live.

Listen people I want to know the facts so I will not take it to heart if you say im wrong on something, all i ask is that you prove me wrong with facts. As a parent of young children we should know the restrictions on these offenders if any!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Read your posts, the most used word is? blah

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    I must ba all about myself too...I just counted the "I"s in my paragraph and I say I an awful lot...lol :-)

Andrea just talk in the 3rd person from now on to illiminate the "I" factor....Somehow a serious subject turned into a pick on Andrea subject.....can't you start a new thread to hate on Andrea? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by captron View Post
    If you have the info can you please post the lackawanna ordinance or what the living restrictions are. I'm completely shocked that a sex offender is able to look right out his back window and watch all the little children play at a playground. That is just way to close for comfort for me. If that is the case what can Lackawanna residents to to get the laws tighter?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information