Thread: Christina Wleklinski BOVE - District 9

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Christina Wleklinski BOVE - District 9

Christina Wleklinski BOVE - District 9

I was just skimming thru the Erie County Legislature website and notice her legislator page.

http://www.erie.gov/legislature/district09/index.asp

I'll review the other people on the leg.. I just clicked her page first....

[QUOTE0]Christina wanted to make a difference in her town of West Seneca and ran for Councilmember. As a Councilmember, she cut the cost of government and secured grants and funding for community projects. Her focus on the needs of her community as well as the people whose lives were impacted by her efforts, became so compelling that she resigned her corporate position to serve as Councilmember full time. She is involved and committed. The below are some examples of her efforts:

• Coordinated Operations at the Senior Fitness Center saving the Taxpayers $100,000 per year.

How so? How much is budgeted in the first place for the Senior Fitness Center? What was cut to save $100,000 per year and are those savings still in effect? Did they cut $100,000 in this department but played musical chairs and added spending to another $100,000 to another department?

• As Project Manager, Renovated the Senior Center with a $90,000 HUD Grant.

So they still took our money and spent it.. Label it HUD, Grants or what ever it's still tax payer money. Just about offsets the $100,000 savings mentioned earlier.

• Saved the Taxpayers $600,000 in 2009 on Health Insurance Costs, Preventing a Tax Increase for 2010.

How was this accomplished? Something we can do in other towns in WNY? Were the savings actual savings or was something "negotiated" in returned so in the long run we saved nothing at all?

• Secured a $700,000 NYS Grant – for 3 Solar Energy Projects – Saving Electricity Costs & the Environment.

From what I read about solar projects we'll all be dead before you actually see any savings... We have the cleanest electricity produced from the Niagara Dam.. Why waste money on this?

• Lobbied Erie County for HUD Stimulus Funds to Repave Streets – Received an Extra $100,000.

Shouldn't street repairs already be budgeted for from our property taxes we pay?

• Recruited a Grant Writer to bring more money back to West Seneca Taxpayers.

Back? So there is more federal tax money leaving West Seneca than they receive?

• Built a Sledding Hill at Sunshine Park as a Safe Winter Destination for Children

That's cool. As long as she did hire a "sledding" director, a "Hill expert" and "snow" expert to monitor the sledding

• Supported Peer Counseling and Youth Engaged in Service Projects for West Seneca Students.

This should be the parents responsibility to get their kids involved in the community. What type of service projects are they referring to?
    [/QUOTE]

She didn't include:
    "Worked with Barbara Miller Williams and Tim Kennedy in an effort to remove the Chairwoman, and get jobs for my friends Sandy Rosenwie and Sheila Meegan?
    Fully stimulated...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THAT was her doing?

HIring the head of the IP party speak volumes....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    THAT was her doing?

HIring the head of the IP party speak volumes....
    Yeah but she didn't the IP Party endorsement,

Does she really use the hyphenated name besides for elections?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    Does she really use the hyphenated name besides for elections?
    Her name has nothing to do with job performance.

So where was 700,000 spent on solar energy projects?

Her name has nothing to do with job performance.

So where was 700,000 spent on solar energy projects?
    See: http://www.buffalonews.com/2009/08/2...-for-town.html
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why would the town waste someone else's money on this?

What is the annual electric bill for the senior center minus 22% if that even happens when you factor in you spent $700,000? Including The town will contribute $262,371....

It's not a viable OPTION WHEN YOU HAVE a clean source of CHEAP power called the Niagara damm

“Someone was going to get that NYSERDA money. It may as well be West Seneca,” said Bove, who said she was instrumental in applying for the state funds.
    So piss away $262,371 so you can piss away someone elses $700,000.

From the article:

The solar panels continue to work even under 3 to 4 inches of snow, Rizzo said. After heavier snowfalls, some of the snow will have to melt before the panels can begin generating electricity.
    On the Internet is states:

How well do solar panels work in the winter?

Solar panels work on light not heat. With shorter daylight hours in winter, solar panels produce proportionately less power. If the modules become covered with snow, they stop producing power, but snow generally melts quickly when the sun strikes the modules; if you brush the snow off, they resume operation immediately.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post

So DT, do you really think it was a wise investment to spend someone elses $700,000 on this?

I can see the overall policy choice behind NYSERDA ( http://www.nyserda.org/ ) to reduce energy consumption by offering rebates and grants to not only municipalities but companies and residential consumers as well. By reducing consumption you will also reduce costs.

Was it the best way to do this? I don't know.
    Last edited by dtwarren; April 16th, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

It's a waste of tax dollars in the application period! Oh, and just for the record. Bove did not get the I endorsement because she had not announced as a Leg candidate until after the endorsement meeting and after she learned her Board position was abolished. Sandy R. Did support her after she announced by attempting to defeat Tim W. and myself in the primary with one of her relative independence members. I received the endorsement from her and then didn't hear hyde nor hair from her throughout the rest of the election. This class of people are as crooked as the come. In my opinion!.
    Brian D. Wirth[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by 4thePEOPLE View Post
    It's a waste of tax dollars in the application period! Oh, and just for the record. Bove did not get the I endorsement because she had not announced as a Leg candidate until after the endorsement meeting and after she learned her Board position was abolished. Sandy R. Did support her after she announced by attempting to defeat Tim W. and myself in the primary with one of her relative independence members. I received the endorsement from her and then didn't hear hyde nor hair from her throughout the rest of the election. This class of people are as crooked as the come. In my opinion!.
    But she will remind everyone she didn't get the endorsement.

Solar panels if they are not cleaned regularly (washed with water) they will become worthless and they need not to be covered with anything ie snow, wind power is a better bet but they need to be very large and tall to actually pay for themselves.

She's a lot of hot air, she should have dropped out of the supervisor race but her ego got in the way after she got hammered by Wally in the Primary.

Does she use the hyphenated name besides for elections?
    Last edited by wnyfuture; April 16th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Come on? Now you know that is just for the Polish vote garnering.
    Brian D. Wirth[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Built a Sledding Hill at Sunshine Park as a Safe Winter Destination for Children
    This thing is laughable. I took my grandkids there to sled. It is pathetically designed and mostly unsleddable. When bare there is very little grass, you see mostly blacktop, stone and rock.

This was a well intended, but poorly planned venture orchestrated by Tina.

Needless to say, we never went back. Truth is it was built from a pile dumped behind the highway dept. over decades from old roads and dug up drainage ditches (and who knows what else ? ) that accumalated behind the highway dept.

It should be checked for toxicity.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; April 16th, 2010 at 11:47 PM.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Thread Information