Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Rat the Turd

wnybillsfan

Ed Rat the Turd

If it is AOK for disgraceful Congressman Tom Reynolds to blast Jack Davis for being a millionaire then it must be okay for Ed Rat the Turd's critics to call Ed a "dunce", mama's boy whose claim to flame and divine right of leadership stems from the lackluster, self-serving, so-called, public service of his elitist "class-conscious" family.

It would be hard to say that the Rath family so-called public service has benefited anybody except for members of the Rath family themselves.

Speaking of millionaires, the Rath family salaries for their so-called public service after forty or fifty years totals in the 10 to 15 million dollar range - so aren't the Raths the worst kind of millionaires? (and don't forget the burdensome to taxpapyer benefits)

The Rath family sense of entitlement is astounding, well-known, undeserved, and more than a little baffling that voters might consider buying into this non-performing so-called dynasty. (read "Dinasaurs").

I agree. It astonishes me that MaryLou keeps on getting elected! She does nothing! She keeps her head down, doesn't make waves and sails into office each election. Why do voters return a non-entity? Because WNY voters are too lazy to educate themselves, ditto Reynolds, ditto Hayes.

Mary "who" Rath is more like it. The only thing she ever does is stand next to what ever republican is getting positive press at the time. Oh, let's not forget the little news letter she sends out at tax payer expense now and then. Whoopee!

wnybillsfan
    It's been widely reported that Ed Rath III is running for Barry Weinstein's County Legislature seat. Public office shouldn't be an entitlement, there have got to be better candidates out there.

wnybillsfan
    Quote Originally Posted by nomomo
    Mary "who" Rath is more like it. The only thing she ever does is stand next to what ever republican is getting positive press at the time. Oh, let's not forget the little news letter she sends out at tax payer expense now and then. Whoopee!

The Rath, Hayes, Reynolds taxpayer funded newsletters are just the tip of the iceberg.

There are taxpayer funded Nancy Naples radio commercials, Pataki TV commercials, full page advertisements with their pictures in brochures by Hayes and Rath during their elections funded by taxpayer grants, even plaques on buildings with Weinstein, Hayes and Rath's names. Not a cent was from their personal money, all money gotten from you the taxpayer to promote themselves!

The Ethics Commission should look into these practices.

Rath's

Quote Originally Posted by wnybillsfan
    The Rath, Hayes, Reynolds taxpayer funded newsletters are just the tip of the iceberg.

There are taxpayer funded Nancy Naples radio commercials, Pataki TV commercials, full page advertisements with their pictures in brochures by Hayes and Rath during their elections funded by taxpayer grants, even plaques on buildings with Weinstein, Hayes and Rath's names. Not a cent was from their personal money, all money gotten from you the taxpayer to promote themselves!

The Ethics Commission should look into these practices.
    She won the hbighest percentage vote of any legislator running for the assembly. That doesn't seem like an entitlement, it seems like being rewarded for work well done.

wnybillsfan
    Did Jeff Rath run for the assemblies or the senator, gee, It's hard to keep track of all these governmental offices and career politicians and all these Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmuir
    She won the hbighest percentage vote of any legislator running for the assembly. That doesn't seem like an entitlement, it seems like being rewarded for work well done.
    That's interesting considering Rath ran for re-election as a State Senator. By my count unless she was running against Jim Hayes and I missed it, she got 0% of the assembly vote. Normally i wouldn't bother to respond to this kind generalization, but bad math sets me off.

With all of 10 minutes web search I found the state elections board website and needed only a moment to check your analysis Jeff. In State Senate Races, let's take a moment to do the math. by the numbers the highest win percentage was Kathy Young down in the boonies who was unopposed this year. Next highest winning percentage was actually George Stachowski from S. Buff who got 60,012 of 77,626 votes for a whopping 77.3% of the vote. Then there was GOP Senator George Maziarz up in Niagara who beat up his token challenger with 58,510 votes to 24,799 which equals 70.2%. Following him was Rath with 67,216 votes for 68.4% followed by Antoine Thompson, who got 66% in his challenge against primary foe Marc Coppola and WBEN's favorite whipping boy Dale Volker got 61% of the vote after his bruising Republican primary.

That means in WNY alone Rath came up 4th of 6 in WNY win percentage, ignoring the other 55 Senate races which probably also had higher win percentages. The moral of the story is that preparation and actual research matters, whether it's reporting electoral results or fire response articles. If my math is wrong, please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by godhelpny
    That's interesting considering Rath ran for re-election as a State Senator. By my count unless she was running against Jim Hayes and I missed it, she got 0% of the assembly vote. Normally i wouldn't bother to respond to this kind generalization, but bad math sets me off.

With all of 10 minutes web search I found the state elections board website and needed only a moment to check your analysis Jeff. In State Senate Races, let's take a moment to do the math. by the numbers the highest win percentage was Kathy Young down in the boonies who was unopposed this year. Next highest winning percentage was actually George Stachowski from S. Buff who got 60,012 of 77,626 votes for a whopping 77.3% of the vote. Then there was GOP Senator George Maziarz up in Niagara who beat up his token challenger with 58,510 votes to 24,799 which equals 70.2%. Following him was Rath with 67,216 votes for 68.4% followed by Antoine Thompson, who got 66% in his challenge against primary foe Marc Coppola and WBEN's favorite whipping boy Dale Volker got 61% of the vote after his bruising Republican primary.

That means in WNY alone Rath came up 4th of 6 in WNY win percentage, ignoring the other 55 Senate races which probably also had higher win percentages. The moral of the story is that preparation and actual research matters, whether it's reporting electoral results or fire response articles. If my math is wrong, please correct me.
    Jeff is a journalist, he doesn't have to research anything. As I was told once by a Buffalo News reporter. "If you don't tell us your side of the story then we'll make it up". He'll just make it up.....

research

You neglected to point out any alleged flaws in my research in the fire response story. Do tell.

vote totals

So, she was reelected with more than 68% of the vote. That hardly dents my point. When you throw out the uncontested races, she was certainly reelected with one of the highest vote totals. Good luck with your math obsession.

You neglected to point out any alleged flaws in my research in the fire response story. Do tell.
    I think the people in the other thread are doing a well enough job pointing out the vacuousness of your argument about fire response.

So, she was reelected with more than 68% of the vote. That hardly dents my point. When you throw out the uncontested races, she was certainly reelected with one of the highest vote totals. Good luck with your math obsession.
    I'm not contesting that people support Senator Rath. I think she's done a good job. I'm questioning your basic journalistic and analytical abilities. To say

She won the highest (fixed the spelling for you) percentage vote of any legislator running for the assembly.
    And a day later after being called out on basic math, it becomes...

with one of the highest vote totals
    Being that ignorant of government, elections, and in this case grade school math, simply implies that people have one more reason to question the value of any statements or assertions you make.

yo

I think the people in the other thread are doing a well enough job pointing out the vacuousness of your argument about fire response.

I'm not contesting that people support Senator Rath. I think she's done a good job. I'm questioning your basic journalistic and analytical abilities. To say

And a day later after being called out on basic math, it becomes...

Being that ignorant of government, elections, and in this case grade school math, simply implies that people have one more reason to question the value of any statements or assertions you make.
    Yeah, well your mother wears combat boots.

Yeah, well your mother wears combat boots.
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?

I disagree. While I do not have much first hand experieince with the Senator, I can state with absolute certainty that the late Justice Rath was an excellent Judge and public servant who worked tirelessly at his job.

I'm sure that Ed the 3rd will do his Parents proud as he (hopefully) enters the political world.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information