Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did he really say "the lame"?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    It's already like that. You have to be a resident of NYS (And provide proof of such) to get any assistance.

It's not like Joe Public can live in Florida, and collect welfare benefits in NYS

You can only live in Florida and rape NYS if you are a power broker who deals in back room workings and puts a guy like Pedro Espada on a pedestal.
    I really think your just screwing with us. Your making no sense because no one here said you can live in Florida and collect welfare.

But what happens is people move to NYS... wait a very minimum amount of time and get into the system.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I really think your just screwing with us. Your making no sense because no one here said you can live in Florida and collect welfare.

But what happens is people move to NYS... wait a very minimum amount of time and get into the system.
    You stated, we have to institute a residency requirement in NYS for social welfare assistance. We have that. You must be a resident. It's defacto 30 days, actually, since you need a utility bill showing your residence.

And, in actuality, you can live in Florida and collect welfare from the state of NY. Just corporate welfare, and not social welfare. It's a reserved benefit for those who are loaded, and not available to the Common Man.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Does this actually happen? And if so how many per year lets say in WNY?
    You kidding, res?

For years the south put freed slaves on trains to the north. But even more pertinent, Erie County was famous for accepting new arrivals and supporting them immediately. When Gov Rockefeller tried to establish a one year residency plan, it was decided that that was unconstitutional, by the Supreme Court. They even went back one year to find anyone who had applied for welfare here and was denied it, and 'compensated' by paying them a years worth of support. Even if they were living out of town.

Buffalo did benefit from the migration of southerners during WW2 when there was zero unemployment.

Amedica ben vedy vedy goot to me!

You stated, we have to institute a residency requirement in NYS for social welfare assistance. We have that. You must be a resident. It's defacto 30 days, actually, since you need a utility bill showing your residence.

And, in actuality, you can live in Florida and collect welfare from the state of NY. Just corporate welfare, and not social welfare. It's a reserved benefit for those who are loaded, and not available to the Common Man.
    AS A LANDLORD...I have received calls from the International Institute for apartment placement of immigrants They are brought to this country, most no skills, mothers with children etc. The Institute pays for their housing for approx 3 months, then they directed to go on welfare, to support them while WE, the Taxpayers pay for their freedom. I dont begrudge anyone in this world a fresh start, BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!
    I have refused to rent to these type of rental prospects due to unnecessary risk, the lady tried to get info on me and accuse me of discrimination. I have the right to discriminate ...based on financial qualifications!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    AS A LANDLORD...I have received calls from the International Institute for apartment placement of immigrants They are brought to this country, most no skills, mothers with children etc. The Institute pays for their housing for approx 3 months, then they directed to go on welfare, to support them while WE, the Taxpayers pay for their freedom. I dont begrudge anyone in this world a fresh start, BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!
    I have refused to rent to these type of rental prospects due to unnecessary risk, the lady tried to get info on me and accuse me of discrimination. I have the right to discriminate ...based on financial qualifications!
    The difference is that these people are not illegal aliens, and that's a big part of Rez and Dougles' outrage: "illegals are getting welfare!" There's a lot of complaining, but no one's explained yet how "illegals" are actually getting welfare and/or Medicaid.

I'm not sure that Carl's all that upset about "illegals", however. He just seems to have it in for "the lame".

Last I checked, it was property flippers who were the ones who destroyed the housing market by artificially inflating housing prices, and then betting against the market performing well.
    You have any sources to back that up?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Alan Bedenko correctly points out on Buffalopundit:

1. By way of answering Paladino’s pandering on the “open border” welfare issue, he’s right – we didn’t vote for that. New York implemented residency requirements that were struck down as unconstitutional in 1971. While the 1996 TANF welfare reform law had expressly permitted states to impose welfare residency requirements, and while New York did go ahead and implement them, the Supreme Court ruled in 1999 that the residency limitations on TANF benefits was unconstitutional.

“Citizens of the United States, whether rich or poor, have the right to choose to be citizens ‘of the state wherein they reside,’” Stevens wrote, quoting the 14th Amendment. “The states, however, do not have any right to select their citizens.”

So, Paladino can promise to implement unconstitutional residency requirements on welfare, but to what end?
    Fully stimulated...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So, Paladino can promise to implement unconstitutional residency requirements on welfare, but to what end?
    To top the ever increases cost placed on the current NYS residents. We are not here to take care of everyone. It's impossible.

To top the ever increases cost placed on the current NYS residents. We are not here to take care of everyone. It's impossible.
    Do you understand what "unconstitutional" means, Rez?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Do you understand what "unconstitutional" means, Rez?
    It means we have to find new judges that will agree it is constitutional!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    You have any sources to back that up?
    Come on, do you really need me to post those?

What caused astronomical property overvaluing? Speculation. Simple market forces at work there.

Who does property speculation? Developers and land flippers.

And what effect did short sales have on the market? Or, buying of derivatives of questionable value? How do you think those effected the market?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    It means we have to find new judges that will agree it is constitutional!
    And, that is the way it works. Unless, of course, there is already a precedent set (Which there is). In that case, a court overturning it's own precedent is slim to none. That's how our system of law works.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Come on, do you really need me to post those?

What caused astronomical property overvaluing? Speculation. Simple market forces at work there.

Who does property speculation? Developers and land flippers.

And what effect did short sales have on the market? Or, buying of derivatives of questionable value? How do you think those effected the market?

And, that is the way it works. Unless, of course, there is already a precedent set (Which there is). In that case, a court overturning it's own precedent is slim to none. That's how our system of law works.

Yes you need sources!

So your saying the govt forcing and backing loans to people who shouldn't have gotten them had NOTHING to do with it?? OH okay!

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    Alan Bedenko correctly points out on Buffalopundit:

1. By way of answering Paladino’s pandering on the “open border” welfare issue, he’s right – we didn’t vote for that. New York implemented residency requirements that were struck down as unconstitutional in 1971. While the 1996 TANF welfare reform law had expressly permitted states to impose welfare residency requirements, and while New York did go ahead and implement them, the Supreme Court ruled in 1999 that the residency limitations on TANF benefits was unconstitutional.

“Citizens of the United States, whether rich or poor, have the right to choose to be citizens ‘of the state wherein they reside,’” Stevens wrote, quoting the 14th Amendment. “The states, however, do not have any right to select their citizens.”

Thanks for the info - that pretty much ends the Carl welfare reform plan - hopefully he has some other plan.

And hopefully it is not premised on a constitutional amendment - or else we'll have to listen on how he is going to put all the justices of the SCOTUS in Attica.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's gonna be fun to watch

It's gonna be fun to watch
    What? Carl Paladino being a laughing-stock? The media baits him, and he jumps at it, his mouth running long before his brain is in gear. It's not "fun", it's pretty sad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information