Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Property Taxes could raise 34%

Erie County Property Taxes could raise 34%

On the 5.30 pm news Ch. 7 showed a story on how Hartman
    (I wonder how he made out with his DWI?)
    & The Control Board are fighting over the 4 year plan.
    (What else is new!) The Control Board won't approve Hartman's plans
    and have rejected the 4 year plan and the 2007 Budget
    because they say it will cause 34% Property taxes hikes
    Ch 2 just aired the same story at 6pm

Thumbs down That's the only

. . . answer the ECL can come up with, charge the fewer folks living here more to live here. Don't get out their 'red' pencils and do some HONEST cost reductions. Just continue the "same ol' same ol'", more patronage more pork.
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

The Democrats must be jumping for joy at the thought of a 34% County tax increase proposed by the Giambra administration. When Giambra leaves office and whoever is the next County Executive the Democrats can blame the previous administration for the tax increase.

I have never met a politician who disliked a tax increase. Just as long as the tax increase, will increase the monies (including pork) going to the people who support him or her. It seems some politicians don't even bother paying taxes at all.

Because our County Politicians don't have the stones to reduce taxes. The control board should go hard before we loose another company like American Axel.

I wonder how all of the ECL's, King Joel, and Hartman etc.. can even show
    their faces in public of what they have done to this area ! Yet as bad as it is, they continue to keep destroying this area even further with raising taxes to fund their OUT OF CONTROL PORK AND MAKING NEW COUNTY JOBS FOR THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Now you can see why Dr. Barry Weinstein won't run for re election
    for ECL.

Unregistered

I cant wait to see what the control board does with the county

I cant wait to see what the control board does with the county

Quote Originally Posted by PalmTree
    I wonder how all of the ECL's, King Joel, and Hartman etc.. can even show
    their faces in public of what they have done to this area ! Yet as bad as it is, they continue to keep destroying this area even further with raising taxes to fund their OUT OF CONTROL PORK AND MAKING NEW COUNTY JOBS FOR THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Pork and patronage jobs did not start with Mr. Giambra. In fact the present Democratic County Chairman is an expert at pork and patronage and so was our previous County Executive. Look at the patronage job Eire County Legislator Edward Kuwik (D) got on the Water Authority. after his vote on the county budget. Pork and Patronage is a very good friend to both parties.

humm

On the 5.30 pm news Ch. 7 showed a story on how Hartman
    (I wonder how he made out with his DWI?)
    & The Control Board are fighting over the 4 year plan.
    (What else is new!) The Control Board won't approve Hartman's plans
    and have rejected the 4 year plan and the 2007 Budget
    because they say it will cause 34% Property taxes hikes
    Ch 2 just aired the same story at 6pm

Of course it will. When are you going to learn no one in the legislature body care about you. They only CARE about their own pockets get it...The George Holt issue just proved that to me. If I was Mr. Holt I'm sue Mr. Clark would have me in jail right. I will openly make this statement, all those in that govern body called the legislature are all pocket filler, their own pockets...

I have 10 homes up for sail in my area because of their tax bills...when there is no more people left in this town, where will the tax money come from then ?

One thing I've learn in life, " if you don't want to be corrupted its your choice but if you do; its easier to steal from the public overall."
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    Pork and patronage jobs did not start with Mr. Giambra. In fact the present Democratic County Chairman is an expert at pork and patronage and so was our previous County Executive. Look at the patronage job Eire County Legislator Edward Kuwik (D) got on the Water Authority. after his vote on the county budget. Pork and Patronage is a very good friend to both parties.
    No it didn't, but when Il Duce came into office, remember that he cut taxes by 30%. Dennis Gorski warned the taxpayers that this would bankrupt the County treasury, but to no avail. The taxpayers wanted their taxes cut, so Giambra cut them. Of course, nobody actually got any money, they just saw their taxes cut. Joel and his buddies stole the reserves that Gorski had built up after the debacle known as the Rutkowski Administration. Estimates run as high as in excess of $500,000,000 for the amount that he cleaned out.
    Isn't it ironic that the tax hike that he is proposing is about identical to the cut he gave to you guys back in 2000. Only now, the next guy won't have any reserves in case of an emergency.

The reason that the taxes are high is that there are a lot of services being offered in western New York, morew than just snow plowing, parks and libraries. There's Welfare, HEAP, WICK and Medicare(Medicaid?). They aren't free; somebody has to pay for them and Albany has declared that it's goning to be you and me. Now most everybody wants the services, but it seems that a lot of folks seem to think that somebody else should pick up the tab.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Tanstafel (There's no such thing as a free lunch)

Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Post I Agree With

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    . . . your post but that doesn't mean that it should continue or that we shouldn't put a lid on the 'ol' pork barrel'.
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Crisco Kid
    . . . your post but that doesn't mean that it should continue or that we shouldn't put a lid on the 'ol' pork barrel'.
    Of course it should be eliminated.

In Erie County this is a given:
    1) County Taxes are always going to go up.
    2) Public servants are always going to ask for more money.
    3) Public servants are always going to get more money
    5) The Public service sector will continue to grow.
    6) County Legislators will alway ask for more money.
    7) County Legislators will alway get more money
    8) The County Legislators will spend more then they take in from taxes.
    9) Those working the private sector in Erie County will vote with their feet.
    10) Retired County Legislators will always be appointed to a government job.

Sorry Lacky...not always true:

1) Weren't property taxes cut significantly as soon as Giambra took office?
    3) Isn't there a wage (and hiring freeze) taking away all raises under the current contract?
    5) See hiring freeze
    6) See #1
    7) See #1
    10) Get me a list of all legislators who have retired in the past 15 years...I'm willing to bet a few dollars that not ALL of them got appointed positions after they left the legislator.

Lacks, I never question your intentions or heart. But you're very sincere and earnest, making me take your word at their exact meanings, and worry when you're going on flat out incorrect data.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Now you can see why Dr. Barry Weinstein won't run for re election for ECL.
    He was part of the problem with the country for 10 years, so, he figures to be part of the problem somewhere else as a Doctor, Lawyer, Developer, Town Board Member in Amherst. Where does the man find the time to be so involved in a 24 hour day?

wnybillsfan
    In Amherst unfortunately many of the politicians see their positions as part-time retirement positions and just as a way to boost their retirement years in the State Pension system or they use it to run for another position - they just don't give it 100%.

For example: Satish Mohan - construction business, university professor;
    Roy Wixson - retirement position; Barry Weinstein - retirement position boost their pensions; Bill O'Loughlin running for CE, Shelly Schratz running for County CLerk, etc., etc.

Some of you must be County Workers !

I CAN'T WAIT UNTILL THE TAX BASE WON'T EVEN SUPPORT
    THE SERVICES ! You have a Shrinking tax Base because of
    the draining population and Private Sector business's are closing
    or moving out of state ! YET spending & expenses are going & going up
    up up out of control =

Then the County Will go INSOLVENT ! and ALL UNION Contract's
    will be CANCELED !

I CAN"T WAIT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information