Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go watch the Apple Keynote Speech about the Iphone

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Go watch the Apple Keynote Speech about the Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Res I was all over this last night. Happy to find another MAC head on SUWNY.

Good concept, bad execution.

$600 for a phone? Are you kidding me?
    Yes I realize it's basically a computer, but the battery life is horrible, 5 hours. The battery cannot be replaced. Think about how the charge lasts on a cell phone that's almost 2 years old, you'll probably get 30 minutes between charges. But don't worry, apple will only charge you $120 for a new battery. One drop of the iPhone will most likely kill it. Everyone has dropped their cell at least once. No 3G support. No additional memory.

This was made for the early adopters, aka, the people that can't afford it. Next year another version will be released. Maybe around version 5 or 6 they'll have it right.

I'll wait until it's $50 with a year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat

Yes I realize it's basically a computer, but the battery life is horrible, 5 hours. The battery cannot be replaced. Think about how the charge lasts on a cell phone that's almost 2 years old, you'll probably get 30 minutes between charges. But don't worry, apple will only charge you $120 for a new battery. One drop of the iPhone will most likely kill it. Everyone has dropped their cell at least once. No 3G support. No additional memory.

This was made for the early adopters, aka, the people that can't afford it. Next year another version will be released. Maybe around version 5 or 6 they'll have it right.

Yaksplat. People like you are OBVIOUSLY not the target market. Apple will never put a phone on the market for $50. You are probably the same person who says, why pay $1400 for a Mac book Pro when I can get a laptop at Best Buy for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    Mac Computers and products....they simply work, no windoze hell. I'll be purchasing an iPhone the day they hit the store.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired
    Mac Computers and products....they simply work, no windoze hell. I'll be purchasing an iPhone the day they hit the store.
    A fool and his money are soon parted...

That may be true, but it is my $$$$$.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    I'm all PC guy but this device will help our clients have the upper hand against thier competition.

Because there's os x on the phone we will be able to interface the Apple Iphone to clients websites.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The $600 is all relative to the business user. I easily can see a device like this saving me more than $600 in "time" if setup properly.

Here's an idea.. I claim this idea now unless someone already patented it.

Think about volunteer firemen.

Well call this the "Volunteer Emergency Response System"

When you are on call you go to one of your favorites pointing to a Voli control panel. You click a button to log that your on call.

Instantly have the call for help go out to the volunteers on call. This could easily be setup on a central computer system when calls come in.

Send to the phone the call for help and instantly have safari open up with the map from where the volunteer is with a map directly to where the call for help is on the Apple Iphone.

On the bottom of the completely custom screen have a red button (can't make it) and a green button (on my way). Central dispatch would know almost instantly who's going with ETA arrival times.

Once on the scene they tap the button that is called arrived and everything is loged. Response times and who showed up in one sweep.

ALL saved on a database at Erie County Central Volunteer Center.

Just a thought

Because there is a full OS running the possiblities are endless.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A fool never answers the door when oppurtunity knocks.

Maybe it's just me, but I was using Macs at RIT back in the late 80s and early 90s. I loved 'em.

I've an iPod shuffle now- it's so light it won't break when I drop it. The problem? iTunes. It sucks in a way that redefines the word suck. Even for an Apple, they've totally lost touch w/the idea of drag and drop.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    Maybe it's just me, but I was using Macs at RIT back in the late 80s and early 90s. I loved 'em.

I've an iPod shuffle now- it's so light it won't break when I drop it. The problem? iTunes. It sucks in a way that redefines the word suck. Even for an Apple, they've totally lost touch w/the idea of drag and drop.
    I have no problem with iTunes on my Mac. Imports off a cd, or if I download to the desktop I just drag and drop it to the iTunes music library.

I was a beta tester for the iphone...
    Last edited by NoCtUrNaL; February 10th, 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

I have no problem with iTunes on my Mac. Imports off a cd, or if I download to the desktop I just drag and drop it to the iTunes music library.
    Does MacOS use directories the same way that Windows does? It didn't when I used a Mac (we're talking Mac SE30 timeframe ).

Me, I can't stand the fact that I can't get directories in Windows- which I use to organize my tunes- to work the same way w/iTunes.

Did I mention the lack of support for lossless, open-domain CODECs like APE and FLAC?
    Last edited by colossus27; January 10th, 2007 at 07:46 PM.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    Does MacOS use directories the same way that Windows does? It didn't when I used a Mac (we're talking Mac SE30 timeframe ).

Me, I can't stand the fact that I can't get directories in Windows- which I use to organize my tunes- to work the same way w/iTunes.
    Directories is not a phrase I'm familiar with in the MacOS. That's more of a question the WNYRes can help you with. But then I'm more of a user then a programer type, I just know I've never had one crash in all the years I've owned them and I've owned many, pre osx and osx, desktops and portables. Spent more then I'd like to admit, started with a apple 2e and went from there. Currently have a iMac desktop and a 12 & 15 inch G4's.

Kicked over iTune help, searched "directories" no match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information