Thread: What's new, UP on Grant & Ferry?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What's new, UP on Grant & Ferry?

What's new, UP on Grant & Ferry?

Come with us as we EXPLORE Buffalo's Grant & Ferry business corridor.
    In this video, we talked with Grant Ferry Business owner Joe Petri. Joe
    is the owner of Westside Stories a used bookstore located at 205 Grant
    Street in Buffalo, New York. For more info on Grant & Ferry, visit us
    on Facebook at facebook.com/grantferryst or EXPLORE the area on your
    own.

I've been in this guys store. Fat slob that I am, I go to the area for Guercio's and Russ's pastry, only Russ's closed. I've been told the Italian cookie market is being taken over by a bakery in Kenmore. The guy at Guercio's told me about it. I've got the name and address here, somewhere.

Joe, I always loved Guercios for Italian items. Now I am a weekly visitor to Sweetness 7, love the atmosphere and the food. Very friendly place. I seen your bookstore across the street and now plan on stopping in soon.Across the street from you the small shops are sprouting up and sure hope they succeed.I have always felt safe in that neighborhood and love to see the diversity in cultures. The elmwood strip has been my favorite place to visit in buffalo, then allentown, then hertel. Sweetness 7 has brought me to Grant area a lot more than before. I wish you the best and will stop in to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by fp2206 View Post
    Joe, I always loved Guercios for Italian items. Now I am a weekly visitor to Sweetness 7, love the atmosphere and the food. Very friendly place. I seen your bookstore across the street and now plan on stopping in soon.Across the street from you the small shops are sprouting up and sure hope they succeed.I have always felt safe in that neighborhood and love to see the diversity in cultures. The elmwood strip has been my favorite place to visit in buffalo, then allentown, then hertel. Sweetness 7 has brought me to Grant area a lot more than before. I wish you the best and will stop in to say hello.
    I've never lived in the city, but my grandparents lived on Hoyt Street. I've been visiting that neighborhood since before the Kensington was built. We used to take the old parkway to get to my grandparents. It used to be a beautiful ride. Any who, I've always felt safe and comfortable on Grant. I have a great story about the white horse in front of the liquor store which I can't tell here. There used to be a little custard stand on Grant we'd walk to for custard. A story I can tell is: after Sunday dinners, my grandfather used to take us for a "walk". The walk was to a bar on grant street. He'd have a shot and a beer and we'd play pool and drink root beer.

I would love to hear the story about the white horse.Old stories from the city are great to hear.There is a way to send private messages.

Best of luck with your business. I remember living in a poophole on Herkimer, about two blocks from your place, and walking home with a sturdy shank in my hand every night...thinking this neighborhood will never change. I'm still not convinced, but it's nice to see people willing to take chances...as long as you don't accept corporate welfare, or highly grafted neighborhood block money.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Best of luck with your business. I remember living in a poophole on Herkimer, about two blocks from your place, and walking home with a sturdy shank in my hand every night...thinking this neighborhood will never change. I'm still not convinced, but it's nice to see people willing to take chances...as long as you don't accept corporate welfare, or highly grafted neighborhood block money.
    This neighborhood is not one to be walking around at night...if you value your well being..it has changed DRASTICALLY since I was a stockboy while in high school...working at Harvest The Best supermarket on the corner of Grant/ Ferry!

Thread Information