Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    What difference does it make who is backing who in any election? This is insane......listen to the platform of the candidate and then, cast your ONE vote. Can a person think for themselves? Is that too hard to understand? It is YOUR VOTE so, MAKE IT COUNT!!!!!!
    I agree with you 150percent this is Lackawanna afterall so people always do asinine things come election time.This is the same problem I had when I ran for 3rd ward council. A person told me "Wow your donating your salary for the kids . That's great!" but I can't vote for you Norm won't like it! Can you believe that. People need to expierence what good people who want to do good things are up against!

Conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Now Polanski put his wife on civil service commission. Can the city sink any further?
    If this is true, what can she possibly vote on? Since Norm does all the hiring, she would have to abstain from voting on the appointments, qualifications etc.

Funny thing about that appointment is...obviously Norm doesn't trust anyone else enough for this position. Paranoia???

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    None that I am aware of.
    I understood it that Omar Saleh , Seitz also were backing you, they told me themselves - These two were part of the Wille and Roach fiasco -Try not to rely on their advise, you saw what happened to The Good Dr and the "roach". They amounted to a hill of beans, at the expense of the tax payers. Inexperienced people make inexperienced decisions.

Umm they are not politicians. They are school board members.The Wile and Roach thing was only a fiasco because they were outsiders. A former BOCES SUPERINTENDENT inexpierenced please!!! More like they were inexpierenced in Lackawanna politics and what goes on with politics in our city. That's about it. The way we conduct buisness in our schools and city needs to be changed. We are still stuck on the what's in it for me stuff rather than what's in it for the greater good of our community.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    Why would she want to meet with any? Isn't the school board supposed to be non partisian and non political. The same groups back the same people anyways. Outsiders or people who mean well do not stand a chance. Her main focus is improving the school district not playing political football with the same people who backed the candidates that made it rank 98 out of 100. Besides the fact when these guys help you they want something in return.This way she owes nobody anything.
    Dear Mr. Mulqueen, If you or anyone else wants to run for office, the first thing you need to realize is that you need the majority of the votes to win , regardless if they are poloticians or not you need support.So instead of insulting people and slandering them you should try to get as much support as possible . How are you going to improve the schools when you cant get along with anyone,Andrea proved this by sitting by herself on the council, and the people of the first ward basically had no representation because of her antics.As for these guys wanting something, alot of people want something in return but its up to you to decide who gets what if anything is available. You need to wake up or shut up! Your bad mouthing everyone only leads to isolation and inaction from everyone. If your true intentions were to make the schools better you would put your and Caths personal quams aside and work with everyone.

Umm they are not politicians. They are school board members.The Wile and Roach thing was only a fiasco because they were outsiders. A former BOCES SUPERINTENDENT inexpierenced please!!! More like they were inexpierenced in Lackawanna politics and what goes on with politics in our city. That's about it. The way we conduct buisness in our schools and city needs to be changed. We are still stuck on the what's in it for me stuff rather than what's in it for the greater good of our community.
    If you think willie and roach were good for this district, you are an absolute idiot! Ask the nitwits that put them there and they will even tell you they made a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    If you think willie and roach were good for this district, you are an absolute idiot! Ask the nitwits that put them there and they will even tell you they made a mistake!
    I agree totally, at the end Andrea couldn't get a play ground painted , she was ineffective as a representative from my ward.
    I'm not saying that she wasn't a good advocate for our ward but her constant anti city hall rehtoric (sp) did nothing to foster relationships in the arena of a bipartisan approach. The Candidates should not take a page from that book, they should take the advise of Lackawanna 1 and work toward co existance and not an isolationist approach.

To everyone This is Dave Stanz and for those who are concerned, I will speak for myself. Thanks and good bye and look out gibsgal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stanz View Post
    To everyone This is Dave Stanz and for those who are concerned, I will speak for myself. Thanks and good bye and look out gibsgal
    Stanz - tell me more about gibsgal

David, why would you say that....you are giving them what they want. Don't fall for it. We may not be on the same page, but don't give into what they say, makes you look like you have something to hide. Take the high road. At least we agree that we speak for ourselves. Common ground.

Dear Mr. Mulqueen, If you or anyone else wants to run for office, the first thing you need to realize is that you need the majority of the votes to win , regardless if they are poloticians or not you need support.So instead of insulting people and slandering them you should try to get as much support as possible . How are you going to improve the schools when you cant get along with anyone,Andrea proved this by sitting by herself on the council, and the people of the first ward basically had no representation because of her antics.As for these guys wanting something, alot of people want something in return but its up to you to decide who gets what if anything is available. You need to wake up or shut up! Your bad mouthing everyone only leads to isolation and inaction from everyone. If your true intentions were to make the schools better you would put your and Caths personal quams aside and work with everyone.
    First of all I didn't insult,slander or bad mouth anyone. I say it the way it is. All you need to do is what you think is right and not be influenced by anyone. I do not not have any problems with any one but they have the problems with doing the right thing. This whole thing is kind of funny since I do not care about jobs or who gets what just that the people and taxpayer gets what is owed to them. Afterall isn't that who we are supposed to be accountable to? Another thing is we will not be beholden to anyone but the kids. We will not owe anybody anything.When politics get involved it becomes about what is in it for me not about the good of the people or the taxpayer for that matter.The truth is Cathy and myself do not care about ourselves but in doing the right thing!
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; April 17th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mg1940 View Post
    I agree totally, at the end Andrea couldn't get a play ground painted , she was ineffective as a representative from my ward.
    I'm not saying that she wasn't a good advocate for our ward but her constant anti city hall rehtoric (sp) did nothing to foster relationships in the arena of a bipartisan approach. The Candidates should not take a page from that book, they should take the advise of Lackawanna 1 and work toward co existance and not an isolationist approach.
    Do you know anything about politics? People will not do anything for you if they do not like/agree with you.These guys never liked her from day one and they wanted her to fail. How do I know this? Because a certian council member told me so. He also specifically stated that they will listen to anybodys ideas unless it was Andrea's! So there you have it! Coexistence leads to nothing but status quo which is keeping things the way the are.What are you guys striving for to be 100 out of 100? Trust me you are already there.Why don't you attack others instead of people who want to change things? Maybe you like things wthe way they are because I sure as hell do not and I am sure others do not either.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; April 17th, 2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add

Did they try to hold you accountable? Maybe that is why you have a big problem with them.

Do you know anything about politics? People will not do anything for you if they do not like/agree with you.These guys never liked her from day one and they wanted her to fail. How do I know this? Because a certian council member told me so. He also specifically stated that they will listen to anybodys ideas unless it was Andrea's! So there you have it! Coexistence leads to nothing but status quo which is keeping things the way the are.What are you guys striving for to be 100 out of 100? Trust me you are already there.Why don't you attack others instead of people who want to change things? Maybe you like things wthe way they are because I sure as hell do not and I am sure others do not either.
    I like Andrea, I wasn't attacking her, all I was saying is why can't you have a civil dialog so we can move forward in our attempts to help the kids. You choose to go on the attack and again point fingers, obviously that is the only place you can function NOWHERESVILLE. You will do more to hurt your candidate than her

Your kidding me right? I don't have to point fingers at anyone 98 out of 100 is supposed to be good? I am supposed to lay back be all nice and let the same people keep on doing the same thing? Are you serious? Nothing will ever change then. The dialog will get nowhere in this city unless people compromise. I can. But can you or any others? History has proven that you can't.
    When someone disagrees with what you like this city will destroy their reputation.It is as simple as that.Please see Kuryak or Andrea as prime examples.I am having a civil dialog I believe. I am just attacking status quo which has gotten us where we are today!
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; April 17th, 2010 at 06:10 PM.

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information