Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Here is my article which the Front Page won't print

Panczykowski stresses the basic A-B-C’s are needed in our schools: Accountability, Business and Commitment

​“I believe the biggest problem facing the Lackawanna School District is accountability,” states Panczykowski. “During this time of economic uncertainty, everyone from top administrators to cleaning personnel needs to make themselves accountable. *We are all aware that every school district in this state is facing drastic cuts in state aid. Since the future is even more uncertain, all employees and unions must step up to the plate to help our district weather the upcoming storm,” stressed Panczykowski. “This is why I believe we are in need of a business manager with a reputation of being accountable and holding the line on spending. This person needs to make sure that money being spent is done so wisely as well as effectively. If money is being depleted on things that are not working, we need to have the courage to change the course of action. The manager must keep track of our finances on a day-to-day basis in order to keep our expenditures in line and immediately correct any problems. Every dollar counts. A responsible district will reduce its costs by utilizing ideas and input from its employees and board members. *This will help improve problem areas, which in turn will allow the district to run smoothly and competently. More than ever before, we need to run this district like the multi-million dollar business it is. We need to account for every nickel and dime we spend”, continued Panczykowski.
    ​“I would also like to try some new ideas such as corporate sponsorship for our sports programs. *This would allow us to shift some of the existing money that we spend on these programs toward education. I realize that this idea may be a heavy lift in these tough economic times, but it wouldn't hurt to try something new. We need to maintain our commitment to sports as well as education so our children can excel both physically and mentally. Our failure is that we keep seeking education rather than learning. We have invested more time and money in an old industrial era school system that hasn't changed with the times instead of improving the way we do things. We spend too much money on an education system that constantly fails to produce results. *The current system is out of touch with the children who are supposed to be learning. We need the determination to abandon the failed policies of the past and put in place a leaner, more focused system instead of the teacher-orientated system we now have in place. I was told as a child, if you tell me I will forget; if you show me I will remember; if you make it interesting I will commit. Our teachers need to apply this theory in the classroom. We also need to keep current with the technology in our classrooms. Our children will find school more interesting and I believe this will lead to higher academic success and a lower drop out rate. *We need to challenge their natural abilities to succeed at a higher level.
    ​Each and every one of us needs to make a concerted effort to improve our school district. As with any other aspect of our society, our schools are only as good as our commitment to them. *Our city has been talking for years about changing the district, but we never seem to truly commit ourselves to this action. I happen to know about commitment. *As a single parent to a special needs child, I know how difficult the challenges can be to find and implement the best possible learning scenario in order for my daughter to thrive. *I will be as committed to your child’s education as I am with mine. *Those of you, who know me, can attest to the fact that I want what is best for our children. *That is a fact that will not change. * *I believe I have the determination, as well as the mindset, to seek and apply the best practices allowing all of the children in the Lackawanna school system to achieve their highest potential. *We are their hope. *They are counting on us,” concluded Panczykowski.

cath who are the political people backing you

None that I am aware of.

your not being honest!!!!

What political faction is backing me? I have not sat with any Democratic or Republican or Independent or otherwise Chairmen. Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    What political faction is backing me? I have not sat with any Democratic or Republican or Independent or otherwise Chairmen. Not one.
    Great answer, I guess being a Daisies with mostly every polotician in the city is, at the weekly breakfast doesnt mean you met with any, or you dont want to say it, you didnt gather anyones support is more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by crow1 View Post
    cath who are the political people backing you
    Mingarelli, Bryniarski,Radich?

Now Polanski put his wife on civil service commission. Can the city sink any further?
    You need to let it go with Polanski and everyone else you have personal problems with, How are you going to be able to focus on the Kids when you have so many vendettas to take care of. If you win your going to sit on the board like andrea haxton did on the council and what does that get done nothing, absolutely nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Great answer, I guess being a Daisies with mostly every polotician in the city is, at the weekly breakfast doesnt mean you met with any, or you dont want to say it, you didnt gather anyones support is more like it!
    Why would she want to meet with any? Isn't the school board supposed to be non partisian and non political. The same groups back the same people anyways. Outsiders or people who mean well do not stand a chance. Her main focus is improving the school district not playing political football with the same people who backed the candidates that made it rank 98 out of 100. Besides the fact when these guys help you they want something in return.This way she owes nobody anything.
    Last edited by DennisMulqueen; April 16th, 2010 at 06:57 PM.

You need to let it go with Polanski and everyone else you have personal problems with, How are you going to be able to focus on the Kids when you have so many vendettas to take care of. If you win your going to sit on the board like andrea haxton did on the council and what does that get done nothing, absolutely nothing!
    So you agree there is no conflicts of interests with Polanski and others in this city? Is there any opposition in this city? The answer is no because they do not want any. The people in control like things the way they are.

what are you talking about? You have me mistaken for someone else. Haven't ever eaten breakfast at daisies and I have never met anyone there. I have better things to do on the weekend than meet someone for breakfast, which by the way I do not like. You are wrong.

What really sucks is being YOU!! Policy has been there since 1996! District policy which encumbers the entire Lackawanna school district.
    a stupid policy made FOR POLITICAL REASONS by a board of education with barely a high school education. So.....that would be pretty solid, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now Polanski put his wife on civil service commission. Can the city sink any further?
    What is the Civil Service Commission or rather her role in it?
    Last edited by literal; April 16th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What difference does it make who is backing who in any election? This is insane......listen to the platform of the candidate and then, cast your ONE vote. Can a person think for themselves? Is that too hard to understand? It is YOUR VOTE so, MAKE IT COUNT!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is funny. Since we do not want status quo. So why would we eat breakfast at Daises on a Saturday meeting same old politicians? Nothing wrong with Daisies pretty good food there!

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information