Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Candidates Blog

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Dear Dennis the puppet, If you dont know what your talking about just shut up! Maybe uncle tony can put it out there for you!

Updated: October 17, 2009, 9:03 am /
    Published: October 17, 2009, 12:30 am
    Story tools:
    LargerSmallerSave
    Print
    Email
    Get Alerts
    Newsletters NEWShare this story:
    Buzz up!
    Lackawanna School Board members ignored recommendations from a consultant and an internal auditor to tighten financial controls and purchasing, a report from the state comptroller’s office said.

As a result, $168,996 in questionable separation payments were made to four staff members who retired, and as much as $28,000 could have been overpaid for unused leave time, the audit by the office of State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli found.

The School Board, the audit also concludes, failed to establish and monitor payroll, purchasing and payment policies, and did not ensure the district’s audit committee properly performed its advisory and oversight duties.

In its response letter, the district did not dispute the audit’s findings but said action already has been taken on the state’s recommendations.

“It is the district’s goal to ensure strong and consistent internal controls,” Superintendent Frederick A. Wille and board President Patricia Bryniarski said in the letter.

The steps taken include implementing an up-to-date accounting and payroll system, having the new internal claims auditor take a more active approach and receive training, hiring an assistant superintendent for business charged with improving procedures in the business office through training, improving payroll and employee attendance practices and having the audit committee meet regularly and report to the board.

The audit said the board allowed its finance consultant to calculate separation payments of almost $169,000 to four employees, but the method used was not supported by employee contracts. Another seven employees used vacation and sick time in a questionable manner, but the district did not request documentation and the employees could have been overpaid by $28,000.

A number of bills that were paid did not have proper preapprovals or documentation. State auditors looked at 132 claims and found one or more deficiencies in 86 percent of the cases, totaling $675,000.

“Without an effective claims audit process, particularly when controls over purchasing are poor, the district lacks a critical control designed to identify and prevent the unnecessary or improper expenditure of taxpayer moneys,” the audit states.

bobrien@buffnews.com
    Here is the whole article Mr mulqueen
    Here is the link to the entire audit. It is dated July 1, 2006-October 29, 2008. It's kind of funny you blame Pat Roach and Dr. Willie for everything when the guy in charge of all of this at the time was Sam Masry. Leading up to this mess......who sat on the board????? The people you are accusing were not there at the time. If you can not figure out the people, maybe I can help you. The two people you accused were not elected until 2007 and like literal says, it takes time to develop a feel for this job!

Dennis, sorry you didn't get to pull my strings for this one!!!!!

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/...lackawanna.pdf

Post HaHa

They go away on alot of trips together,ok andrea, if they went to san diego on a school board trip a few years back,if you need a report ,you should go to the school and get one, seeing that we want reports,why dont you give us a report on how you bettered the city when you were on the council, you stole the tax payers money is what it amounts to, You collected a pay check generated by taxes and fail to pay your own ,then to even slap the residents in the face even more you transfer your property to someone elses name so there is no chance of recovering what is owed, you are scam artist to say the least, did you ever get caught running drugs in the past? please elaborate.
    How about tenants ,paying rent and living in filth, thatwould be something to be real proud of , or how about selling bootleg cds out of a cover up mom and pop store. thats something to be proud of!

"living in filth" ?---"Paying rent?---- Did you ever stop to think it was their own filth? I never forced anybody to live anywhere----please tell me how I could accomplish that one.
    They wouldn't have even eaten some days if I did not give them help.
    "bootleg cds"???----I am so electronically challenged I do not know how to make a CD, please.
    "run drugs in the past"?--This one takes the cake, don't you think my opponents and enemies would have brought this to light long ago---show me your facts, please.
    "cover up mom and pop store"??? And we were there over 9 years!? Please elaborate on this one----my gosh, you'd think "I" was running for School Board! Boy am "I" important!

Post You are right, WE all have to answer to someone bigger than us someday-Glad u get it

Andrea ,you open your mouth again, and again you have no clue on what your talking about,you just talk to hear yourself talk and draw attention to your pathetic self.
    First off they went on one trip together and it wa s not to San Diego it was to NYC to the New York States School Board Convention Association, something they belonged to when they were on the board. Maybe you should go somewhere to get versed on your duties/job, oh i forgot you dont have a job your an able bodied American who collects welfare! Oh let me guess your handicapped too, I dont think so, but you sure use that handicapped parking pass to get your fat lazy ass as close to the door as possible!
    You are a hypooo cryt, slanderous ,evil doeer that will have to answer to someone bigger than any of us someday.

And yes jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your an idiot!
    Boy am ""I"" getting to you---obviously you need some time out, put yourself in the corner. You are calling me an "idiot"---come out from the darkness and talk to me face to face, I really want to discuss my personal life with you, you are so fascinated with me!

By the way, my handicapped Mother Dorothy wants to talk to you about HER handicap parking pass----the way you guys stalk me don't you think the LPD would have gotten me on this too?! Please.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why are you skipping over the nice plumbing job Lisa's husband got from John.17 grand 145 an hour its all in the audit. No bids, no estimate, no accountability. You guys do a lot for friends and violated 5 procedures just on this one alone.The audit started in 2006 and ended with 2008. Don't put bits and peices out there out of context put the whole damn thing.The audit that is and not the Buffalo News/Front Page article. Wasn't Fran Warthling on audit committee? Might be reason why we have problems?
    If you check your so called facts you would see that john was not on the board when roys plumbing did work at the schools . So what if otis a union plumber worked for roys he got paid by roys plumbing not the schools. Facts are facts not what you wanna believe!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Boy am ""I"" getting to you---obviously you need some time out, put yourself in the corner. You are calling me an "idiot"---come out from the darkness and talk to me face to face, I really want to discuss my personal life with you, you are so fascinated with me!

By the way, my handicapped Mother Dorothy wants to talk to you about HER handicap parking pass----the way you guys stalk me don't you think the LPD would have gotten me on this too?! Please.
    The only person fascinated with you is guess who ? YOU!! I have personally seen you at Tim hortons and save a lot parking in handicapped spots with Noone else in the car! Twist your story anyway you want, next time ill be sure to take a picture.

The only person fascinated with you is guess who ? YOU!! I have personally seen you at Tim hortons and save a lot parking in handicapped spots with Noone else in the car! Twist your story anyway you want, next time ill be sure to take a picture.
    Glancing through these posts the last couple of days it appears that YOU Lackawanna #1 is the one with a fascination for Andrea! Thank you for the humor!

Post Save-A-Lot not, "save a lot"!

I really need you to talk to my Mother---she lives at 3273 South Park Avenue since 1969, Please go talk to her about her shopping trips, PLeaseeeeeeeeee!

She is really looking forward to hearing from you.

As far as Tim Horton's and Save-A-lot, you might have seen me at Save-A-Lot sitting in the car because my Mother made me park there with her handicap pass so I could rush to get her as soon as she came out. Tim Horton's YOU are a complete liar!
    My Mother was parking in the handicap spot using her qualified, earned pass--I was just her driver. Grabbing at straws--and I am getting a good laugh over your lame attempt to discredit me. Go worry about the kids on Weber playing in the street now that the City ripped their playground out from under them! Please!
    The way polanski and his twins are out to get me don't you think someone would have called on me if I was parked anywhere illegally? Keep it real, #1.

You're right---take a picture next time, it lasts longer!

NYS DMV - (Brochure) Parking for the DisabledIt is also a misdemeanor under the NYS Penal Law (Section 210.45) www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c34.htm - Cached - Similar
    A permit is issued to any person with a qualifying disability. This enables the permit may be used in any vehicle in which that person is riding.

Got Andrea?
    Last edited by andreahaxton; May 11th, 2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

If you check your so called facts you would see that john was not on the board when roys plumbing did work at the schools . So what if otis a union plumber worked for roys he got paid by roys plumbing not the schools. Facts are facts not what you wanna believe!
    Read the audit if you know how to. It wasn't bisd out itemized or anything legal. Was done in 2006-2007 so yes he was on the board and Otis did it. Union plumber whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I really need you to talk to my Mother---she lives at 3273 South Park Avenue since 1969, Please go talk to her about her shopping trips, PLeaseeeeeeeeee!

She is really looking forward to hearing from you.

As far as Tim Horton's and Save-A-lot, you might have seen me at Save-A-Lot sitting in the car because my Mother made me park there with her handicap pass so I could rush to get her as soon as she came out. Tim Horton's YOU are a complete liar!
    My Mother was parking in the handicap spot using her qualified, earned pass--I was just her driver. Grabbing at straws--and I am getting a good laugh over your lame attempt to discredit me. Go worry about the kids on Weber playing in the street now that the City ripped their playground out from under them! Please!
    The way polanski and his twins are out to get me don't you think someone would have called on me if I was parked anywhere illegally? Keep it real, #1.

You're right---take a picture next time, it lasts longer!

NYS DMV - (Brochure) Parking for the DisabledIt is also a misdemeanor under the NYS Penal Law (Section 210.45) www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c34.htm - Cached - Similar
    A permit is issued to any person with a qualifying disability. This enables the permit may be used in any vehicle in which that person is riding.

Got Andrea?
    OK Andrea, you do not think for one minute that any sane person is going to believe that your mother made you park in a handicapped spot while she went in the store, Why wouldnt you drop her off at the door, so she wouldnt have to walk from the car and then park in one of the other 400 spots, let me guess, it takes 3 seconds longer to get to the door from there!That has to be the dumbest answer I ever heard!
    I bet your mom wont let you pay your taxes either!

Dear Dennis the puppet, If you dont know what your talking about just shut up! Maybe uncle tony can put it out there for you!

Updated: October 17, 2009, 9:03 am /
    Published: October 17, 2009, 12:30 am
    Story tools:
    LargerSmallerSave
    Print
    Email
    Get Alerts
    Newsletters NEWShare this story:
    Buzz up!
    Lackawanna School Board members ignored recommendations from a consultant and an internal auditor to tighten financial controls and purchasing, a report from the state comptroller’s office said.

As a result, $168,996 in questionable separation payments were made to four staff members who retired, and as much as $28,000 could have been overpaid for unused leave time, the audit by the office of State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli found.

The School Board, the audit also concludes, failed to establish and monitor payroll, purchasing and payment policies, and did not ensure the district’s audit committee properly performed its advisory and oversight duties.

In its response letter, the district did not dispute the audit’s findings but said action already has been taken on the state’s recommendations.

“It is the district’s goal to ensure strong and consistent internal controls,” Superintendent Frederick A. Wille and board President Patricia Bryniarski said in the letter.

The steps taken include implementing an up-to-date accounting and payroll system, having the new internal claims auditor take a more active approach and receive training, hiring an assistant superintendent for business charged with improving procedures in the business office through training, improving payroll and employee attendance practices and having the audit committee meet regularly and report to the board.

The audit said the board allowed its finance consultant to calculate separation payments of almost $169,000 to four employees, but the method used was not supported by employee contracts. Another seven employees used vacation and sick time in a questionable manner, but the district did not request documentation and the employees could have been overpaid by $28,000.

A number of bills that were paid did not have proper preapprovals or documentation. State auditors looked at 132 claims and found one or more deficiencies in 86 percent of the cases, totaling $675,000.

“Without an effective claims audit process, particularly when controls over purchasing are poor, the district lacks a critical control designed to identify and prevent the unnecessary or improper expenditure of taxpayer moneys,” the audit states.

bobrien@buffnews.com
    Here is the whole article Mr mulqueen
    Dear Lackawanna 1,
    I suggest you look up the definition of the word puppet because it is obvious you do not know the meaning of it.There are a lot of them in this city but I am not one of them. I don't believe everything I read in the Buffalo News like you do apparently. I research my information and get it right from the source the state audit itself.What the Buffalo News printed is a bunch of gibberish that doesn't make sense unless the whole thing is in front of you. Not that you would comprehend it anyways. I believe the board would have consulted with its business manager and its attorney before it made any payouts. If so the legal and buisness advice they recieved was wrong obviously. If they went against their advice which I am sure you will say then it would be a board problem.

Post Stooping, And Grasping now, are we?! On your Knees --hahaha! You are so.... funny!

OK Andrea, you do not think for one minute that any sane person is going to believe that your mother made you park in a handicapped spot while she went in the store, Why wouldnt you drop her off at the door, so she wouldnt have to walk from the car and then park in one of the other 400 spots, let me guess, it takes 3 seconds longer to get to the door from there!That has to be the dumbest answer I ever heard!
    I bet your mom wont let you pay your taxes either!
    Call Ken Moytyka, at 827-6417-----I am sure he will discuss the Handicap Tag Law with you. Unless, maybe YOU are......... Be very careful--one never knows when a financial tragedy can strike them and their family. And Moytyka was a School Board member for quite awile----let him explain his accomplishments when you have your visit.

#1, I have been wanting to let you know this for awhile, that, I am embarrassed for you regarding your immature nonsense attempt to create a diversion of what we should be talking about on this thread. I know it will be hard but , try to get over me---counseling will help.

You know so much about both the City and Schools that I believe YOU work for the City and your wife for the School. Maybe you snag a check for yourself from both.

Do you have any ideas instead of using all your time thinking of me? This thread is about School Trustee candidates----not for the wanna-bee around Andrea award.

I bet you don't even take a Senior or Parent anywhere.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a true mental diagnosis for people who need admiration, lack empathy and have a grandiose sense of their self-importance.

It is called a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy and behavior, and usually begins by early adulthood and it presents itself in a variety of symptoms. To achieve this diagnosis, a person presents five or more of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement--unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative--takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudesSymptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

•Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
    •Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
    •Has feelings of self-importance
    •Exaggerates achievements and talents
    •Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
    •Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
    •Requires constant attention and admiration
    •Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
    •Has obsessive self-interest
    •Pursues mainly selfish goals

Yes counseling may help, go get it, maybe you can get a group rate!
    Last edited by lackawanna #1; May 11th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Post Enough!

Ouch! I must have hit something with my last posts---you certainly had to use one of your life-lines on that one!
    Just kidding, but--enough already. Not that I can't consider the source and keep the battle up, but I know the other users are sick over all the bs. Enough, ok, #1 ? Think whatever you want about me. The health of "the blog" is more important than these off-the-subject posts.

Cyberstalking
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit
    Jump to: navigation, search
    “Wikistalker” redirects here. For cyberstalking as it pertains to Wikipedia, see Wikipedia:Harassment#Wikihounding.

Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk or harass an individual, a group of individuals, or an organization. It may include false accusations, monitoring, making threats, identity theft, damage to data or equipment, the solicitation of minors for sex, or gathering information in order to harass. The definition of "harassment" must meet the criterion that a reasonable person, in possession of the same information, would regard it as sufficient to cause another reasonable person distress.[1]

HideWikipedia's getting a new look Learn more
    Insanity
    From Wikipedia

In English, the word "sane" derives from the Latin adjective sanus meaning "healthy". The phrase "mens sana in corpore sano" is often translated to mean a "healthy mind in a healthy body". From this perspective, insanity can be considered as poor health of the mind, not necessarily of the brain as an organ (although that can affect mental health), but rather refers to defective function of mental processes such as reasoning.

I wish to call a truce---I have no time for this nonsense, none of us do. You hate me, so leave it at that. The rest is up to you. Please do not read my posts--nor respond from here on out. And "I" will do the same. Thank You, Respectfully, Andrea

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a true mental diagnosis for people who need admiration, lack empathy and have a grandiose sense of their self-importance.

It is called a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy and behavior, and usually begins by early adulthood and it presents itself in a variety of symptoms. To achieve this diagnosis, a person presents five or more of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement--unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative--takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudesSymptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

•Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
    •Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
    •Has feelings of self-importance
    •Exaggerates achievements and talents
    •Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
    •Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
    •Requires constant attention and admiration
    •Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
    •Has obsessive self-interest
    •Pursues mainly selfish goals

Yes counseling may help, go get it, maybe you can get a group rate!
    Thank you! You just described Norm Polanski to a "T"!!

Lollollol

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information