Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish Fry

fish fry

uncle joes in hamburg is a great little joint. the burgers are fantastic, frys are done just right and they have great shakes. for a good fish fry try my little margies in depew, the pine lounge in cowlesville, and the olive tree in lancaster.wieceks(?) in buffalo is great. it is a known fact that most corner restaurant/bars have the best fish ever. we are so lucky because in most any other city in the country they dont have fish frys, you have to go to a chain or make it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy A
    uncle joes in hamburg is a great little joint. the burgers are fantastic, frys are done just right and they have great shakes. for a good fish fry try my little margies in depew, the pine lounge in cowlesville, and the olive tree in lancaster.wieceks(?) in buffalo is great. it is a known fact that most corner restaurant/bars have the best fish ever. we are so lucky because in most any other city in the country they dont have fish frys, you have to go to a chain or make it at home.
    The Olive Tree does fish fries? I have not been there for some time, but I love their spanakopeta. Wiecheks is great, you ask for a Pepsi and they bring out a little glass and a can of Pepsi. The fish is so big it hangs over the ends of the plate. It seems the dumpier looking the place, the better the food.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta13
    It seems the dumpier looking the place, the better the food.
    That is so true!
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

I wonder if it is a Buffalo thing. You see a rundown corner bar/restaurant that looks like it should be torn down, the parking lot is jammed with cars and there is a line out the door for the Friday fish fry.

Davidsons in Lakewood NY in Chautauqua County
    I'm still trying to find one as good up here in the Buffalo area
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Plug, plug and more plugs

I will have to plug my firends place....Otto's, Otto's and more Otto's Yep ! Joe and Lynn have a good fish fry and the good thing about it you can have a fish fry any time during the week. Its not just sold on fridays.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    I will have to plug my firends place....Otto's, Otto's and more Otto's Yep ! Joe and Lynn have a good fish fry and the good thing about it you can have a fish fry any time during the week. Its not just sold on fridays.
    You are right! But then, all of Otto's food is great. Killer lasagna! Huge wings! I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal there.

La Marina on Hertel has an excellent fish fry. Also, the seafood chowder, avaliable only on friday, is out of this world.
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Personally, I like the fish fry at Brennan's Bowery Bar. I heard that the fish fry is also good at the Crow's Nest in Getzville and Brunners in Eggertsville.
    Haven't tried either but will make a point of it this summer.

I never thought to try Brennans for fish. They do make a great shepherd's pie...

I had the fish fry at the Buffalo Raceway Club House, not bad, not bad at all. Also won a couple bucks playing the horses.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldo
    Personally, I like the fish fry at Brennan's Bowery Bar. I heard that the fish fry is also good at the Crow's Nest in Getzville and Brunners in Eggertsville.
    Haven't tried either but will make a point of it this summer.
    I'm glad you said that - I had the fish fry there - Brennan's that is - (for lunch) about a week and a half ago, and it was outstanding!! I would also heartily recommend it! (We sat a table away from Tom Golisano - If I'd been thinking a little more quickly, I would have picked up his check, just for the fun of it...)

Someone mentioned Otto's - is that the place on Union Rd.?

Another place that I'm told is good is the Valley Inn on Main St in Clarence!

In many other cities in the US, it's tough to find a good restaurant, let alone a decent fish fry. Here, we have the opposite problem - there are so darn many great places to go fora fish fry, it's tough to make a decision as to where to go!!
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Imperial on Abbott Road has a fantastic fish fry. The fish is always juuuuuuuust crispy enough. I don't even need to use a fork. I start off with one, then realize it's more fun to eat it with my hands.
    THe same cannot be said for the macaroni salad that comes with it. It tastes fine, I just can't eat it with my hands.

Question

How about Troop 1 Post, on Franklin St? It's been about 20 years since we were there; anyone been there recently? I note that it still ranks in the Best WNY Fish Fries ...

Quote Originally Posted by Edisonic
    How about Troop 1 Post, on Franklin St? It's been about 20 years since we were there; anyone been there recently? I note that it still ranks in the Best WNY Fish Fries ...
    Been there for lunch in the last month and had the fish sandwich (same thing really, but not as much food as the full fishfry)--it was very good! Checked out The Viking on Tonawanda in Black Rock after seeing it on Buffalo Rising, I think, and it was quite good also (although they don't have a liquor license yet which is a bummer as beer is essential to a proper fishfry).
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information