Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    Hoak's on Rt. 5 didn't close, Godzilla. Hoak's Armor Inn in Armor did.
    Thanks Stevenco! That's good news - I always enjoyed eating there.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Uncle Joe's

By the way, has anyone on this thread ever eaten at Uncle Joe's in Hamburg? I've been past there many times and never even noticed it before. The only reason I noticed it last week was that I went to a banquet at Michael's Banquet Hall, which is right next door.
    It look like a pretty cool place. They have a menu online, which also looks inviting. Just curious...
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    By the way, has anyone on this thread ever eaten at Uncle Joe's in Hamburg? I've been past there many times and never even noticed it before. The only reason I noticed it last week was that I went to a banquet at Michael's Banquet Hall, which is right next door.
    It look like a pretty cool place. They have a menu online, which also looks inviting. Just curious...

Uncle Joe's has been there a long time. It's been remodelled recently (this decade).

The theme is 1950's. I was only there once about a year ago or so and the food was average, so I can't comment. You're rep power is zero, Godzilla. Time to smash a few buildings.

Uncle Joe's has been there a long time. It's been remodelled recently (this decade).

The theme is 1950's. I was only there once about a year ago or so and the food was average, so I can't comment. You're rep power is zero, Godzilla. Time to smash a few buildings.
    It's funny that you mention rep power - I just noticed it the last time I logged in (I don't recall seeing it before).
    At the risk of sounding stupid, what the heck is rep power anyway?????

Instead of smashing buildings, maybe I'll just kick me a little Megalon butt (again)! (Anyone seen him around lately?)

At the risk of sounding stupid, what the heck is rep power anyway?????
    That question does not sound stupid, Godzilla. The only thing stupid about that question is the two words, "rep power".

To answer your question, it's a bong resin induced idea that the admin. came up with. And he claims to be busy....rep power....yeah....okay.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

We had a good fish fry at Wiecheks(sp) on Clinton near Bailey.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

That question does not sound stupid, Godzilla. The only thing stupid about that question is the two words, "rep power".

To answer your question, it's a bong resin induced idea that the admin. came up with. And he claims to be busy....rep power....yeah....okay.
    That's kinda what I figured... A kind of, "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" thing? Sounds kinda pointless and arbitrary though...

OK, I give up. Where did "rep power" go???? I was just going to try and increase someones (pointlessly and arbitrarily of course).

Nothing beats coming back to the cottage from a day of fishing knowing your inland trout, after being in the smoker all day, is ready for consumption.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OK, I give up. Where did "rep power" go???? I was just going to try and increase someones (pointlessly and arbitrarily of course).
    It was turned off once we went through all the important items we had to do with the server upgrade and vbull upgrade.

The rep power would of been something fun to play with but we turned it off before configuring it and seeing exactly how it worked.

I just had a fish fry on friday from Wegman's. It was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    It was turned off once we went through all the important items we had to do with the server upgrade and vbull upgrade.

The rep power would of been something fun to play with but we turned it off before configuring it and seeing exactly how it worked.
    Thanks for the explanation - I thought I was finally losing it...
    By the way, can I lodge a request? Is there any way that you (or someone) can place a logout button somewhere within (or maybe at the top of) each thread page? This would be SO much more convenient than having to go all the way to the bottom of the "Speak Up WNY" index page to log out. (unless of course I'm missing something, which is as always, a distinct possibility).

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat
    I just had a fish fry on friday from Wegman's. It was excellent.
    Good to know, but no surprise there! Most of Wegman's food is awesome.

2 other places just came to mind... The Buffalo Yacht Club (I think you need to be or be with a member), and the Chief's (CPO?) Club right down the street from the BYC. (Both on Porter Ave).
    Both of these make an excellent fish fry!

Never Mind!!

OK, WNYresident, as irrefutable proof that I've lost my mind, I'd like to recall my last post (where I asked for the logout options). I just now noticed it at the top of the thread page.
    Sorry about that!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Your fine

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information