Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News article

News article

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/1...-the-line.html

Read this article, sit back and think of the police officers that work for the City of Lackawanna. How are they hired? Why are they hired? Look at ALL of the connections. And after they are hired, let's appoint their father to the Lackawanna Ethics Board! One hand washing the other over there? Place an individual that you know won't go against what City Hall wants! Yep, welcome to Lackawanna-----ONLY in Lackawanna. Really, people think about it! Disgusting and then you wonder why your city is the way it is??

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can't have family members on boards that would have to do with ethics.. That's like the fox guarding the hen house.

Why not? They have employees, brothers and relatives all the time on their boards in Lackawanna. They even have the same people sitting on more than one board. Talk about "lack" of ethics! Wonder why the laughter shines on good old LA? Tell me WNYresident....how can the city attorney be the city attorney and sit on the Lackawanna Municipal Housing Board? CONTROL is what it amounts to in Lackawanna. Control, bottom line.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If the voters are too lazy to do anything about deal with the crap you have.

The voters get strong-armed too! They TELL you how you are to vote. Last time I checked it was MY right to vote for who I wanted, not for whom I was TOLD.

WNY, I moved from that city years ago.I was tired of dealing with the same old thing, same people. They won't change. Doesn't benefit them.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You can't have family members on boards that would have to do with ethics.. That's like the fox guarding the hen house.
    Thats what I have been saying at appointment time during council meetings. These guys just don't get it. They just don't like to be accountable.

If the voters are too lazy to do anything about deal with the crap you have.
    Voters in Lackawanna never get the truth just what the locals want them to hear.

Mr Mulqueen, I pushed you with people I know in the city. You stand for the truth and the people. That alone makes you odd man out in lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    Mr Mulqueen, I pushed you with people I know in the city. You stand for the truth and the people. That alone makes you odd man out in lackawanna
    Of course it does! It makes me the odd man out just about anywhere. All I want is change for the benifit of the people. I could care less about lining my bank account or a job for myself and family.

See, that is what Lackawanna needs, someone like you!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    See, that is what Lackawanna needs, someone like you!

Actually you guys need more than just him. You need a team focused on rebuilding your community and purging the people who are currently ****ting on your community. Call it what it is. Technically they can. They are following the law's in place. Face it, most people do not care what hardships they put others thru.

News article

I heard an interesting program the other day on the radio talking about "professional" politicians - people who start out getting into politics to change or improve something. Then, over time, the political office with the title, the many perks, the power, and the emotional/psychological "high" of being involved in the political arena becomes the main focus. Pretty soon, the politician is now spending all his energy, time, and money trying to STAY IN OFFICE. The focus quickly drifts from the original purpose (change, etc.) and now becomes KEEPING THAT POLITICAL POSITION. That's why we need NEW faces with NEW ideas and DIFFERENT perspectives to be elected into office...be it the School Board, City Hall, the police department, etc. That's why we need NON FAMILY MEMBERS and NO MORE POLITICAL FAVORS to be elected or appointed into office. Even on a farm, cattlemen know enough to keep introducing new stock to prevent IN-BREEDING of their herds! Political IN-BREEDING is the same thing...after a couple generations, the damage is obvious.

Talking Facts!

I was told back in 2005 when I was running for First Ward Councilperson that, " You will NEVER get elected because you will not play
    ball ".
    Hmmm.......
    Actually, when I first got on the Council there was not even an Ethics Board so we were out of compliance on our own City Code/Law. So I questioned it.
    "The Mayor " sends down a Council agenda item stating the 5 people HE picked to be on the Board. If you check the CODE, you will see that the Board members are a Council appointment--NOT just rubber stamp what the Mayor wants. I argued and argued that it was up to the Council--BUT the boys did their usual and, cowed to the 'the king"!

I am still waiting for a reply from the Lackawanna Ethics Board on an inside deal that they tried to get me to sign onto when I was on the Lackawanna City Council. AND-- I was advised from Albany to do this.
    The boys play musical chairs and keep inter-changing the same group of political cronies on the mandated City Boards every time a new favor is owed.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    I heard an interesting program the other day on the radio talking about "professional" politicians - people who start out getting into politics to change or improve something. Then, over time, the political office with the title, the many perks, the power, and the emotional/psychological "high" of being involved in the political arena becomes the main focus. Pretty soon, the politician is now spending all his energy, time, and money trying to STAY IN OFFICE. The focus quickly drifts from the original purpose (change, etc.) and now becomes KEEPING THAT POLITICAL POSITION. That's why we need NEW faces with NEW ideas and DIFFERENT perspectives to be elected into office...be it the School Board, City Hall, the police department, etc. That's why we need NON FAMILY MEMBERS and NO MORE POLITICAL FAVORS to be elected or appointed into office. Even on a farm, cattlemen know enough to keep introducing new stock to prevent IN-BREEDING of their herds! Political IN-BREEDING is the same thing...after a couple generations, the damage is obvious.
    It is also called caving, OR protecting your own assets, OR settling, OR no morals, OR no back-bone, OR COMPROMISING YOUR OWN VALUES! Hm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information