Thread: Lancaster water mains and asbestos pipes

Lancaster water mains and asbestos pipes

This thinking is totally full of junk science. This is the same vapid "logic" that keeps that whore Erin Brockovich in Ferraris and Dow-Corning, uh, accessories.

Oh, so some guy on Central Ave got cancer? Gee. There's a shock.

Before I get into this, does anybody have anything to back up what is boldfaced? Start with a peer-reviewed study that shows ingesting asbestos causes cancer. The fracture still requires inhalation- drinking it ain't gonna do diddly.

Until that's produced, keep MY taxes away from your ignorance, OK?

Link

From Lee's commentary:

Commentary

All along there has been a section of asbestos lined pipe, now there isn’t, but if there were it would have to be fractured to become a potential health hazard. Regardless of which side of the conundrum you favor, public safety is of primary concern. To hold the resident accountable for providing the burden of proof is counter to the town’s commitment for protecting the community’s health and welfare.

This resident had brought the issue of replacing the asbestos line before the Board several times in the past. On one occasion, former Town Engineer Robert Labenski had responded that water flowing through the asbestos pipe that feeds a large segment of the Town was safe. (So, the existence of the asbestos pipe was acknowledged)

During the resident's commentary Monday night at the public hearing, Town Engineering Consultant Robert Harris interjected, saying to the effect that the Erie County Water Authority reported that there was no asbestos pipe along Central Avenue. (So, the existence of the pipe is denied)

When the resident cited health issues within the area served by the alleged asbestos pipe, the Town Attorney’s comment was, "Prove it."

Shouldn't one find it strange that the very existence of asbestos lined pipe is now being denied at this late date and that the burden of proof regarding any possible public health hazard is being placed on the citizenry instead of those responsible for our safety? Or, one has to ask whether the asbestos lined pipe was discretely replaced during road, etc. construction?

Regardless, if such pipe does exist, its existence should be acknowledged and it’s health hazard potential mitigated. Asbestos transite pipes, which have been used underground to transport water to the home and in some flue pipes, may pose a health problem problem.

Transite is an asbestos–containing cement material that deteriorates over time. As the transite deteriorates, asbestos fibers can be released from the interior of the pipe into the drinking water flowing through the pipe. Therefore, it needs not only to be fractured to be considered a potential health risk.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    This thinking is totally full of junk science. This is the same vapid "logic" that keeps that whore Erin Brockovich in Ferraris and Dow-Corning, uh, accessories.

Oh, so some guy on Central Ave got cancer? Gee. There's a shock.
    This coming from Homer Simpson who insists DirecTV sucks....
    I think all those colors from the video games have affected your perception on many things.

Before I get into this, does anybody have anything to back up what is boldfaced?
    Do you have proof to the contrary??
    If you have a significant number of people getting ill within a certain area, then the area needs to be scrutinized.

Start with a peer-reviewed study that shows ingesting asbestos causes cancer. The fracture still requires inhalation- drinking it ain't gonna do diddly.
    Not necessarily Mr. Science major

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer
    This coming from Homer Simpson who insists DirecTV sucks....
    I think all those colors from the video games have affected your perception on many things.
    Shallow thinking on your part if you think the two are related, scholar-boy...then again, you've already demonstrated that shallow thinking defines yours pretty nicely.

Let me ask you this- without using Google- do you know what the Raleigh criteria is? You wanna discuss optics, well, I'm more than willing.

If you have a significant number of people getting ill within a certain area, then the area needs to be scrutinized.
    Will I be subject to another silly rant about crap that you know nothing about, then later dismiss because, well, the content sucks 'anyway'?

If you're concerned that people get cancer in a certain area, well, join the club. If you're concerned that people get cancer in a certain area, and don't bother to check the frequency of occurrances in similar areas, well, that's another story altogether. But not to people like you. So dig deep on google, find a quote from Erin Brockovich, Lois Gibbs, or some other litigation whore, maybe a page on chemtrails, homeopathy, Penta water, whatever. I'm looking forward to your latest findings.

Not necessarily Mr. Science major
    Speaking of science, ever hear of the scientific method? You've NO peer-reviewed evidence- NONE- to quote here. Like I said before, anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Lightbulb

Colossus, you are correct - 'asbestos' (which describes many minerals) is only harmful when airborne & inhaled for an extended time. We could make asbestos tea every day, without being harmed. (We eat asbestos materials in every slice of bread, believe it)

The asbestos fear is hyped-up BS, very profitable for the "remediation" frauds.

Thread Information