Thread: Town Clerk Situation

Question Town Clerk Situation

No rumors, please, but has anybody heard just what this is about? I have for a long time regretted that the Town Republicans run things with impunity but I find this quite hard to believe. I'm also wondering about the Town Board member who was for years her deputy and would/should have been in a position to know and now serves in an oversight/managerial capacity.
    And here's a question for all of you election law experts: As this person was just reelected will she be allowed to take her new oath of office to begin her new term January 1st?
    Probably not enough money to worry about, but should this be true it strikes me as very, very sad.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have for a long time regretted that the Town Republicans run things with impunity but I find this quite hard to believe.

It has nothing to do with being rep or dem. It's the person.

I am not 100% sure but I believe that if they have sufficient proof to have her removed now and they do remove her she will be able to take office January 1. If however, they wait until after January 1 to remove her she will be gone and they would have to make arrangements to replace her by appointment or special election.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

There is much more going on in the Town Hall than most of the people of Alden know about. I think that some of these elected officials are corrupt and have been for years. There is a certain group that have controlled what is happening there. Why is the tax collector doing the town clerks job and why does the supervisor's secretary need help doing her job that she is being paid big money. It seems that someone has been working full time to help her. I say thank God that the downsizing went through in Alden. Who would have believe that in a Good Old Boys town, that the rest of us said enough. Whoever leaked this story about Dorothy may have opened a can of worms for other officials. Let's just say that some of us know the real stories around this town and maybe now is the time to tell them all.

Thread Information