View Poll Results: Which coffee do you line up for.

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Horton's

20 44.44%
  • Dunkin'

5 11.11%
  • Starbucks

6 13.33%
  • Spot

2 4.44%
  • Macdonald's

1 2.22%
  • My preference isn't listed.

11 24.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which coffee rings your bell?

Eight O'Clock Coffee is my favorite for the morning. I've been ordering my "dessert coffee" from Peet's because the coffee at local places (Blue Mountain, Elizabeth's) seem stale and weak.

Also, if you like tea, www.inpursuitoftea.com has great prices on some of the more exotic stuff like Jasmine Pearls...

Timmy Ho's

I don't drink coffee, I like Tea.

I usually make my own. I think it tastes better that way. But when I stop someplace on the run, I'll head to Tim Horton's. The guy played for the Sabres so you know his coffee's delicious.

Not that anyone cares, but this is how I see the Tim Horton's vs. Dunkin thing. I gave this much thought today while driving down the Thruway and trying to secure the to go lid tab open on my T.H. coffee cup. OK, Timmy's coffee is pretty good albeit weaker, and not as hot, as Dunkin. Timmy's cups aren't well engineered; Dunkin's are superior in that they are far more substantial and the lid can safely be secured to remain open. HOWEVER, Dunkin's lids emit a faint plastic odor and I must say that the plastic smell interferes with the taste of the coffee, for me.Has anyone else noticed this? So, it's basically a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    Not that anyone cares, but this is how I see the Tim Horton's vs. Dunkin thing. I gave this much thought today while driving down the Thruway and trying to secure the to go lid tab open on my T.H. coffee cup. OK, Timmy's coffee is pretty good albeit weaker, and not as hot, as Dunkin. Timmy's cups aren't well engineered; Dunkin's are superior in that they are far more substantial and the lid can safely be secured to remain open. HOWEVER, Dunkin's lids emit a faint plastic odor and I must say that the plastic smell interferes with the taste of the coffee, for me.Has anyone else noticed this? So, it's basically a toss up.
    Actually, styrofoam really ruins it for me. I know exactly where you are coming from....

I liked dunkin's coffee because their cream tasted ridiculously good. That, and they had the best chocolate croissants on the planet. I havent eaten one of their crappy doughnuts since they got rid of the croissants..

Can your coffee do this?

The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Unregistered
    well, no one can accuse you of being off topic this time, Stevenco

PS ... Love the pic .. hehehehe

Best lid for

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun

. . . your coffee is at Wegman's. The white lid is the one to look for has a sliding closer on it, works great.
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

I first head for Timmies, if that's not available or I'm running late, I'll look next for a Dunkin. What I like from Starbucks is the chai tea frapachino (sp)with a shot of vanilla.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

As I get older, I've really taken a shining to vanilla in general, particularly with cooking. I've got a bean steeping in a bottle of Cap't Morgan's as we speak.

The beans are outrageously overpriced if you buy in the wrong place- Wegman's hits you up for like $9 each! Online, you can get maybe 30-35 beans for that price. If anybody wants the link, let me know.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

I love black tea, Tazio "Awake" is my favorite...but once in awhile I'll buy coffee beans ands grind them fresh - 8 o'clock original blend or hazelnut! very mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Crisco Kid

. . . your coffee is at Wegman's. The white lid is the one to look for has a sliding closer on it, works great.
    YES!! I know. I love that. One caveat; you have to make sure that the opening doesn't match the cup seam, or you'll have coffee down the front of you--I know, I've been there, very embarrassing.

We get our coffee from Rogers Family Company in Oakland (CA) and it is UPS'd to us here. It averages $8 per pound. We keep the beans frozen until we grind them in our Braun blade grinder and them blend them in a Bodum press for 10-15 min.

Our favorite blends are called 'breakfast blend' and 'Arthur's blend'.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

MacDonalds? Hmmm

I prefer "Its a Grind"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information