Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
I own a gun. I'm not stupid and think I can take somebody who has the drop on me.

I am also aware that when I point a gun at something, I am intending on killing my target. Not to scare them.

Man, you should join spec ops. We need an army of super ninjas like you. Just think, you could show them spec ops how to do things. It would be awesome! You and your buddies should all join as instructors.

Go ahead. Call me what you like. You're the one who has already (more or less) claimed you are a super ninja, capable of stopping bullets in mid-air, and able to overtake any opponent that faces you.

Me, I know my limits. Burglar wants my wallet and has a gun pointed at me? Well, he can have my wallet. It's easy to cancel my credit cards.

Burglar in my house, well, I'm not going to be grabbing my gun, try to load it, and then, in a half-sleeping state, attempt to aim and keep a perp under control.

I'll just creep on him, and wail on him with either my Louisville Slugger or my machete I keep in secure place. I'll either crush a skull, or sever a neck.
choosing a bat or machete over a 9 mm in a easily accessible pistol safe makes absolutely no sense to me. Please help me understand that logic.

I'm sorry but if there are a variety of weapons on the table and I am unsure of someones intent possibly to kill me..... rock, bat, knife, handgun....

can't find any logic where a gun is trumped,, unless you like close calls...