Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
WHich witness says "I didn't see him threaten anyone while he was in the shooters house".

Just being in the house is a threat. Simple as that. Don't you read the paper when people are assaulted in their own homes? IF you can't say why you are standing in my living room in 5 seconds and I don't know you, your a threat.

You do know there are evil people out there. People that will rape your wife while others watch... Or slice you up and watch you die right in front of them. Why give them any chance to do so. Now I don't mean go target practice on someone because they are walking over your lawn.. Don't pull what I say so far out of context to try to make a valueless point.
Hm, just being in your house is justifiable for lethal force?

http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal....20_35.20.html

NY State has a weak castle defense standing. You have a duty to retreat, but are allowed the use of lethal force if you are directly being threatened.

I'm not taking what you said out of context. I'm applying it's proper context.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
But then you assaulted them. They could say they thought they saw smoke coming out of your home.. They went in your house and checked all your valuables to make sure they were safe and then the owner beat the crap out of them. THey were just being good citizens. WHy would you risk your families safety?
Again, read NYS Penal Law on the matter. Talk to a lawyer, see what they say. They'll explain NYS's castle doctrine, and maybe in better words than I can.