Thread: Save Big with Your Cell Phone

Unregistered

Save Big with Your Cell Phone

Posted by: Claudine Ewing, Reporter
    Collin Bishop, Special Projects Producer
    Created: 11/13/2006 5:18:47 PM
    Updated: 11/24/2006 11:53:00 AM

Monique Goard is shopping for her kitchen, but before she opens her wallet, she wants to know if she's getting the best deal.

"I do like to shop around to see who has the cheapest price," Goard said while shopping near Cleveland, Ohio.

In fact, comparison shopping for Monique and consumers everywhere just got a lot easier, courtesy of a new website called frucall.com. It's a free service that prices merchandise for you within seconds, and you don't even need to leave the store.

It's really pretty simple. Just dial the toll free number on your cell phone, punch in the bar code of the product you want to buy, and within seconds, you'll get a list of the prices and available websites.

We decided to put it the test and price a high end garbage disposal. We dialed 888-378-7467, and within seconds, an automated voice answered.
    We punched in the bar code and zip code, and in less than thirty seconds, had a variety of prices and websites.

Jacquelyn Eddie also loves a bargain, but wonders about hidden costs.

"My only concern is shipping, if it would be more to ship, I would go somewhere else," Eddie said.

More good news, the price of shipping is included.

Diane Roberto considered herself a traditional shopper, until she heard about this.

"I never thought I'd shop that way but I'm stating to get that way."

The service won't cost you anything, and the money you might save, priceless."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42760

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer

Posted by: Claudine Ewing, Reporter
    Collin Bishop, Special Projects Producer
    Created: 11/13/2006 5:18:47 PM
    Updated: 11/24/2006 11:53:00 AM

Monique Goard is shopping for her kitchen, but before she opens her wallet, she wants to know if she's getting the best deal.

"I do like to shop around to see who has the cheapest price," Goard said while shopping near Cleveland, Ohio.

In fact, comparison shopping for Monique and consumers everywhere just got a lot easier, courtesy of a new website called frucall.com. It's a free service that prices merchandise for you within seconds, and you don't even need to leave the store.

It's really pretty simple. Just dial the toll free number on your cell phone, punch in the bar code of the product you want to buy, and within seconds, you'll get a list of the prices and available websites.

We decided to put it the test and price a high end garbage disposal. We dialed 888-378-7467, and within seconds, an automated voice answered.
    We punched in the bar code and zip code, and in less than thirty seconds, had a variety of prices and websites.

Jacquelyn Eddie also loves a bargain, but wonders about hidden costs.

"My only concern is shipping, if it would be more to ship, I would go somewhere else," Eddie said.

More good news, the price of shipping is included.

Diane Roberto considered herself a traditional shopper, until she heard about this.

"I never thought I'd shop that way but I'm stating to get that way."

The service won't cost you anything, and the money you might save, priceless."

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=42760
    Someone is paying for that said service. Ok, you dial the number with your cell phone. Bingo they have your cell phone number because the service probably will not accept blocked calleer ID calls. Now you will be bombarded with text messages advertisments and what not......

No thanks. A little effort on one's part to bargain hunt is in itself a reward and a huge savings on aggravation.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer
    Someone is paying for that said service. Ok, you dial the number with your cell phone. Bingo they have your cell phone number because the service probably will not accept blocked calleer ID calls. Now you will be bombarded with text messages advertisments and what not......

No thanks. A little effort on one's part to bargain hunt is in itself a reward and a huge savings on aggravation.
    always the skeptic

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

I realize I am new, but ConcernedWNYer... you made some pretty egregious assumptions without ever validating or even giving the service a try, and I am not talking about trying it once, I mean several times. Fact is you gave up on something before you even tried it, and passed judgment very quickly based on nothing more than your imagination. I'll say this now and upfront, I am a POSITIVE person, and hope to find others on SUWNY if I am to continue to be part of this community.

I love the saying nothing ventured, nothing gained. So is the fact for so many in life who never tried anything, assuming failure, or they listened to others who are not successful and took their words and ran with it. Thank God, we've advanced societally and socially and technologically because of people who did TRY things, then helping to make them even better.

My glass is half full, not half empty, and thus is the fine line between those who are positive and those who are negative. Skeptics to me are people who are stuck on the fence. If anything is to happen, we need people OFF the fence.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Wecome to the message board a-new-voice

yeah...

Get rid of your cell phone, that will save you tons of money...hehehe
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer
    always the skeptic
    Not at all. I am for new innovative ways of doing things but I also have a variable called ulterior motive. You have to go through the bother of putting in a UPC number then call a number so they could tell you where to buy the product cheap....... Do you not think that there might be some ranking system at work where not all best deals are truly known?????? And again, telephone call to them data is being collected and used in some way.

Nope, some things are better doing it the old fashion way.

Geesh and people get all bent out of shape just because some database is online listing some personal information that is open to the public to begin with... Why the nerve of them people. Where did they get such information from??? Now I am going to have trouble sleeping at night

Cannot be selective......

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    Get rid of your cell phone, that will save you tons of money...hehehe
    The issue is not the Cell phone but now that you mention I have to call Sprint this week..... This is going to be fun. I got a thing in the mail that if I sign on for a 2 year plan from my now expired plan they will give me 10% discount........ Yea, Sprint has this thing subject to qaulifying service plans and they play that card well. My current plan is the $29.99 and I do not even come close to using the 300 minutes allotted per month. I have tried a few times to get a new phone at a discount but they say I need the $34.95 plan... H.E.L.L will freeze over before I give them $120 for a new basic, modern, Cell phone. I have been a customer of them for years and it is time long over due that they recognise my loyalty. It is the taxes and surcharges that get you on these Cell phones..... Even the Sprint representive said WOW NY is high one of the highest in fact..... Yea, no ****

Cell phones are a vanity item.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco

what do you know, we agree on something Stevenco hehehe
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Maybe 5 years ago that was true. Now every idiot and his step-brother have cell phones.

That just shows the increase in vanity.

Do you really

. . . buy one, get one free?
    "God's grace and mercy have brought you through. Quit acting as if you made it on your own." ~ T. D. Jakes

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a dilusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ~ Unknown

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

12/21/2012

I always say that about things I can't afford.

I don't. I had a cell phone. When it rang, I turned it off.
    I hate when people call me. I wish they had a plan where you could just dial out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information