Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th July Fireworks-Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

4th July Fireworks-Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates?

Who remembers the Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates about outdoor activities being canceled?

Don't take my word for it. Read what they mailed to us property owners.

No 4th of July Fireworks in Cheektowaga this year

CHEEKTOWAGA, NY-- A long standing holiday tradition will not take place in the Town of Cheektowaga this year.
    According to the town's Facebook page, there will be no fireworks at Town Park this 4th of July.
    Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski tells 2 On Your Side the organization that has run the festivities over the years, the Cheektowaga Patriotic Commission, has disbanded and so far, no one else has come forward to fill that void.
    However, Benczkowski says the town did budget $20,000 for other holiday events including food trucks and a concert by country artist Ricky Lee on July 3rd. The town's annual parade will be at noon on July 4 down Walden Avenue.
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/no-4t...year/451331309

Remember town board elections are on the way. Keep election people from the same group you'll continue to get the same results.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What was $20,000 dollars budgeted for?

We own the park right?

I don't think food trucks charge to come park. They make money by selling food.

Couldn't we get a Polka band for less than $20k?

https://www.facebook.com/Ricky-Lee-130171143659763/

Are we going to see the Cheektowaga Democratic Party candidates trying to get face time in the Parade?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What was $20,000 dollars budgeted for?

We own the park right?

I don't think food trucks charge to come park. They make money by selling food.

Couldn't we get a Polka band for less than $20k?

https://www.facebook.com/Ricky-Lee-130171143659763/

Are we going to see the Cheektowaga Democratic Party candidates trying to get face time in the Parade?
    Money for police and facilities overtime.

Keep out the ghetto, move it to losson park

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh did I get a mouthful on why the "patriotic" group disbanded... All members far as I know of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party "Social Club"....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Money for police and facilities overtime.

Keep out the ghetto, move it to losson park
    The police OT is another $25k on top of the $20,500.

The $20,500 which is still in the budget and earmarked for the patriotic commission (which was disbanded) to do as they saw fit for the 4th of July celebrations. I'm not positive but I would think some or all went towards the fireworks display.

Feel free to step up to the plate and plan next years 4th of July. The $20,500 is there and will more then likely be in the 2018 budget.

ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS contact Diane and tell her you will do it!!! No one did for this year and that is one reason for no fireworks.

Anyone who takes it over should consider modeling it after West Seneca Community days (which are this Weekend). Talk to their people that put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    The police OT is another $25k on top of the $20,500.

The $20,500 which is still in the budget and earmarked for the patriotic commission (which was disbanded) to do as they saw fit for the 4th of July celebrations. I'm not positive but I would think some or all went towards the fireworks display.

Feel free to step up to the plate and plan next years 4th of July. The $20,500 is there and will more then likely be in the 2018 budget.

ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS contact Diane and tell her you will do it!!! No one did for this year and that is one reason for no fireworks.

Anyone who takes it over should consider modeling it after West Seneca Community days (which are this Weekend). Talk to their people that put it together.
    Diane had some lame ass excuse last year too, I think Kristy Mazurek ran it eventually. If she doesn't want it anymore then the board should just can the whole thing and save money.

I just realized I think that was for the polish fest of some other festival at town park last year

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Diane had some lame ass excuse last year too, I think Kristy Mazurek ran it eventually. If she doesn't want it anymore then the board should just can the whole thing and save money.
    I will post up what I was told later today or tomorrow. I have work I have to finish up.

It was over having the PROPER insurance and how the "group" of people involved putting the event together was spending the $20k. If I heard correctly upwards of $8k spent on "member only" dinner, picnic and christmas party. I was also told and this simply can't be possible that some money was used to buy gift cards at BJ's and were giving to the members. This was going on for years. I think Jerry and Jim both who are board members while this practice was allowed explain why it was allowed under their watch. From what I was told this was going on since Mary was supervisor.

I will post up what I was told later today or tomorrow. I have work I have to finish up.

It was over having the PROPER insurance and how the "group" of people involved putting the event together was spending the $20k. If I heard correctly upwards of $8k spent on "member only" dinner, picnic and christmas party. I was also told and this simply can't be possible that some money was used to buy gift cards at BJ's and were giving to the members. This was going on for years. I think Jerry and Jim both who are board members while this practice was allowed explain why it was allowed under their watch. From what I was told this was going on since Mary was supervisor.
    Wouldn't there have been receipts for how the money was spent turned into the town board before the board approved the expenditure? They didn't just give $20,000 to a group of people and just say have at it, did they?

Georgia L Schlager

Patriotic Commission addresses July 4 participation

It has been an honor to serve this community for the past 40 years. We have been involved in numerous town events, including the War of 1812 parade and commemoration ceremonies, the Flag Day concert, the Independence Day parade and events, and the Polish American Festival.
    Over the past several years, our involvement has been drastically reduced by the town leadership.
    As you know, the Independence Day events held at Cheektowaga Town Park have been greatly diminished, canceling all family-related activities short of the parade. In September of this year, we were notified by town officials that the Independence Day events would again be cut for 2017. The Independence Day event would be reduced to one day of music and refreshments to be held on July 3 and the parade held on July 4.

There would be no other activities planned after the close of the parade, including fireworks. We tried to reason with town officials to no avail, and we also could not secure a commitment of funding. Without this commitment, we could not begin the yearlong preparations necessary to run a successful event.
    We were forced to make the heartbreaking decision to withdraw our participation. Please know that this decision was not made lightly.
    Please contact Town of Cheektowaga officials to voice your concern over the eliminating of town events that bring our community together.
    Cheektowaga Patriotic
    Commission Officers and
    Board Members
    Paul Mazgajewski
    Santin Drive
    Cheektowaga

http://www.cheektowagabee.com/news/2016-12-01/Letters_to_the_Editor/Patriotic_Commission_addresses_July_4_participatio .html

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is in the bee

Commission did secure funding for activities

I must respond to the allegations made by Cheektowaga Patriotic Commission President Paul Mazgajewski.

Every year, the Patriotic Commission receives a $20,500 grant from the Town of Cheektowaga to run July Fourth festivities and other events — the largest grant given to any cultural organization in the town. Once again this year, $20,500 was allocated in the budget. It is unequivocally false for the commission to claim they could not secure a commitment of funding or support for next year’s activities.

It was the Patriotic Commission’s decision to not sponsor next year’s festivities. They were never forced by me or the town to make this decision. I even called Paul Mazgajewski several times to ask him to reconsider and he refused, stating that their aging membership did not have enough volunteers to work the events and they no longer had any interest.

I thank the members of the Patriotic Commission who have truly volunteered their time. It’s unfortunate the organization originally founded to celebrate our town has to celebrate our town has become so misguided with an extreme lack of transparency and accountability. Their leadership has inappropriately used the town’s grant money on an annual Christmas party and summer picnic for its members only. It is the town’s position that any grant received by cultural organizations should be used to benefit all Cheektowaga residents, not only the members of a particular group. Any leftover funds and proceeds received should be reinvested into next year’s activities.

The town is moving ahead planning festivities for 2017, working with other organizations to make sure July Fourth activities go on in some capacity. The Patriotic Commission was always a great cultural arm of the town and even though this current organization has folded, I invite a future generation to revive it and make it bigger and better.

Diane Benczkowski
    Supervisor
    Cheektowaga

http://cheektowagabee.our-hometown.c...s.html?print=1

Who remembers the Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates about outdoor activities being canceled?

Don't take my word for it. Read what they mailed to us property owners.

Remember town board elections are on the way. Keep election people from the same group you'll continue to get the same results.
    This mailer on Ted is so inaccurate and the message is incomplete. The Democrats are out creating quite a stir across the county. I think they are desperate because they are losing all over the country.

Ted Morton is not going to cause any harm to the seniors, typical, Dems love to use scare tactics don't they......

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is Paul Mazgajewski active in the Cheektowaga Democratic "Social Club" along with other people involved with the "The Patriotic Commission"? I don't want to assume and find out the local republicans run the Patriotic Commission....

Please contact Town of Cheektowaga officials to voice your concern over the eliminating of town events that bring our community together.

Cheektowaga Patriotic
    Commission Officers and
    Board Members
    Paul Mazgajewski
    Santin Drive
    Cheektowaga
    I have a better idea... We ask questions like...

How does spending just under $4000 on a private Christmas party bring our community together?

I'm going to gather some more information... If what I heard is true then this bs finally needs to come to an end. We have 3 people running for our town board come November who are not part of the group who has controlled our town for decades.

Really I wish 2 would drop out and pull their resources. Push the best candidate that can beat one of the three club members.

And that's the bottom line...D.R.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Tony Fracasso - Admin

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y.-- A long standing holiday tradition will not take place in the Town of Cheektowaga this year.

There will be no fireworks at Cheektowaga Town Park this 4th of July.

Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski tells 2 On Your Side the organization that has run the festivities over the years, the Cheektowaga Patriotic Commission, has disbanded and so far, no one else has come forward to fill that void.

However, Benczkowski says other holiday events will still go on, including food trucks and a concert by country artist Ricky Lee on July 3rd sponsored by State Assembly-woman Monica Wallace. The town's annual parade will be at noon on July 4 down Walden Avenue.

"I've lived here all my life and I was very saddened we found out at the end of December that the patriotic commission who always ran the July Fourth festivities disbanded," she said.

2 On Your Side's Jeff Preval spoke by phone with a current member of the commission. He didn't want to be named and took issue with the word disbanded and says the commission still exists, it's just not active because many of its members are not available to perform their duties.

The commission also says the town doesn't have the $20,000 to put on the show, but the supervisor assured us the money is there in the budget.

I don't know why issues like this are allowed to fester in our town which in the end costs us money.

Monday we'll do a FOIL and I'll show you what the group was up to.

Some stuff you can let slide but wait till you see how the money was spent....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information