Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th July Fireworks-Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

"General Description of Records Requested"

We need to pick are words wisely.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Foil is faxed over. This is going to get very interesting. They are lucky I have a sense of humor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This was on the Cheektowaga Chronical face book page.

Sharon Napier Mazgajewski I am tired of the Patriotic Commission getting the blame for no fireworks on the 4th of July. My Husband was called into a meeting in September and was told no beer tent, no food trucks, no fireworks on the 4th. He was also told the over time for the police was getting way to high for the 4th. We informed Ms. Benczkowski in Oct. we were not going to be involved in the 4th activities. March is when we handed in the paper work and remaining money. We didn't disband the organization. We just can't get new members. The majority of our members range from 60- 90 and is is too much for us. If anyone is willing to take over the organization please do. I want to tell you a little about our members. Our members work hard getting music, food trucks, security, beer tent ambulance and the fireworks scheduled. Our volunteer who does the parade has to call Fire companies, scouts, politicians, and others to march in the parade. ( and believe me or not She get hassled, because some don't like the positions their in). I know a lot of you don't think it is a lot of work, but it is. Some members also volunteered to work 2 days at the Crab Apple Festival. Anyone ask why Ms Benczkowski, our Supervisor discontinued, music, beer tent and car show for that Festival? Others volunteered at the Polish Festival when they were short workers. Some of us put up signs, walked and handed out pamphlets when Politicians were running for office. Isn't it funny all the things We thought we did to help the community and not "1" person stepped up to defend us. NICE!!! One more final subject. Our books were audited every year. Now all of a sudden we're using the grant inappropriately. We don't want any trouble or bad mouthing, we just want everyone to know our side of the story. Remember there are always 2 sides.
    I totally agree that it is difficult to get volunteers to manage large events.

Here is why some of the items were discontinued.. Lack of insurance for starters.

Some of us put up signs, walked and handed out pamphlets when Politicians were running for office. Isn't it funny all the things We thought we did to help the community and not "1" person stepped up to defend us. NICE!!! One more final subject. Our books were audited every year. Now all of a sudden we're using the grant inappropriately. We don't want any trouble or bad mouthing, we just want everyone to know our side of the story. Remember there are always 2 sides.
    I knew it. I think I know it. Maybe i don't. A group of people all part of the Cheektowaga Demcoratic Party "Social Club"... right? That social club is running three members this coming November. Let us drain the swamp once and for all.

Now all of a sudden we're using the grant inappropriately. We don't want any trouble or bad mouthing, we just want everyone to know our side of the story. Remember there are always 2 sides.
    The money was spent inappropriately for a long time. I heard about it but didn't believe so I just did a FOIL. As a property owner I wouldn't mind a little thank you breakfast before the event or a wrap dinner after the event. What I was told was a bit much...

I have found one thing about being this site and one thing only..their is never both sides of the story! This fake political site is only here to complain about the dems and defend Diane and Mark...Its like they walk on water...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This was on the Cheektowaga Chronical face book page.

I totally agree that it is difficult to get volunteers to manage large events.

Here is why some of the items were discontinued.. Lack of insurance for starters.

I knew it. I think I know it. Maybe i don't. A group of people all part of the Cheektowaga Demcoratic Party "Social Club"... right? That social club is running three members this coming November. Let us drain the swamp once and for all.

The money was spent inappropriately for a long time. I heard about it but didn't believe so I just did a FOIL. As a property owner I wouldn't mind a little thank you breakfast before the event or a wrap dinner after the event. What I was told was a bit much...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    I have found one thing about being this site and one thing only..their is never both sides of the story! This fake political site is only here to complain about the dems and defend Diane and Mark...Its like they walk on water...
    It's not a political website. It's a message board.

Remember I faxed over a foil asking for the receipts/statements for 2014/2015 of the "patriotic commission". I'm going to confirm what I have been told. You know exactly what I'm talking about and how the money was spent.

Tell me the other side of the story? How do you justify how the money was spent? Honestly it's a drop in the entire budget but all the drops add up.

No one walks on water and if I had my way the entire town board should be replaced with no one from the social club that has brought our town to the point it's at. Losing population, some of the highest property taxes in the USA and services no better/worse than any other town.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wouldn't there have been receipts for how the money was spent turned into the town board before the board approved the expenditure? They didn't just give $20,000 to a group of people and just say have at it, did they?

Get this.

The 20k was given to the group and then the money was spent. After the fact the receipts/statements were reviewed. If I was Supervisor the group would have been told what the money was meant to be spent on. Private picnic, liquor and private Christmas party wouldn't be on that list.

I totally get it's hard to get volunteers but that doesn't justify how the money was spent. As I said before if it was like a pre-event breakfast or after-dinner at the Showcase, Alton's or Denny's I could over look that. I think most property owners would for a job well done. This was a bit much and running the event without the proper insurance also opened up property owners to liability issues.

Some of us put up signs, walked and handed out pamphlets when Politicians were running for office. Isn't it funny all the things We thought we did to help the community and not "1" person stepped up to defend us. NICE!!! One more final subject. Our books were audited every year. Now all of a sudden we're using the grant inappropriately. We don't want any trouble or bad mouthing, we just want everyone to know our side of the story. Remember there are always 2 sides.
    How are you helping our town by marketing people from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party? The group that has brought us some of the highest property taxes in the USA? The group that did such a good job we have lost 1000's of town residents that left?

I am defending the volunteers that pull off the event in the past. I'm not defending how our money was spent.

Audited by who? You mean the fox watching the hen house?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post

Let us hear your side of the story. It's gonna be good. I know it.

My side...

So to answer most peoples questions and hopefully stop the chatter heres the real story behind the cancellation of the 4th of July Fireworks..According to the National Weather Service The Town of Cheektowaga Supervisor Diane Benzkowski predicated back in December 2016 that Cheektowaga, NY was going to have a very wet spring..Lots of heavy downpours, flooding, etc. This has actually happened..Unbelievable predication! With that being said she took the 20K out of the budget that was set aside for the fireworks and used it for preplanning much needed repairs to the Towns Hovercraft for use during our flood season! Thank God she has the intuition to predict such things..

Let us hear your side of the story. It's gonna be good. I know it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The wheels are turning. I faxed it over Monday but it wasn't received. I was told to then email it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RE: FOIL Request 170630.195 – Patriotic Commission (Checking/Officers)

Your FOIL request dated June 30, 2017 has been received by the Town Clerk. The information requested has been reviewed and forwarded to the respective Department(s) for research. I anticipate you will be contacted within approximately ten business days in regards to your request. You will be informed if more time is needed.

Once the requested information has been located and compiled, you will be notified. At this time you will be given the cost for copies and a method of payment and delivery of the records will be confirmed.

Pursuant to FOIL, a fee of $.25 per page for photocopies not exceeding 9” x 14” will be charged. All other fees will be based on the material requested. You will be offered the opportunity to view the records prior to any copies being created.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact Cynthia Dauscher, Deputy Town Clerk at (716) 686-3982.

Sincerely,

Vickie L. Dankowski

Town Clerk/Records Access Officer

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Anyone know who the company was that did the fireworks last year?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The FOIL is ready!... I'll pick it up Monday.... should make for interesting reading.

Just wondering -

Item #4: 2012 Universal Hovercraft & Trailer

More Info/Bid Now | Track this Item Closes On:
    May 9, 2014
    06:40:00 PM - 06:45:00 PM EST High Bid:
    $5,100.00 USD - statesurplus
    Minimum Next Bid:
    $5,200.00 USD
    bid increments
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The hovercraft episode is over with. I'm assuming it was parted out and sold. Time to move on about that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Foil is in hand.

You'll see where some of your hard earned property tax money went.

Foil is in hand.

You'll see where some of your hard earned property tax money went.
    From the scribble it looks like the event netted money, so where is the smoking gun of all the frivolous expenses?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information