Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Discounts

Military Discounts

Any substantial discounts that you know of?

Panera on the blvd used to be 50%, I think they stopped it though.
    Lowes is 10%

Hot Topic: 10%
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Is Lowes 10% all day every day? I thought the 10% was only on Memorial Day and Veterans day, but I could be thinking of the Depot.

I'm pretty sure they both do all-day-every-day with military ID. Not sure if it's just AD or retired as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they both do all-day-every-day with military ID. Not sure if it's just AD or retired as well.
    Thanks for the info.
    I still have my ID, and it says "Expiration Date: INDEF"...Now the fact that it's me from 10 years ago may raise a flag or two, but it technically isn't expired.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I still have my ID, and it says "Expiration Date: INDEF"...Now the fact that it's me from 10 years ago may raise a flag or two, but it technically isn't expired.
    Most likely it doesn't look like one. The military switched to CACS about 5 years ago. New ones are white (Not green anymore) with a smart chip in them.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Most likely it doesn't look like one. The military switched to CACS about 5 years ago. New ones are white (Not green anymore) with a smart chip in them.
    The good news is, unless the cashier is in the military currently, they probably have no clue.

The good news is, unless the cashier is in the military currently, they probably have no clue.
    Or, unless the cashier sees lots of them daily. We do have lot's of AGR here, as well as an Airbase in the area

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Or, unless the cashier sees lots of them daily. We do have lot's of AGR here, as well as an Airbase in the area
    I've seen more id cards (active, reserve, retired) than any cashier and if I have a hard time telling one from another, new from old, active from retired, etc, so will a cashier, vet or no vet.
    No eye rolling needed.

I lost mine, how hard is it to get a replacement? It's funny I had forgotten about it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I lost mine, how hard is it to get a replacement? It's funny I had forgotten about it until now.
    Go to the ID place at the air base and they can hook you up. I'd call first and they'll let you know what they need. The Marine/Navy base thing outside of Rochester can print them too. Again, I'm not sure what you'd need though.

Go to the ID place at the air base and they can hook you up. I'd call first and they'll let you know what they need. The Marine/Navy base thing outside of Rochester can print them too. Again, I'm not sure what you'd need though.
    thanks

I don't know about the exact discount, but Walt Disney World and Seaworld were offering amazing deals for military families last year and I believe it's still going on.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Quote Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
    I don't know about the exact discount, but Walt Disney World and Seaworld were offering amazing deals for military families last year and I believe it's still going on.
    Oooh... forgot about that one.

http://orlando.about.com/od/disney/qt/wdwmilitary.htm

One free five-day pass, and additional ones for $99. They have discounts on the hotels too, something to the tune of 40%, might have to be done through MWR on post though.

I believe most cell phone providers will give you around 20% off. Once again, I'm not sure if you have to have an active ID/LES. No harm in asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information