Thread: Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, congressional staffer shot in Virginia shooting

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, congressional staffer shot in Virginia shooting

Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, congressional staffer shot in Virginia shooting

Washington (CNN)Rep. Steve Scalise, a congressional staffer and members of the congressional police force were shot Wednesday morning in Alexandria, Virginia, in what sources are calling an apparent "deliberate attack."
    President Donald Trump said the alleged gunman had been killed. Federal law enforcement sources identified the shooter as James Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois.
    At least five people including Scalise were hospitalized. Scalise, the third ranking member of House Republican leadership as the majority whip, appeared to have been shot in the hip, Rep. Mo Brooks told CNN. A congressional staffer, Zach Barth, was also injured. Matt Mika, a lobbyist for Tyson Foods who sometimes practices with the team, was also identified as one of the victims, and Sen. Jeff Flake said Mika was the most seriously injured. House Speaker Paul Ryan also identified two members of the Capitol Police who were injured, Krystal Griner and David Bailey.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politi...ing/index.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They pulled his facebook page down quickly. I took a screen shot before hand. I figured they would

James T Hodgkinson FaceBook page

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Gunman wounds GOP congressman, then killed by police

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A rifle-wielding attacker opened fire on Republican lawmakers at a congressional baseball practice Wednesday, wounding House GOP Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana and several others as congressmen and aides dove for cover. The assailant, prepared with “a lot of ammo,” fought a gun battle with police before he, too, was shot and later died.

Scalise dragged himself off the infield leaving a trail of blood as colleagues rushed to his assistance.

http://wivb.com/2017/06/14/live-stre...s-of-congress/

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    They pulled his facebook page down quickly. I took a screen shot before hand. I figured they would

James T Hodgkinson FaceBook page
    He had two, this one was stale. His other one was quite prolific, 6-10 political posts per day. I have not looked, but if one is down, they probably got the other one too.

b.b.

Thread Information